Heart of Midlothian 2014-

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be a fair amount of substance in the chat you're after Liam Boyce.

As a County fan I've kept track of how our former striker has been performing. He's on a rich vein of form atm and he'll be out of contract this summer i believe. Last season was a write off due to serious injury but he seams to have put that behind him. 

He'll be on good wages, and on the look out for another rise I'd imagine, with other league 1 and championship clubs bound to be looking for a goal scorer, can hearts afford to compete? 

He's a natural goal scorer, who works shard fir the team too, maybe best slightly behind a lead the line attacker as he has great timing in his runs. Imo he'd be a great signing for Hearts, I'd just hate to see him play against Ross County, he'd destroy our current defence! 

18 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

As a County fan I've kept track of how our former striker has been performing. He's on a rich vein of form atm and he'll be out of contract this summer i believe. Last season was a write off due to serious injury but he seams to have put that behind him. 

He'll be on good wages, and on the look out for another rise I'd imagine, with other league 1 and championship clubs bound to be looking for a goal scorer, can hearts afford to compete? 

He's a natural goal scorer, who works shard fir the team too, maybe best slightly behind a lead the line attacker as he has great timing in his runs. Imo he'd be a great signing for Hearts, I'd just hate to see him play against Ross County, he'd destroy our current defence! 

There's no doubt that Boyce , on his recent form , could do it at a bigger more fashionable club than Burton. Pretty sure that more clubs than Hearts will be interested !

9 minutes ago, billyg said:

There's no doubt that Boyce , on his recent form , could do it at a bigger more fashionable club than Burton. Pretty sure that more clubs than Hearts will be interested !

After their latest win Burton are in 12th but only 3 points off a playoff spot (8 away from an automatic promotion spot). 

You'd think that they're focus would be on a surprise promotion to the very lucrative Championship. With that in mind I'd be very surprised if he or Burton would entertain any business that might weaken their squad. 

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

After their latest win Burton are in 12th but only 3 points off a playoff spot (8 away from an automatic promotion spot). 

You'd think that they're focus would be on a surprise promotion to the very lucrative Championship. With that in mind I'd be very surprised if he or Burton would entertain any business that might weaken their squad. 

Their manager was in the media yesterday saying if Boyce doesnt sign a new contract this month, then theyll be willing to sell him for the right fee.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their manager was in the media yesterday saying if Boyce doesnt sign a new contract this month, then theyll be willing to sign him for the right fee.

I wasn't aware that Clough had said that. My first opinion of that is that it's a come and get him plea to Stoke to buy him. Michael O'Neil obviously knows him well and he'll want to get a few of his own players in to get Stoke out of the relegation mess he's found them in. 

Boyce was Burton's record transfer signing when they signed him and they were clearly looking to sell him on for a sizeable fee, that injury in a preseason match at start of last season probably buggered those plans, this January will be their last chance to cash in. I'd imagine it'll be a wealthier club than Hearts that would get him. 

Not outwith the realms of possibility, but I'd be surprised if Stoke or any Championship teams will be spending significant cash on a 28 year old with 18 goals in 60 matches in League One. It's not like he was a big part of O'Neill's NI side either. Washington, Lafferty and Magennis all get picked ahead of him.

Listening to Clough's interview, he was asked if all the interest in Boyce and Fraser was from Scotland and he responded by saying that he thinks Fraser will want to stay in England. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Boyce might be open to a return to Scotland.

Unfortunately our league position makes us a hard sell at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Aberdeen.

Edited by DC92

15 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

What working roll does Levein do at the club? Specifics if anyone knows 

He's continuing his fantastic work in restructuring the academy. Ann Budge isn't too specific on what that means day to day. 

I wouldn't like to gamble on Lafferty repeating his goalscoring record from his last spell, but I'd take him if we're signing another striker as well.

More importantly, it seems as though Atlanta United are actually going to pay us a six figure sum for Mulraney and Wighton might be away to Dundee.