Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Know a couple of Wednesday fans who are fucking raging, but they have said we have a real prospect on our hands. Even in the mental 'if it moves, sign it' days under King Vlad, I can't remember having the quality AND depth we have now.

Fair do's we'll only be a stepping-stone (even the uglies are selling clubs these days) for the likes of Mitchell, Souttar, Clare, Dunn and the likes, but we are going to be recognised as a fantastic place to mould and develop players who will be going onto bigger things.

Will actually be a bit disappointed if we end the season worse than third. Plz bookmark.

Our line-up in January for the title run-in after the winter break:

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Dunne

Clare Haring Lee Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu Vanecek

That is ridic. skZap6W.png

Then we have: Doyle, Smith, Garuccio, Hughes, Dikamona, Bozanic, Djoum, Wighton, and MacLean as options. Plus the young team: Brandon, Godinho, Cochrane, McDonald, and Morrison.

Amankwaa and Mulraney are the only two players you would say look like being duds in our whole squad, yet they're on short-term deals anyway and will now struggle to make the bench. No fucking idea how we have managed to pull this turnaround off so quickly. yXAbrOQ.png

Difficult not to be nursing anything short of a quarter-chub at the prospects of our season tbqh.

But before I get carried away in ostentatious, excitement about the season ahead, it should be flagged that Aberdeen won their first 8 straight games in a row three seasons back and then folded away like a chair by none other than John Hughes, and then beaten to death it with by St Johnstone 5-1 on their on park.

To counter that though, what I will say is this is the most outrageously talented squad I've seen since 05-06. I don't think we even had these numbers  squad wise in 10-11 when JJ took us to 13 wins out of 15.

That Sean Clare signing feels like a surprise dessert latched onto a slap up meal at the Ship on the Shore, and it almost feels like 'too much good feels'  that we've latched that on top of the feel good factor of beating Motherwell, away, arguably below our best. It's the first time I've really looked at the squad and thought, "you know what, we don't need anyone else now", and that's still with a banging-them-in Vanecek to come in January.

Our next three games all being at home really help, but Livi have shown they are no mugs this season, Motherwell always find a way to be extremely hard to beat in the way of our potential first trip to Hampden in half a decade, and St. Johnstone finally look like a team who have successfully re-invented themselves. None of these game should be taken for granted, even if the Gorgie hubris is an infectious shortcoming to curb, but if we get through them all, oh ya fucker I'll struggle to keep myself from being swept up in the euphoria.

I certainly don't for a second think we'll win the title, even if Celtic look weak atm (I expect them to turn it around), Rangers aren't there yet, Aberdeen look like a season of transition and Hibs haven't clicked yet, but with our home form, and the shoots of our away looking harder to beat, we've got a real bloody shot at having a hell of a season.

Bloody hell I'm just fucking LOVING where we are and even if it dissipates, I'm happy to be enjoying the moment while I can after 2-3 years of indifference.

Good post. We're not shitebags like Aberdeen, though, we're big fucking physical Hertz. knpGu0b.png

The only thing I'd change about the squad would be one or two proper wingers in place of Amankwaa and Mulraney, but that's only because they're there in the first place. Otherwise, Mitchell and Morrison are already fantastic options out wide if we decide to play that way.

That lad you've just signed must have been taken to a game at Tynecastle when he was 5 years old or something!!

To describe hearts fans as passionate is the most bizarre and inaccurate thing I've heard. With one of the best grounds in the league it should be a great atmosphere, but for the past few years it's been an absolutely soulless place to visit. And average crowds (as in actual turn-up attendance) last year of about 13,000 if you're lucky.

Someone must have played a wind up on him here, showing old cup final videos of Hearts fans singing etc... fair play anyway, sounds like quite an exciting signing.

PauloPerth swinging absolutely wildly from out of nowhere. :lol:

He was at Fir Park on Saturday, I'm not surprised he thinks that. That's the most up for a game I can remember us being for a match like that in a long time. No surprise given the utter beigeness of the past two or three years.

Fair play for actually thinking anyone in their right mind would be as up for playing fucking St Johnstone at Tynecastle compared to the big games. Might be different this season as the title moves closer, right enough. quitegood.png

Edited by Elixir

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

That lad you've just signed must have been taken to a game at Tynecastle when he was 5 years old or something!!

To describe hearts fans as passionate is the most bizarre and inaccurate thing I've heard. With one of the best grounds in the league it should be a great atmosphere, but for the past few years it's been an absolutely soulless place to visit. And average crowds (as in actual turn-up attendance) last year of about 13,000 if you're lucky.

Someone must have played a wind up on him here, showing old cup final videos of Hearts fans singing etc... fair play anyway, sounds like quite an exciting signing.

Tynecastle is many things but soulless....I'm not saying it's bouncing or a bear pit for bottom 6 games but it's certainly not soulless