Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

The full version of that press conf with Budge is........not at all awkward. Well worth a watch.

There's not enough minutes in the day to make me watch a full Hearts presser tbh. Fat Brian McLaughlin red faced and seething in his Pringle v-neck and golf shoes, whilst Aidan Smith figures out how to insert Pink Floyd and 7 nil into a quote about Haring's hernia.

Not. For. Me. 

Your boi @AberdeenHibee however... shitwine.png

Watching press conferences is strange behaviour. What do people expect to learn from this?

I've never been employed in football in any capacity whatsoever, yet I reckon I could carry off any new manager or pre or post-match press conference.

31 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Except they aren't joint directors of football.  

Unsure if folk are actually mentally handicapped or merely trying to get bites by pretending they're mentally handicapped, and it's 100% to their credit that it's not obvious.

14 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Your new manager just admitted in his first press release he had never heard of Hearts before now (c.12:10 in onwards in the press conference).  Priceless. Utterly priceless. 

Messi has never heard of hearts so he can get to F**k if he thinks he's joining us when he gets bored at Barca!!!

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Hearts fans on twitter are the biggest weirdos going (Old Firm and Falkirk fans aside). Strange delusions of grandeur, constantly raging, get way over exciting about things before going back to raging. Be safe out there. 

I know some pretty chronic patter out there.   

I'd recommend you looking at this:   https://www.mobile.twitter.com/JamTarts/status/15698526587485963254

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

I know some pretty chronic patter out there.   

I'd recommend you looking at this:   https://www.mobile.twitter.com/JamTarts/status/15698526587485963254

Thanks for the recommendation.

However, the underlying link is to the top level of the P&B League Two forum, the displayed text URL doesn't work because a) www.mobile.twitter.com isn't a real site and b) if HMFC ever did a twitter post with the ID 15698526587485963254, it's apparently gone now.

It's still unclear if you were trying to link to an example of chronic patter, or this broken post of yours IS an example of chronic patter. Either way, please fix.

15 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I wouldn’t be disappointed to see any of those players leave, nothing personal I’m sure there all lovely guys but they haven’t offered anything/much. Problem is, can’t see many being happy to walk away with nothing and I don’t see anyone buying any of them...

yes, I know this isnt football manager

but last years we have signed too much foreign players who havent improve the academy or scottish players, and probably they are more expensive

maybe if we could free 8 and sign only 3, plus young jambos, should be much more than enough for pass the season without problems...

for instance, gordon, wallace or nicholson... what do you thing

although the new manager probably is going to sign some players who he knows.

30 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Thanks for the recommendation.

However, the underlying link is to the top level of the P&B League Two forum, the displayed text URL doesn't work because a) www.mobile.twitter.com isn't a real site and b) if HMFC ever did a twitter post with the ID 15698526587485963254, it's apparently gone now.

It's still unclear if you were trying to link to an example of chronic patter, or this broken post of yours IS an example of chronic patter. Either way, please fix.

I think he's telling wee Murray to f**k back off to where he's relevant tbh

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Messi has never heard of hearts so he can get to F**k if he thinks he's joining us when he gets bored at Barca!!!

Tin hat on.  His lack of knowledge of Hearts and the SPFL presents massively heightened risk that he does not get what is needed in our league to succeed/how hard it actually is (see Paul Heckingbottom, Paul Le guen etc).  On the flip side he could bring a totally fresh perspective and drag Hearts away from the Scottish Footballing stereotype by trying to play a progressive continental game.  

Genuinely an interesting appointment nonetheless and virtually impossible to do any worse than Craig Levein.  Both Edinburgh Clubs should be stronger (Hibs certainly are). 

1 hour ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Tin hat on.  His lack of knowledge of Hearts and the SPFL presents massively heightened risk that he does not get what is needed in our league to succeed/how hard it actually is (see Paul Heckingbottom, Paul Le guen etc).  On the flip side he could bring a totally fresh perspective and drag Hearts away from the Scottish Footballing stereotype by trying to play a progressive continental game.  

Genuinely an interesting appointment nonetheless and virtually impossible to do any worse than Craig Levein.  Both Edinburgh Clubs should be stronger (Hibs certainly are). 

I get what you're saying but there is an endless list of managers who do know Scottish football that have been complete failures.  Recently in Scottish football Heckingbottom hasn't worked out but you could look at Alessio at Killie and say he's been a reasonable success so far.  I don't think it's fair to judge a new manager based on how another manager who happens to be from the same club performed.    but yes you could say it's a bit of  gamble but no more so that any of the other well know faces that were being touted for the job.

I'd say this is a reasonable assessment.  While there are probably more failures that successes, the same scrutiny isn't put on Scottish managers.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/judging-every-foreign-manager-in-scottish-football-history-1-4387149

9 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Hearts fans on twitter are the biggest weirdos going (Old Firm and Falkirk fans aside). Strange delusions of grandeur, constantly raging, get way over exciting about things before going back to raging. Be safe out there. 

You just absolutely fucking hate us, don't you? :lol:

yes, I know this isnt football manager
but last years we have signed too much foreign players who havent improve the academy or scottish players, and probably they are more expensive
maybe if we could free 8 and sign only 3, plus young jambos, should be much more than enough for pass the season without problems...
for instance, gordon, wallace or nicholson... what do you thing
although the new manager probably is going to sign some players who he knows.

We’ve definitely signed too many players in the past few windows, probably every window since Budge came in tbh. The nationality of the players doesn’t concern me really. Mick Smith has been a consistent performer, not Scottish. If they bring something to the squad then I’m all for it.
Gordon would be a great signing, providing he can still play and wouldn’t constantly be injured. Wallace will be won decent money at QPR but would be good. I’m not sure how Nicholson is getting on over in Canada, had very good moments but went missing as well.
Would assume Stendel will assess and have players he wants to bring in, like you say.