Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Great news regarding Souttar.

Think he's been looked after by Levein for a long time and the boy obviously respects him in return.

If he can get another 18 months under his belt alongside Berra and stay clear of serious Injury, I reckon we'll get a cracking fee for him in the summer of 2020, 

Win/Win for club and player imho.

Happy with the window overall, I think it was mainly about getting players signed up rather than bringing in some. Obviously given our key players returning from injury means we can push on to cement ourselves within the top four, though it will be hard. Shaughnessy and Vanecek have plenty time to prove their worth but the squad is looking really strong and can't wait for Uche to return :lol:

It's so important that we get Naismith and Haring tied down. If Uche comes back in and looks the same player as before his injury, get him a new deal too.

If so, in the summer we're probably looking for a new net tender, a centre midfielder if Djoum doesn't sign again, and a winger. Maybe a left back too.

Team is looking good for the rest of this season, though:

Doyle

Smith Souttar Berra

Morrison Haring Bozanic Djoum

Naismith

Uche Claire

Squad: Zlamal, Godinho, Shaughnessy, Dikamona, Garuccio, Lee, Cochrane, Mitchell, Mulraney, Keena, Vanecek

In the bin: Hughes, Edwards, Wighton, MacLean

That's a side that should have high ambitions of winning the cup this year, or what's the point?

34 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's so important that we get Naismith and Haring tied down. If Uche comes back in and looks the same player as before his injury, get him a new deal too.

If so, in the summer we're probably looking for a new net tender, a centre midfielder if Djoum doesn't sign again, and a winger. Maybe a left back too.

Team is looking good for the rest of this season, though:

Doyle

Smith Souttar Berra

Morrison Haring Bozanic Djoum

Naismith

Uche Claire

Squad: Zlamal, Godinho, Shaughnessy, Dikamona, Garuccio, Lee, Cochrane, Mitchell, Mulraney, Keena, Vanecek

In the bin: Hughes, Edwards, Wighton, MacLean

That's a side that should have high ambitions of winning the cup this year, or what's the point?

Considering our budget l am pretty happy with the squad at present. A sold defending LB is top of the wish list though.

Would be happy enough for Hughes and/or MacLean to join the coaching staff if it suited all parties, not that we need more coaches tbh. Craig Wighton is still only 21 so happy for him to stick about a wee while out. I don’t see a future at the club for Ryan Edwards but we’ll see.

2 hours ago, Neiljb said:

Considering our budget l am pretty happy with the squad at present. A sold defending LB is top of the wish list though.

I agree. Although we have a more settled squad, I still think we'll bring three or four players in during the summer due to some leaving. Hopefully that's mainly fringe players so the overall quality of the squad continues to increase.

So much depends on Naismith staying, though. He is without doubt our most talismanic figure since Rudi.

There are various ways we can play but I think Berra-Souttar-Haring-Djoum-Naismith-Uche needs to be the spine of the team. I'd keep them in the middle regardless.

4-2-3-1:

Doyle

Smith Souttar Berra Garuccio

Haring Djoum

Morrison/Mulraney Naismith Clare

Uche

3-5-2 (defensive):

Doyle

Dikamona Souttar Berra

Smith Haring Djoum Garuccio

Naismith

Uche Clare

3-5-2 (attacking):

Doyle

Souttar Smith Berra

Morrison Haring Djoum Mulraney

Naismith

Uche Clare

Some variation of the above  would do me for the rest of the season.

56 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I agree. Although we have a more settled squad, I still think we'll bring three or four players in during the summer due to some leaving. Hopefully that's mainly fringe players so the overall quality of the squad continues to increase.

So much depends on Naismith staying, though. He is without doubt our most talismanic figure since Rudi.

Keeping Djoum is close to becoming as important as keeping Naismith imo.

2 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Just read somewhere that Hearts next 6 fixtures are against 5 of the bottom 6. With a game against us in between, good chance for yous to put a challenge in.

If we had another two or three wins to our tally I'd agree, but the gap now will be too much to bridge.

Basically, if we never had those shockers against St Mirren and Dundee, and maybe scraped some other win elsewhere.

That's Hertz and what ifs for you. bQshDtu.png

Good evening folks, looking for a pointer regarding Hearts TV as I’ve no way of making the game tomorrow night. I had a look at the packages and it looks like there is a minimum one-month subscription - is this my best/only option to watch a one-off game? As an aside, I don’t mind paying the £14 but seems like the club might be missing a trick for away fan interest? Cheers

7 hours ago, crispy said:

Good evening folks, looking for a pointer regarding Hearts TV as I’ve no way of making the game tomorrow night. I had a look at the packages and it looks like there is a minimum one-month subscription - is this my best/only option to watch a one-off game? As an aside, I don’t mind paying the £14 but seems like the club might be missing a trick for away fan interest? Cheers

Yes

Edited by Navallion