Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I'm sure there's been plenty of schadenfreude around the Hearts pitch from Saturday etc but genuine question, what on earth happened?

Was the pitch just collateral in a bit of extra cash from the fringe? Pretty horrendous to allow that done to the pitch after the season has started.

I'm sure there's been plenty of schadenfreude around the Hearts pitch from Saturday etc but genuine question, what on earth happened?
Was the pitch just collateral in a bit of extra cash from the fringe? Pretty horrendous to allow that done to the pitch after the season has started.

Answered your own question I think, probably can claim good exposure or some pish, and I agree with your conclusion.
We spent a million quid on the pitch last year...

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Answered your own question I think, probably can claim good exposure or some pish, and I agree with your conclusion.
We spent a million quid on the pitch last year...

I suppose you'd hope the damage is just superficial but it's really not a good look. We've let the SRU use out pitch in the past and it did some bad damage.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Some people have been critical but not me

I was at the LA Philharmonic concert and it was far more entertaining than the Ross County game

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Potentially a new goalie incoming...seems odd to give one a contract extension last week, have another as number 1 then sign a new boy as well.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-plan-to-have-at-least-one-new-player-for-motherwell-trip-1-4981419

Heard a couple of rumours that Zlamal is looking to move back home this summer. 

Judging by his performance on Saturday it might explain why he didn't seem to be fully present... 

Heard a couple of rumours that Zlamal is looking to move back home this summer. 
Judging by his performance on Saturday it might explain why he didn't seem to be fully present... 

Would explain why we’re looking for a goalie, an area that could be improved anyway. Strange though that Bobby’s still number 1 if he’s potentially on his way.

I suppose you'd hope the damage is just superficial but it's really not a good look. We've let the SRU use out pitch in the past and it did some bad damage.

Hopefully. It’s really harming our free flowing, silky football...

Levein says by the time Friday's game comes round we "might have some bodies in the building".  Just how many bodies does he need? He has brought plenty of bodies in - the problem is too many are average at best and too many are not fit enough to play 90 minutes. And those that are good, don't seem to be performing for him.

Spoiler

I’ve reached the point I’d be happy to see Levein go, in fact I think he has to, but who would folk want in? Would expect Daly to take over, or maybe even rushed in Naysmith and that’d be fine but I’d like see something a bit more exciting, can’t think of anybody in particular at the the moment though.

What's going on with this Whelan melt by the way? It's been about a week since he was offered a contract - if he's this incapable of making up his mind get him to f**k and let him enjoy strolling about in Stevenage. c**t is taking the piss.

Just now, NJ2 said:

I’ve reached the point I’d be happy to see Levein go, in fact I think he has to, but who would folk want in? Would expect Daly to take over, or maybe even rushed in Naysmith and that’d be fine but I’d like see something a bit more exciting, can’t think of anybody in particular at the the moment though.

Naismith player-manger, or Jack Ross back before he gets pushed out the door at Sunderland?

Not a big fan of "who should we get in?" questions tbh. It's not up to the support to draw up a shortlist. What I would expect is that the club sensibly looks at the applications, chucks away the shite then speaks to a selection of the better candidates before deciding on the best. Who they might be is not my concern, who is picked is - and if it's MacPhee or one of the other doughballs currently stealing oxygen up at Oriam then the entire club can go f**k itself with a rake.

What's going on with this Whelan melt by the way? It's been about a week since he was offered a contract - if he's this incapable of making up his mind get him to f**k and let him enjoy strolling about in Stevenage. c**t is taking the piss.

The old c**t has fallen asleep like someone’s gran on Christmas Day and nobody has the heart to wake him.
Naismith player-manger, or Jack Ross back before he gets pushed out the door at Sunderland?

Wouldn’t Jack Ross coming back. Seems unlikely unless some other staff change though.

Never a fan of the "sack the manager " approach everytime we hit a bit of a bad run but to be honest he seems to be the problem, the players we have are more than good enough to be competing near the top of the league and there are only a few areas that need desperate improvement. Levein just doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the squad.

43 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Never a fan of the "sack the manager " approach everytime we hit a bit of a bad run but to be honest he seems to be the problem, the players we have are more than good enough to be competing near the top of the league and there are only a few areas that need desperate improvement. Levein just doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the squad.

There is having a bad run and only winning 4 games so far in 2019 not to mention the shite that was served up between October and December last year. Levein needs to go but i'd rather the 'boot room' experiment draws to a bad conclusion (not bad enough to relegate us of course) than Levein skips back upstairs midseason to save face and just appoints Daly. 

37 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Billy Davies would/could have been a fantastic appointment.

No fucking way. The man is a complete mental case. Then there is the cat rumours which have been doing the rounds for the last few years...