Heart of Midlothian 2014-

8 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Spiers hounding Stendel for looking unkempt (after taking training in a fucking hurricane) is particularly rich given that he himself looks like he was used as a public school cumsock for the majority of his teenage years.

Exceptional. 😄 My mrs has just shouted through asking what i'm laughing at. Better to not explain. 

42 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Billy Dodds, John Hartson, Ian McCall, James McFadden and Graham Spiers. They've all ripped the pish out of Stendel before he's managed a single game because he's foreign and english is his third language and they are too thick and lazy to look into his background. Jobs for the boys arseholes. No wonder the game in this country is in a mess. 

The last 5 managers of Hearts have been guid honest Scotch laddies. Maybe worth trying something different? 

Heard Dodds, Hartson, and some lassie on Sportsound earlier, with Hartson being particularly clueless.

I don't think it's hard to understand - Stendell is keen to do things his way, and sees Kirk as someone he can work with, at least for now, and Gallagher is there because you need a goalkeeping coach.

Levein is still on the payroll because we can't afford to pay him off right now - he may be useful for this and that now and then, but Stendel won't be seeking his input.

Fox and Daly have been side-lined as they're Levein's boys, and he wants them out of the way - too many cooks as well - we can't afford to pay them off right now either.

f**k knows what's happened to Donald Park, but we didn't even know he was there a until a few weeks ago anyway.

Rankine, Beith, and Darren Murray are working with the youth set-up, I think?

Gary Naysmith is Loan Manager, and Locke is club ambassador - few are convinced that those roles are essential.

The only real mystery is MacPhee's role - again, he may just be seeing out his contract - MacPhee has been handy in recruiting players, but I'd hope Stendell takes the lead on that from now on - and John Murray can f**k off if he's still there.

Far too many in the way of backroom staff.

The thing about Kirk being 'the only one he can trust' could, I suppose., be a slight linguistic slip, maybe? Either way, Stendell is setting things up how he wants them -he may well turn out to be shite, and we'll always be a bit wary, especially after Cathro, but I like what I'm seeing - especially today.

I think there could be a few Billy Big Pockets in the dressing room, but I don't get the impression Stendell will be shy about putting his message across.

I suspect many players and coaches have been coasting, and it's obvious that something hasn't been right - these changes are for the best, imo, but we'll see.

Too long - did not read. 

Edited by paranoid android

It's possible that a few key players have privately given him the low-down on which coaches are huddies and best kept out of it. Some hints have been dropped in the press from a few that they've been unhappy with training. Just as likely that he wants the old regime out of it for a fresh start. First key decision and its a good one. 

Budge would have been better to lay Levein off and cut short any speculation.

Its also a bit of a worry that Stendel doesn't have his own men in to help but I've heard good things about Andy Kirk and if all goes well Stendel will move on at the end of his contract to better things and he will have passed his knowledge onto a homegrown coach. A bootroom that's actually based on forward thinking modern coaching. 

St. Johnstone is too early to judge but it'll be interesting to see whether they come firing out the traps from the first minute. 

This is the type of appointment I want us to make even if in hindsight it ends up shite. I'd rather we take chances on guys that have a philosophy of attacking like f**k any day over the shite we've had to put up with under Levein for the last 2 years.

Mon the gorgie-pressing.

This is the type of appointment I want us to make even if in hindsight it ends up shite. I'd rather we take chances on guys that have a philosophy of attacking like f**k any day over the shite we've had to put up with under Levein for the last 2 years.

Mon the gorgie-pressing.

I support St Johnstone and don’t really care but I’ve witnessed a huge decline in Hearts’ style of play. Tynecastle used to be a place to fear where you were attacked down the wings at pace, with almost every move being a threat. Occasionally we’d get a decent result, but since 2009 good results there came far more frequently for us.
Under Levein I was bored watching Hearts and can’t imagine how you must’ve felt these past few years.
Still my favourite away ground - when the atmosphere is there, but even that fell away.

34 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well he now knows how big the job is

Where do you even start to weed out the dross, some on long contracts ..There is around a dozen first team squad players that no one would give a f**k for if they just vanished..Got the feeling that the radio /  media types were waiting on a Cathro type car crash today and with the fixtures to come it aint going to get any easier..A team of experienced players , a few internationals, that can,t muster a proper shot at goal in 2 games against St.Johnstone is a serious hard job ..Hope he can do something when the transfer window opens..He,s going to need all the luck going ..Oh, and burst my coupon for £125..

Where do you even start to weed out the dross, some on long contracts ..There is around a dozen first team squad players that no one would give a f**k for if they just vanished..Got the feeling that the radio /  media types were waiting on a Cathro type car crash today and with the fixtures to come it aint going to get any easier..A team of experienced players , a few internationals, that can,t muster a proper shot at goal in 2 games against St.Johnstone is a serious hard job ..Hope he can do something when the transfer window opens..He,s going to need all the luck going ..Oh, and burst my coupon for £125..

What part of Hearts’ form screamed home banker to you? [emoji13]

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

What part of Hearts’ form screamed home banker to you? emoji13.png

Hearts fans are weird. Their forum was full of predictions about it being 4-0/5-0 wins for them.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What part of Hearts’ form screamed home banker to you? emoji13.png

Its called gambling , even if Hearts had won , it would have been Swindon or Wycombe or any other that usually fecks it up..Always next week 😄 , sounds familiar..

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts fans are weird. Their forum was full of predictions about it being 4-0/5-0 wins for them.

Really? Hoped for a narrow win.

TBH, it's hard to tell who is genuinely shit - Bozanic and Clare are, i'm sure - who is past it, unfit - Halkett and Walker probs - out of natural position, demoralised and demotivated.

There are 5 or 6 players who should leave the club forthwith. Some I fear have just been sucked down into Levein's sludge. I recken Whelan, Walker, Mulraney, Meshino and possibly Damour will come good under the new coach. But aye, that team as it stands is heading for relegation.

9 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Really? Hoped for a narrow win.

TBH, it's hard to tell who is genuinely shit - Bozanic and Clare are, i'm sure - who is past it, unfit - Halkett and Walker probs - out of natural position, demoralised and demotivated.

There are 5 or 6 players who should leave the club forthwith. Some I fear have just been sucked down into Levein's sludge. I recken Whelan, Walker, Mulraney, Meshino and possibly Damour will come good under the new coach. But aye, that team as it stands is heading for relegation.

Aye, although single club forums always bring out absolute weirdos.

Cant agree about Whelan tbh, hes been abysmal in both games against us and seems determined to slow your attack down.