2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Correct they do love an old staunch shitebag

Wasn't even thinking of Staunchness, was just thinking he ticks a lot of boxes

1. Mid 30's 

2. Former International

2. Former Premier League Player

3. Most recently in the English Championship

Edited by senorsoupe

I don't mind an old pro with 86 ROI caps blocking the youngsters. But, F me. Whelan plus Damour plus Bozanich plus Haring - who all do roughly the same running-about-a-lot thing?

I think the impatience with poor results is probably driving hearts to look for quick fixes ahead of longer term development.

I'm incredibly jealous of the way Hearts are utilising their financial advantage tbh. I only wish we had the money to sign 3 or 4 sub standard jobbers for each position. We'll just have to make do with 2.

I also expect to hear a better song book this year lads. Whelan rhymes with feeling and also sexual healing. Get busy.

52 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I don't mind an old pro with 86 ROI caps blocking the youngsters. But, F me. Whelan plus Damour plus Bozanich plus Haring - who all do roughly the same running-about-a-lot thing?

To be fair, I think we've signed Whelan because Haring is crocked, and Bozanic isn't up to the job, or Levein can't get enough out of him.

Happy enough with the signing of Whelan - great to see that people are losing their minds over it. 

Edited by paranoid android

42 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

That's how I learned he was employed by you guys.  Some quick research tells me he's been on the books at Hearts for a while now, just hadn't played

Seems to me we're giving White a chance to get back into the game after a bad injury - hope he's able to get close to his best form again. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Correct they do love an old staunch shitebag

I for one, would love him. He's a diving cheat - but he would provide more attacking urgency down the right in one game than Michael Smith will provide all season. No idea where he registers on the Staunchometer, but I'm sure you non-sectarian Celtic supporters will know precisely what Hutton's views are.

47 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'm incredibly jealous of the way Hearts are utilising their financial advantage tbh. I only wish we had the money to sign 3 or 4 sub standard jobbers for each position. We'll just have to make do with 2.

I also expect to hear a better song book this year lads. Whelan rhymes with feeling and also sexual healing. Get busy.

We'll  never reach the pitch of that sublime Marvin Gaye voice. And it would be truly horrific if we tried.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I for one, would love him. He's a diving cheat - but he would provide more attacking urgency down the right in one game than Michael Smith will provide all season. No idea where he registers on the Staunchometer, but I'm sure you non-sectarian Celtic supporters will know precisely what Hutton's views are.

On a scale of 16-90 he's quite low to be honest. And actually comes across as a half decent professional really.

I also saw some Hearts fan on twitter wanting Lafferty and Cummings. That is possibly a thicker strike force than Riordan and O’Connor.

Black Eyed Peas:

We got Glenn Whelan ....ooh ooh

because our midfield was quite shite

Yes our midfield was quite shite

And now our midfield is not so shite

‘Cos we got Glenn Whelan ....ooh ooh

Etc...

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

On a scale of 16-90 he's quite low to be honest. And actually comes across as a half decent professional really.

I also saw some Hearts fan on twitter wanting Lafferty and Cummings. That is possibly a thicker strike force than Riordan and O’Connor.

Close, but not quite. Certainly Riorden /O'Connor skoosh the convictions count 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

We don't have a financial advantage from FOH money until we pay budge back. It's the benefactors money that's being spanked on jobbers.

How about: oooh what a feeling when we're watching Glenn Whelan

27 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Black Eyed Peas:

We got Glenn Whelan ....ooh ooh

because our midfield was quite shite

Yes our midfield was quite shite

And now our midfield is not so shite

‘Cos we got Glenn Whelan ....ooh ooh

Etc...

^^^ Won't be making it to bootcamp unfortunately.

CarefreeCelebratedIncatern-small.gif.d1296abf4928e6e2707224663f218d57.gif

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

How about: oooh what a feeling when we're watching Glenn Whelan

If this is to the tune of 'dancing on the ceiling' then

giphy-10.gif.7cd5f78412e4537fbc141430ce58d560.gif

Bonus points for choosing a tune that was out when Whelan was starting his career.

19 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

^^^ Won't be making it to bootcamp unfortunately.

CarefreeCelebratedIncatern-small.gif.d1296abf4928e6e2707224663f218d57.gif

If this is to the tune of 'dancing on the ceiling' then

giphy-10.gif.7cd5f78412e4537fbc141430ce58d560.gif

Bonus points for choosing a tune that was out when Whelan was starting his career.

The tune would be to Dancing on the Ceiling but nowadays it'll just be a chorus of boo's.

Edited by The Tackle