Heart of Midlothian 2014-

my dream winter market:
out (players who dont play), doyle, zlamal/pereira, dikamona, garuccio, white, wighton and maybe bozanic/damour and a striker
in: GK, left back, winger and midfield if haring cant play

I wouldn’t be disappointed to see any of those players leave, nothing personal I’m sure there all lovely guys but they haven’t offered anything/much. Problem is, can’t see many being happy to walk away with nothing and I don’t see anyone buying any of them...

24 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I wouldn’t be disappointed to see any of those players leave, nothing personal I’m sure there all lovely guys but they haven’t offered anything/much. Problem is, can’t see many being happy to walk away with nothing and I don’t see anyone buying any of them...

Extremely noticeable that more than a few players were, um, "pensive" during the video where he was meeting them for the first time. More than a few will know that their time is thankfully up at Tynecastle. Whether that's through being sold, released or launched into the sun, I can't say I much care. 8)

Extremely noticeable that more than a few players were, um, "pensive" during the video where he was meeting them for the first time. More than a few will know that their time is thankfully up at Tynecastle. Whether that's through being sold, released or launched into the sun, I can't say I much care. 8)

It certainly started that way until Mick Smith half stood then the rest followed suit, actually standing to shake the hand of your new boss. Releasing them is likely to cost us (unless they’ll agree to walk away, unlikely) so the sun it is. It’s apparently burning out so we’re in turn doing our bit for earth, can’t say fairer than that.

14 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

On the other side of that some very basic changes should make a huge difference.  Such as actually coaching the players rather than just chucking 11 on the park and hoping for the best.

If he's even semi competent, which I'd hope he is, we should hopefully see an improvement relatively quickly.   It's telling that the players are openly talking about the need of a clean break from the previous coaching regime, I'm hopeful he'll give them a lift just by having fresh ideas. 

Absolutely - he seems to have a very clear idea of how he wants the team to play, and looks like he can get his message across - the players that respond well can kick on - the rest can f**k off or rot.

3 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Your new manager just admitted in his first press release he had never heard of Hearts before now (c.12:10 in onwards in the press conference).  Priceless. Utterly priceless. 

Can't say I'm shocked or much bothered by that, if that's the case -Scottish football's a backwater. m8.

Edited by paranoid android

52 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

It must be a stressful career being a young, average player at SPFL clubs outwith the Old Firm. Decent money but hardly enough to set you up for life. They are young men often living away from their home town and families and living with the pressure to get into the squad, get into the team, and play well. The public - your own fans - regularly telling you you are shite at your job. You are only ever an injury away from being redundant or a new manager away from having to uproot and go and ply your trade  in Carlisle or Walsall or Plymouth or wherever. And I'm not sure how much support they will get from dressing room "banter".

I suspect the recent media coverage of mental health problems in the game is just the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by Pet Jeden

22 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Your new manager just admitted in his first press release he had never heard of Hearts before now (c.12:10 in onwards in the press conference).  Priceless. Utterly priceless. 

You just spent time watching a Hearts press conference :lol:

33 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Absolutely - he seems to have a very clear idea of how he wants the team to play, and looks like he can get his message across - the players that respond well can kick on - the rest can f**k off or rot.

Oh my. We, too, had an ex-Barnsley manager and every player interview we had after he joined would include the players saying one or other close paraphrase of 'I spoke to him and he told me exactly how he wanted me to play'. I'm getting a sense of deja vu here...

On 07/12/2019 at 19:17, Crùbag said:

My first games as a kid were when we yo-yoed between SPL and 1st Div. I take nothing for granted.

Hopefully Stendel kicks some arsch and shows the lightweights and non-scoring strikers the door.

Great to have an Ossi as well

.1704395801_heartsddrcrest.jpg.3af1969e50d8e75e8e138d7b3aebb293.jpg

Quite good English for someone only a few years old.

33 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Oh my. We, too, had an ex-Barnsley manager and every player interview we had after he joined would include the players saying one or other close paraphrase of 'I spoke to him and he told me exactly how he wanted me to play'. I'm getting a sense of deja vu here...

Daniel Stendel is a manager who tells his players how he wants them to play and Paul Heckingbottom was also a manager who tells his players how he wants them to play.

Worrying times ahead.

Tbf when a manager comes into a league for the first time, takes over a poor squad, and then assumes his style of play is going to work perfectly straight away, it doesnt usually end well.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf when a manager comes into a league for the first time, takes over a poor squad, and then assumes his style of play is going to work perfectly straight away, it doesnt usually end well.

BBC Radio Scotland were reporting today that Stendell isn't expecting it to work perfectly straight away. 

Edited by paranoid android

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Hadn't heard of Hibs either. Bad luck my boeys, you're clearly coming down with us. Again. 

putitthere.png

The full version of that press conf with Budge is........not at all awkward. Well worth a watch.

****Stop Press Levein and Stig of the Dump joint Sporting Directors********image.png.c32985b70f40e105750f42df04a519d5.png

Edited by Green Day