Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Am I alone in thinking Keena deserves a chance ? Shows enough guile around the box - and critically, a willingness to shoot . What the budget doesn’t need is more, expensive 3-year-deal punts on players who will block the progression of young players already on the books. Team Levein’s judgements on forwards has been poor.

Am I alone in thinking Keena deserves a chance ? Shows enough guile around the box - and critically, a willingness to shoot . What the budget doesn’t need is more, expensive 3-year-deal punts on players who will block the progression of young players already on the books. Team Levein’s judgements on forwards has been poor.

Keena started on Saturday and got half an hour against both Hibs and Rangers. I’m not sure he’s shown enough to get much more than that but he’s only 19 and we’ve 5 ‘meaningless’ league games coming up so hopefully he features a fair bit in these. Certainly rather see him featuring than start Shagger Maclean (we know what we’re getting) and Vanecek who’s done f**k all but eat it seems.

Peter Haring has had more game time than any other outfield player this season and he had a hernia operation this season.

That basically sums up how shitty this season has been for injuries

5 hours ago, Navallion said:

Chris Cadden has been contacted apparently. Motherwell will want to keep him but whatever happens happens, would love it if he signed.

Considering Hastie will cost £400k in compensation, you could assume Cadden would be over £600k.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering Hastie will cost £400k in compensation, you could assume Cadden would be over £600k.

Aye. £600k was the figure quoted in compensation when we patched the £100k offer from Hearts a couple of seasons ago.

"When a boy can walk out of a club when his contract runs out for £600,000 compensation, the offer of £100,000, well, let’s just say, we’ll move on very quickly because it’s nowhere near what we would consider."

Edit: Using Lewis Ferguson as a benchmark (rather than what Hastie might cost) he went from Accies to Aberdeen for £238k. He'd been at Accies 5 years and played 14 first team games. Cadden's been at Motherwell 13 years and played almost 140 first team games at Premiership level (plus 12 u21 international caps and 2 full caps).

Edited by capt_oats

I think Hearts could spend that kind of money on the right player.  From what I've seen, which admittedly is limited, I'm not convinced Cadden is the right player.  He doesn't seem to have kicked on from what he threatened to be 12-18 months ago.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Independiente have 371 games in hand on us which might prove crucial

We've got 530 games to make up 420 points on Everton though - at Levein's current rate that should be just about possible.

gxHuKgR.png

New shree year deal for Haring, excellent news.  We are starting to build a very solid spine, now all we need is a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.  Get Naismith tied up and another 3 or so with some creativity and we are looking in good nick for the longer term.

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

New shree year deal for Haring, excellent news.  We are starting to build a very solid spine, now all we need is a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.  Get Naismith tied up and another 3 or so with some creativity and we are looking in good nick for the longer term.

Desperately need some width, as has been the issue for several transfer windows now.

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Vanecek may well turn out to be pish, and he may well have turned up unfit, not knowing a word of English, if that's true, but Levein has hung the boy out to dry, and he signed Vanecek.

Happy with the signing of Halkett, but I don't want Levein making any more signings, and I'd like him replaced by someone with much more of a clue about tactics.

Let Levein go after the final, advertise the gig, and see who comes knocking. 

Edited by paranoid android