Heart of Midlothian 2014-

We’ve definitely signed too many players in the past few windows, probably every window since Budge came in tbh. The nationality of the players doesn’t concern me really. Mick Smith has been a consistent performer, not Scottish. If they bring something to the squad then I’m all for it.
Gordon would be a great signing, providing he can still play and wouldn’t constantly be injured. Wallace will be won decent money at QPR but would be good. I’m not sure how Nicholson is getting on over in Canada, had very good moments but went missing as well.
Would assume Stendel will assess and have players he wants to bring in, like you say.
Out of those 3 players the only one I'd take is Gordon. Lee Wallace is done and Nicholson isn't welcome after spitting at that ref.

Out of those 3 players the only one I'd take is Gordon. Lee Wallace is done and Nicholson isn't welcome after spitting at that ref.

Haven’t really seen any of QPR so couldn’t tell you how Wallace is doing.
Had forgotten all about that - Googled it there and not convinced but, a bit like mulraney at the weekend, he’s definitely given the ref the chance to send him off and can’t really argue against it. If he’s performing at a level he’d improve our team, I’d take him back.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:59, Eric said:

Messi has never heard of hearts so he can get to F**k if he thinks he's joining us when he gets bored at Barca!!!

Messi was in the group that travelled to Scotland ten or so years ago to play Hearts in a friendly.  He didn't play but I'm pretty sure he will have heard of Hearts.

To an outsider it seems quite an interesting and exciting appointment for Hearts.

He had done well last season with Barnsley and as said has a 'footballing philosophy' in mind.

He has a hard job on his hands as so many players at Hearts just don't seem up to it.

Even Sir Ian McCall has suffered some bad results as he sets out to take Thistle to the dizzy heights of 8th in the Championship.

But average players produce average result. If they have a bad attitude too they'll get poor results.

Different levels as Hearts are a far bigger club who should be challenging for 3rd place or a European place at least. 

The honeymoon period will be respectively shorter.

It could all go amusingly awry but Stendel seems to have something about him. I'd imagine he'll turn things around.

Interesting times ahead...

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Sunday between Xmas & New Year

2pm kick off ( I know both clubs agreed to kick off time) but at £34, you can stick it up your hoop Budgie

I'm out.

The old Aberdonian stereotype getting a run out...

34 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

I was wondering if you’s could help me for the cup game we have Block L and M what’s the difference between the two blocks??

Block M is on the leftmost corner of the Roseburn (from the POV of someone unfortunate enough to be facing the pitch). Sitting there puts you next to the more sectarianism- and bigotry-inclined of the home fans, if that's the sort of thing you like. Block L, as you probably guessed, is between that and block K, which is the block right behind the goals. If it was me choosing between the two, I'd go for block L. (I'm not obsessed with Tynecastle, really - I just took delivery of derby tickets the other day so the Roseburn stand's geography is still fresh in my mind!)

Edited by Aim Here

Billy Dodds, John Hartson, Ian McCall, James McFadden and Graham Spiers. They've all ripped the pish out of Stendel before he's managed a single game because he's foreign and english is his third language and they are too thick and lazy to look into his background. Jobs for the boys arseholes. No wonder the game in this country is in a mess. 

The last 5 managers of Hearts have been guid honest Scotch laddies. Maybe worth trying something different?