Heart of Midlothian 2014-

19 hours ago, Menzel said:

Do Hearts have some sort of scouting system set up in the Czech Republic? Vaněček is a rather interesting signing - Teplice have been a rather middling team for years but he's had some half-decent form for the first part of the season. It's worth keeping in mind that he's been scoring goals against teams with some poor defensive records though - Dukla's backline in particular has been howling this campaign, and he's also got one against a Karviná team that are struggling (and escaped relegation last season by the skin of their teeth).  A few years ago now mind, but he was instrumental in Hradec Králové getting promoted to the first league and was banging them in for fun in the second tier before becoming more of a rotation player for a while.  He will have been acquired for cheap though, Teplice aren't a particularly moneyed club.

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, Menzel said:

Do Hearts have some sort of scouting system set up in the Czech Republic? Vaněček is a rather interesting signing - Teplice have been a rather middling team for years but he's had some half-decent form for the first part of the season. It's worth keeping in mind that he's been scoring goals against teams with some poor defensive records though - Dukla's backline in particular has been howling this campaign, and he's also got one against a Karviná team that are struggling (and escaped relegation last season by the skin of their teeth).  A few years ago now mind, but he was instrumental in Hradec Králové getting promoted to the first league and was banging them in for fun in the second tier before becoming more of a rotation player for a while.  He will have been acquired for cheap though, Teplice aren't a particularly moneyed club.

It would certainly seem we have the sort of insight that could only come from - say - having a club legend who still plays in the Czech league. 

Quite the riddle.

vladchin.png

Edited by JamieThomas

Won't be missed imho. A player who goes missing too often in games.

Will hopefully get plenty of rest between now and the summer if he's not moved on in the window.

if there’s a modern game of football happening Djoum is your man

If it’s an old fashioned Scottish football slugfest then he doesn’t really know what to do.

He’s basically the opposite of Neil MacFarlane

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

It would certainly seem we have the sort of insight that could only come from - say - having a club legend who still plays in the Czech league. 

Quite the riddle.

I'd be worried if your scouting system in central Europe is spearheaded by a player who is spending most of his time training and playing matches.

Edited by Menzel

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think we will miss Djoum when he goes, I am of the opinion our fans criminally underrate him. He's the only midfielder who tries to make something happen and tries passes that others won't.

Count me amongst the criminal-underaters. When was the last time he made an incisive pass ? He's scored a few goals recently - much to my surprise - but I find him easily the most frustrating player we have, because he's got ability but no heart or application. Never drives forward when space opens up, never shoots. He'll need to play like Christian Eriksen for the last 6 months of his contract for me to change my mind on him.

7 hours ago, Menzel said:

I'd be worried if your scouting system in central Europe is spearheaded by a player who is spending most of his time training and playing matches.

Tbh I wouldn't be worried if our scouting system in central Europe was spearheaded by my Hibs daft mate from school, it's not like there's a lot of point in wasting money in trying to win anything now anyway. bQshDtu.png