Heart of Midlothian 2014-

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Neil McCann barely won a third of his games at Dundee, conceding just shy of 100 goals in 65 games (scoring 66). He had you bottom of the league and clear favourites for relegation.

Zero idea why Dundee fans constantly try and paint him as anything other than dreadful.

Because he didn't just fill the team with cloggers and hoof it up the park. 

It's why any sane Dundee fan won't want atommy Wright. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Because he didn't just fill the team with cloggers and hoof it up the park. 

It's why any sane Dundee fan won't want atommy Wright. 

Well yes, he built a team of spineless shitebags who could barely win a half never mind a match. You're not really selling him here, unless conceded almost 2 goals a game over 50 games, and scoring half of that, is "exciting football".

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, he built a team of spineless shitebags who could barely win a half never mind a match. You're not really selling him here, unless conceded almost 2 goals a game over 50 games, and scoring half of that, is "exciting football".

I've said it numerous times - I pay to be entertained. Watching folk making a very decent living just shelling balls back to front or shithousing games isn't in the least bit entertaining. 

At Hearts he would have better players, a better budget and more of a chance of his 'philosophy' working. 

As I said, no Perth spokesman still crying over his hero being outed as a fat grass is going to change my opinion on him. 

Legend. 

Edited by Dele

28 minutes ago, Dele said:

I've said it numerous times - I pay to be entertained. Watching folk making a very decent living just shelling balls back to front or shithousing games isn't in the least bit entertaining. 

At Hearts he would have better players, a better budget and more of a chance of his 'philosophy' working. 

As I said, no Perth spokesman still crying over his hero being outed as a fat grass is going to change my opinion on him. 

Legend. 

😂 are you trolling with this?

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Tom English says Stendel wants the job and should be in place by midweek.

How are they going to f**k this up then?

Alex Ferguson said the most important relationship at a football club is between the Head Coach/Manager and the Chair - If Stendel is thinking 'can I work with this person?' (Budge), he may well be thinking 'nein'. 

Quite a few ex Dundee players have come out to say that McCann was an oddball. Constantly screaming at players after every loss. He clearly lacks any interpersonal skills so I can only image what a car crash he'd be for our squad given current moral. 

In terms of the Hearts job, any manager worth his salt would be looking at our squad and thinking they could get us into the top 6. With our budget the next season competing for Europe is where we should be. Also Budge's biggest flaw is also paradoxically the club's biggest selling point to a prospective manager- she gives managers more than plenty of time to turn things around, with the exception of the laptop lad who was clearly bonkers and even she could see it was unrepairable. 

7 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

So, Hearts are going for a manager who completely flopped at Barnsley and got the sack. 

Hibs have just sacked Paul Heckingbottom, who was one of Barnsleys best managers in modern times. This should be good. 

The fans didn't want him out. He won promotion and flopped after the board sold something like 4 defenders and a striker. Think similar happened to Dundee.

Will it work at Hearts? Who knows? My other choice would be Robinson.

4 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Alex Ferguson said the most important relationship at a football club is between the Head Coach/Manager and the Chair - If Stendel is thinking 'can I work with this person?' (Budge), he may well be thinking 'nein'. 

If he doesn't think he can work with a chair as accepting of expensive transfer gambles, as patient with dire results and as publicly loyal in the face of raging fans - then he's an idiot and he can GTF.

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

If he doesn't think he can work with a chair as accepting of expensive transfer gambles, as patient with dire results and as publicly loyal in the face of raging fans - then he's an idiot and he can GTF.

He's not Craig Levein, though - Budge seemed to trust Levein implicitly - is she likely to make that mistake again? Hopefully the Sporting Director can strike a balance.

If Stendel happens, I'll be happy to have a coach who can hopefully organise and motivate, and who has clear ideas about how he wants the team to play.

I remember being pleased about Cathro and MacPhee, though - look how that turned out! :lol:

It's just great news to hear your new manager is likely to take proper charge of his first game against us at Tynecastle, just fantastic.

Tbf, if he could've hand picked a game to start on, its absolutely perfect.

40 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Good to see Hearts landing their 2nd choice manager after Ross told them he'd rather go to a big team.

Let's not rewrite history Romeo. Ross was interviewed as part of that first tranche of dross no-hopers, alongside McCann, McCall and Cotterill, which was purely designed to trick people into thinking they didn't have a clue what they were doing.