Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Probably true. There is a myth that Hibs players all went to Ireland to escape service but 10 actually served in WW1 and two were killed.  My old Jambo great uncle who was in ww1 used to actually believe that one about they all went to Ireland to ferment the rebellion or something. 

If only that had actually happened  Leo.jpg.38b40df06f3abbb3bdd0b86a7d5a77f4.jpg

Anyway, back in reality, I'm pretty sure some Hibs players/fans were caught up in the Gretna rail disaster that happened during the war? The club commemorated the 100 year anniversary of it a couple of seasons ago and it was the first I'd ever heard of it.

ETA: Found a link for the Hibs perspective on this, but it's mental how effective wartime censorship was, 200+ folk died and the general public barely knew how bad it was until the 1960s. http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/news/the-gretna-rail-disaster

Edited by HibsFan

6 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

I must have missed that time Neil Lennon was locked up for stirring up racial and sectarian hatred.QLFMjQU.png

Hearts have a habit of inviting ex-convicts to their ground and club, regardless of the crime. bQshDtu.png

Seeing as we give Hibs and the OF the Roseburn stand, a dugout and posh seats for their directors, I am well aware of this thank you very much.

Right-wing activist Tommy Robinson promises Hearts visit after masked group photo.....

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/right-wing-activist-tommy-robinson-promises-hearts-visit-after-masked-group-photo-1-4830448

FWIW.....27th Feb 2019 looks like the ideal fixture for him to attend :thumsup2

Edited by C4mmy31

8 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

I must have missed that time Neil Lennon was locked up for stirring up racial and sectarian hatred.QLFMjQU.png

Hearts have a habit of inviting ex-convicts to their ground and club, regardless of the crime. bQshDtu.png

"A Hero" (the one on the left) apparently

rix.jpeg.45e8f21759a98a7cfa196a89474bb9ca.jpeg

Right-wing activist Tommy Robinson promises Hearts visit after masked group photo.....

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/right-wing-activist-tommy-robinson-promises-hearts-visit-after-masked-group-photo-1-4830448
FWIW.....27th Feb 2019 looks like the ideal fixture for him to attend :thumsup2

f**k that. That's my birthday.
Don't want it ruined by mass civil war at Tynie.

26 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Google “Gordon Neely Hibs”. Done that ? Good. Read it.  Then you and Bawatchin can maybe get down off your moral high horse.

No requirement to google, and no moral high horse, Neely was a predator. Awful.

However I seem to have missed the bit where our owner called him "A Hero"?

Another beaut from you.................................

11 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Probably true. There is a myth that Hibs players all went to Ireland to escape service but 10 actually served in WW1 and two were killed.  My old Jambo great uncle who was in ww1 used to actually believe that one about they all went to Ireland to ferment the rebellion or something. 

To be fair, one of their fans did...

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

No requirement to google, and no moral high horse, Neely was a predator. Awful.

However I seem to have missed the bit where our owner called him "A Hero"?

Another beaut from you.................................

No, you're right there. Neely wasn't bummed up by the son of your owner....just quietly released with no word to the Police or his next employers.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

No, you're right there. Neely wasn't bummed up by the son of your owner....just quietly released with no word to the Police or his next employers.

clintonfacepalm.jpg.84a6d7e6dad3d1f66fea6283e099cd08.jpg

It was his dad that used the word hero.

Charlie-Sheen-Holder.jpg.6603321ab8cb2c93145ebd1eb18e2f12.jpg

PJ, I dont actually think you are a Hearts fan

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Berra back training today, 3 months ahead of schedule.  Now if we could just get Souttar, Nasmith and Uche back ahead of schedule it'd be great.  

The Uche- Naismith combo upfront is the big loss. Apart from our usual capitulations in Glasgow, the defence has been coping. ( so a real Jambo tells me )

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The Uche- Naismith combo upfront is the big loss. Apart from our usual capitulations in Glasgow, the defence has been coping. ( so a real Jambo tells me )

The defence has coped fine to a degree, but we've definitely missed having Berra as a organiser and leader in certain games, especially ones where the heads have gone down. 

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

The defence has coped fine to a degree, but we've definitely missed having Berra as a organiser and leader in certain games, especially ones where the heads have gone down. 

Yep, that game against Kilmarnock was the prime example of the influence that Berra  and Naismith have on the team. Even before Kilmarnock scored it looked like the heads were dropping as things weren't coming off as we'd  liked. 

If we're  within touching distance of Celtic come New Year then I still reckon we could have a go at keeping up with them and definitely have second in the bag. Berra coming back earlier is a bonus towards that.

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Considering they're a quickly thrown together stopgap solution to an injury crisis Dunne & Dikamona have been far better than we had any right to expect.

#Jambosoldier

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)