Heart of Midlothian 2014-

45 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

It's out, and it is remarkably concise, without the usual horrific abuse of ellipsis. Maybe Craig Levein's been assigned to write the press releases while his contract burns out.

Also some of the statements of fact flatly contradict Barnsley, so this is goingto be a fun watch.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5

Finally a statement free of needless ellipses.Wow

Getting torn right into the backwater brexit voting fucks. pinilla.png

13 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Hang on - if the Barnsley board thought Stendell was in violation of his contract for speaking to a rival club without permission, why put him on gardening leave? Why not just fire him without pay?

Barnsley did say they were trying to keep everything private, and it makes some sense.

It's the path of least resistance. It's probably easier and cheaper to pay a manager's contract out rather than get into a shitfight with an ex-employee - if you're going to fire someone and they resist and can afford decent lawyers, you will have to make damn sure you can prove to a tribunal's satisfaction that the employee committed a fireable offence and that's not likely trivial, and at the end of it, even if you win, you'll likely still be out a hefty lawyer bill. If you don't, you pay off your lawyers, pay off the ex-employee, and maybe even costs on top of that. Also, it's not a good look for your business. It's likely the same reason Neil Lennon got paid off rather than sacked.

Don't try this at home, though. Your boss likely can afford better lawyers than you, and you probably haven't got a football-manager-quality employment contract that insists they pay up even if they dump you because you're shite. Football players and managers have more power over their employers than real people.

Edited by Aim Here

Happy with Stendell, but he's got his work cut out for him.

We've wondered for a while whether another coach could get more from these players - he's got a few weeks to work with them, but I expect he'll probably want to punt a few, and bring some in In January.

I mind Burley saying not long after he took over that he wasn't much impressed with the squad - I'd like to know what Stendell makes of the quality and condition of the players - he may be in for a shock. 

5 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Happy with Stendell, but he's got his work cut out for him.

We've wondered for a while whether another coach could get more from these players - he's got a few weeks to work with them, but I expect he'll probably want to punt a few, and bring some in In January.

I mind Burley saying not long after he took over that he wasn't much impressed with the squad - I'd like to know what Stendell makes of the quality and condition of the players - he may be in for a shock. 

On the other side of that some very basic changes should make a huge difference.  Such as actually coaching the players rather than just chucking 11 on the park and hoping for the best.

If he's even semi competent, which I'd hope he is, we should hopefully see an improvement relatively quickly.   It's telling that the players are openly talking about the need of a clean break from the previous coaching regime, I'm hopeful he'll give them a lift just by having fresh ideas. 

40 minutes ago, McGarci said:

my dream winter market:

out (players who dont play), doyle, zlamal/pereira, dikamona, garuccio, white, wighton and maybe bozanic/damour and a striker

in: GK, left back, winger and midfield if haring cant play

What part of the world do you live in now?

56 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

What part of the world do you live in now?

x mi te puedes ir a la puta mierda, gilipollas

if you dont understand me, you can use google translator, fucking ignorant 

sorry for the rest of the people

mon jambos!

Edited by McGarci

11 minutes ago, McGarci said:

mon jambos!

Pet Jeden gets obliterated. The bigot scumbag that he is.  jjay

1 hour ago, McGarci said:

mon jambos!

Ouch. tbf if someone doubted I was who I said I was, I might be wee bit miffed too.

D3449026-13EC-4AD7-937A-8481D01D9073.png