Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Has Walker not been mostly crocked for the past 18 months or did I make that up? A decent option if he can stay fit and Hearts is about his level. 

After going to Wigan in the 2017/18 transfer window he never really established himself in their line up

He went on loan to Peterborough at the start of last season. He was in and out of the team there till he got crocked around Christmas and missed the entire second half of the season.

His record of 99 goals in 308 games (according to wikipedia) most of which came playing for St Ives, whoever the f**k they are, doesn’t have me very excited but we definitely need another striker and you’d think McPhee must know him pretty well.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

His record of 99 goals in 308 games (according to wikipedia) most of which came playing for St Ives, whoever the f**k they are, doesn’t have me very excited but we definitely need another striker and you’d think McPhee must know him pretty well.

A lot of NI based Jambos on Facebook seem pretty delighted that we might get him. Doesn't look massively prolific but maybe there's more to his game.

On 25/06/2019 at 03:03, JTS98 said:

I don't like Walker.

He's a decent player, but I just don't like him. Was glad when he left and don't really want him back.

I tend to agree. That said, 2 players I recall leaving on bad terms and returning are Webster and Stevenson, and they done alright.

St Ives are his home town non league club in the 7th tier so he’s ascended 5 rungs on the English ladder

He was running at a goal every 180 minutes for Peterborough in League one which persuaded newly relegated QPR to part with the thick end of £3million of their parachute payment to take him

He didn’t set the heather alight at Loftus Road but wasn’t an abject failure either

7 league goals in his first full season meant he was the club’s 2nd highest goal scorer. The following season saw him marginalised by the arrival of Matt Smith from Fulham and he left by mutual consent for Sheffield United

He barely featured for the blades but given that they got promoted to the Premiership with points to spare that’s no disgrace.

In the 429 minutes of Championship football he did play he did at least set up the winner against Brentford.

Of course if he had been a crucial component in United’s promotion campaign then we wouldn’t be discussing him here.

My reading of his CV is that he wasn’t really worth £3m and shouldn’t be turning out for Sheffield United at Old Trafford but for the level we’re operating at he could be more than useful.

And unusually for the Levein era he’s a normal sized centre forward so brings something new

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

I didn’t think anyone top flight team could release a worse away top than Aberdeen but congratulations. 

It's the type of top that will sell very poorly but in years to come will become very collectible due to the scarcity of it.

Yea it's shite...💩