Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Forgive me if I'm missing something but was Naismith not uninspiring at best when he was here? I remember thinking that he was practically anonymous during the game at Dens and bar a derby goal and a hatchet job on Scott Brown nothing else is coming to mind for his time here. Certainly nothing to justify 5k a week or whatever you're paying to cover his wage.

Aye, that'll be why we're all so underwhelmed, mate.

Forgive me if I'm missing something but was Naismith not uninspiring at best when he was here? I remember thinking that he was practically anonymous during the game at Dens and bar a derby goal and a hatchet job on Scott Brown nothing else is coming to mind for his time here. Certainly nothing to justify 5k a week or whatever you're paying to cover his wage.

I understand your confusion

You were watching the evil Robot clones of the Hearts side that were responsible for our dreadful away form

The real human Naismith frequently looked jolly useful at Tynecastle

37 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

Strange signings though. You've now got one goalkeeper, a Czech journeyman.

Whoever we play in goals, they'll be just fine. We never have disaster-goalies (copyright Hibernian).  We'll be sound in defence.  We have about 19 central midfielders to chose from, so should be strong there.

Up top - let's see. But lack of pace and guile out wide an issue unless Amankwaa or Mulraney come good .

7 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

a) You're from Dundee so you're missing much of the last 40 years

b) We played him in midfield because we had Don Cowie who is 112, and Harry Cochrane who is 12.

Tell us more about Dundee that doesn't include the time you discovered shoes

44 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

b) We played him in midfield because we had Don Cowie who is 112, and Harry Cochrane who is 12.

images (10).jpeg

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Rude

53 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Is that a photo of Levein tackling Kidd - aka Bobby Ball ? If so, as every Hibby will tell you, it can't be that game.

Looks more like Colquhoun to me. 

1 hour ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Why would we want him back?

Naismith is a class above most players in the league. Would be crazy to not want him back. Great signing for Hearts. Arguably there only well known signing.

Just now, Cmac1869 said:

Naismith is a class above most players in the league. Would be crazy to not want him back. Great signing for Hearts. Arguably there only well known signing.

Didn't help Hearts get above us last season.   By the time next summer comes he will be 33 and would be our highest paid player if he came, I can't buy that sorry.

5 minutes ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Didn't help Hearts get above us last season.   By the time next summer comes he will be 33 and would be our highest paid player if he came, I can't buy that sorry.

He came to us in Jan having not kicked a ball since Aug and to play in front of a midfield consisting entirely of one 12 year old. He's a clever player with good movement, a nasty-streak and a decent finish. After a good pre-season I'm sure he'll do fine for us. If we finish behind Killie again this season, I'll be astonished - and we'll have a new manager.

11 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

He came to us in Jan having not kicked a ball since Aug and to play in front of a midfield consisting entirely of one 12 year old. He's a clever player with good movement, a nasty-streak and a decent finish. After a good pre-season I'm sure he'll do fine for us. If we finish behind Killie again this season, I'll be astonished - and we'll have a new manager.

It's nice to be positive, but with the signings you lot are making I'll be astonished if you finish behind only us.