Heart of Midlothian 2014-

55 minutes ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Didn't help Hearts get above us last season.   By the time next summer comes he will be 33 and would be our highest paid player if he came, I can't buy that sorry.

Certainly makes sense if you were going to partner him with a 36 year old Kris Boyd.

26 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Kris Boyd the top goal scorer in the country Kris Boyd ? 

That's the fella!

Conventional thinking suggests that you'd be better with someone young and mobile, albeit inexperienced, to form a pairing where the strengths of one matched the weaknesses of the other.

On 02/07/2018 at 20:58, HaikuHibee said:

Strange signings though. You've now got one goalkeeper, a Czech journeyman.

Obviously Haiku Hibee had as worried that Craig Levein had forgotten to hire any more keepers but we can calm down a bit 

According to  the match report for our game against Arbroath

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/arbroath-1-2-hearts-craig-levein-plays-two-trialists-1-4763584

We started with an American trialist goalkeeper Kevin Silva while reserve Keeper Kelby Mason finished the game

To save you all the bother I've googled them

Kevin Silva.He's 20 and he's been playing College Soccer at UCLA and Rutgers

But don't wory

Those of you who don't like exotic foreigners from teams you've never heard of can relax

Kelby Mason  is a 19 year old product of Hearts Youth Development. He was reserve Keeper for Airdrie last year

We also had the Legend that is Ali Crawford on trial

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Kevin Silva.He's 20 and he's been playing College Soccer at UCLA and Rutgers

But don't wory

Those of you who don't like exotic foreigners from teams you've never heard of can relax

UCLA, aye? Was Napier's goalie snapped up? Pure diddy league stuff.

Edited by HaikuHibee

College sports is where most players come through in America as the MLS teams have only recently started their own academies.  Brad Friedel went to UCLA, so while it's unfair to draw comparisons, he's clearly brilliant and we should definitely sign him before we regret it.

Whilst no fan of pointless tit for tat exchanges on these matters*, it's worth pointing out that the lads from Leith signed Adam "fucking" Bogdan and should remember that before piling into a young trialist who - at the very least - doesn't look like a roid rage Hans Klopek. 

4U0m6pP.png

Spoiler

*this is a lie, I absolutely love pointless tit for tat exchanges on these matters

4 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Whilst no fan of pointless tit for tat exchanges on these matters*, it's worth pointing out that the lads from Leith signed Adam "fucking" Bogdan and should remember that before piling into a young trialist who - at the very least - doesn't look like a roid rage Hans Klopek. 

4U0m6pP.png

Reveal hidden contents

*this is a lie, I absolutely love pointless tit for tat exchanges on these matters

We just don't do rubbish goalies. Impotent strikers on the other hand......

31 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

And we all know why two of those players were chased.

Spanish waiter/lazy "black man"/fat lazy "black man" - or at least that's what I heard every week from section G, row 24, seat 25.

Spoiler

2mbvQ5A.png As if I've actually been to game since Mr Romanov left. :lol:

2 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

And we all know why two of those players were chased.

You're right.  Two of them had something in common. Juanma and Goncalves were lazy and permanently offside.

You do like to indulge in a bit stereotyping, you Hibbies. I'm not saying I've never heard cringey, racist things at Tynie. But I haven't heard any hero ex- players involved in such a racist sing-song ( in what? 2013 ?)

Edited by Pet Jeden