Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

You got exactly what you deserved.

Do you not bother with things like form when you gamble? Hearts home form is almost as bad as it gets.

1214064451_Flokiss.png.9544a901869f595394fd3dcfb0c01230.png

Been doing coupons for the best part of 40 years , wish i thought to look at form .Even as a HIbs fan did you not think that Hearts v St.Johnstone at 4/5 could not end up 1.0 to the home team..But your right , got what i deserved   😀

1 minute ago, gastropod said:

Been doing coupons for the best part of 40 years , wish i thought to look at form .Even as a HIbs fan did you not think that Hearts v St.Johnstone at 4/5 could not end up 1.0 to the home team..But your right , got what i deserved   😀

No, it had 0-0 written all over it in my mind.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Is your squad still very strong on paper?

At the start of the season, a few pundits said we had our best squad in years - a few fans bought that, but most of us had no idea what that claim was based on.

More recently, a few pundits said our squad was to good to get relegated - a few players aside, there isn't much evidence for that claim either.

if Levein was still head coach, I'm fucking sure Budge would allow a few signings - Stendel needs at least five new players, imo - ten or eleven would be far preferable, and there are very few players I would miss from the current mob if they fucked off in January. 

38 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

there are very few players I would miss from the current mob if they fucked off in January. 

Hardest bit is getting rid of them. We arguably had four players we tried to get rid of in the Summer window at various different times (Anderson, Callachan, Swanson, McMillan).

All we could achieve was loaning three out, where we likely still pay some of their wages.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hardest bit is getting rid of them. We arguably had four players we tried to get rid of in the Summer window at various different times (Anderson, Callachan, Swanson, McMillan).

All we could achieve was loaning three out, where we likely still pay some of their wages.

Took far to long to try to get rid of Anderson though, the likes of him and Callachan would've gladly been taken by quite a few championship clubs. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Took far to long to try to get rid of Anderson though, the likes of him and Callachan would've gladly been taken by quite a few championship clubs. 

Potentially. Hopefully be able to ship Callachan off in January pretty sharpish, if you're interested.

Got a chubby baller called Danny Swanson too if you fancy a 2 for 1 deal? 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Potentially. Hopefully be able to ship Callachan off in January pretty sharpish, if you're interested.

Got a chubby baller called Danny Swanson too if you fancy a 2 for 1 deal? 

We're stacked in centre mid, however if Cochrane is recalled by Hearts in January I could see us making a move. I'd imagine he'll be pretty easy to move on, I'd imagine the likes of Partick would be interested. 

Swanson would walk into any team in the championship I'd imagine, however I'd also imagine he'll be happy to keep his wage at St Johnstone. 

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Is it true Hearts can't afford to finish their wonderful main stand? :lol: 

Not true, they are just hanging fire in case they need to pay off Herr Gegenpress in a couple of months.

3 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Big news coming out of the AGM as it's confirmed Stendel thinks the players, currently sitting joint bottom of a tinpot league in an absolute backwater, are shite.

Tbf while undoubtedly true, I don't see what benefit comes from Budge saying that.  We still have 4 games til we can change the squad and even then it's dependent on shifting players on and getting ones we want in.

I don't trust most of our squad to take it as a kick up the arse, most will probably drop their heads even further.  And if we have to rely on them beyond January it's not great that Budge has let everyone know what Stendel thinks of them. Could end up like when Butcher slaughtered the Hibs players and was then stuck with them.  But less funny obviously.

Edited by Tony Wonder