Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Soz to be neg, but, if you're constantly going to fill your squad with vague punts, as Levein has, there's always a chance that some of them might turn out to be useless shiftless b*****ds who lack the ability to motivate themselves to get fit, even during an intense injury-free pre season regime. 

34 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Lads, is Krystian Nowak a total diddy or what? He is apparently training with us, and some rumours beginning to circulate that we are close to signing him.

Mr 6/10. Think your comparison with O'Connor is spot on.

36 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Soz to be neg, but, if you're constantly going to fill your squad with vague punts, as Levein has, there's always a chance that some of them might turn out to be useless shiftless b*****ds who lack the ability to motivate themselves to get fit, even during an intense injury-free pre season regime. 

While I'm not a big fan of our recruitment this summer, Vaněček seems like a reasonable signing to me on paper. Decent enough scoring rate last season and looks like he can hold the ball up as well as providing an aerial threat (which is something we don't really have up front).

On the other hand, signing jobbers from the Australian league or lesser teams in this country, a soon-to-be 36 year old journeyman striker or (for three years) a goalkeeper who doesn't seem to have held down a first team place for more than a few months doesn't seem like the best use of a squeezed wage budget.

16 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

It really is. Maybe a few will turn out to be decent hammer throwers but in all honesty I'd be seriously worried if this was Hibs chucking darts at a board and signing randoms from Football Manager.

Why Budge got Levein. Boy's got hardcore FM mods, much unlike Cathro.

27005d1263420861-activating-creating-low

football-manager-2018-american-lower-lea

12 hours ago, DC92 said:

While I'm not a big fan of our recruitment this summer, Vaněček seems like a reasonable signing to me on paper. Decent enough scoring rate last season and looks like he can hold the ball up as well as providing an aerial threat (which is something we don't really have up front).

On the other hand, signing jobbers from the Australian league or lesser teams in this country, a soon-to-be 36 year old journeyman striker or (for three years) a goalkeeper who doesn't seem to have held down a first team place for more than a few months doesn't seem like the best use of a squeezed wage budget.

So you know virtually nothing of any new signings and have probably seen 2 of them play but are happy to make a sweeping statement on there ability ???

4 hours ago, magoo said:

So you know virtually nothing of any new signings and have probably seen 2 of them play but are happy to make a sweeping statement on there ability ???

Just watch some youtube. You can also check wiki. Modern fitba lad.

Edited by HaikuHibee

9 hours ago, magoo said:

Well that just isn't true is it? Their career histories and references from fans are there for all to see. If they suggested that the players were likely to be good enough then I'd be more encouraged.

Of course, sometimes players can exceed those expectations, but unfortunately our recent track record of unearthing hidden gems doesn't suggest we're likely to find 7 or 8 in one window.

Edited by DC92

39 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Certainly looks like our inevitable cakewalk to the title has hit a rocky patch, Jessie.

Year 1 is way too early, this season is all about gelling as a team. Years 2 and 3 of all those shree year deals will truly see this team flying.........

27 minutes ago, sjc said:

Year 1 is way too early, this season is all about gelling as a team. Years 2 and 3 of all those shree year deals will truly see this team flying.........

Well obviously undefeated seasons for the next few years are a given, but this crushing blow has knocked my confidence sideways a little. 

4 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Well obviously undefeated seasons for the next few years are a given, but this crushing blow has knocked my confidence sideways a little. 

You just got to strap yourself in for that Craig Levein roller coaster ride my friend. It's like Alton Towers except much, much shitter.

3 hours ago, sjc said:

You just got to strap yourself in for that Craig Levein roller coaster ride my friend. It's like Alton Towers except much, much shitter.

On the plus side, you're unlikely to lose any limbs while watching a Levein side. 

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

On the plus side, you're unlikely to lose any limbs while watching a Levein side. 

Theres a chance some might starting gnawing at their own arms out of boredom, tbf. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres a chance some might starting gnawing at their own arms out of boredom, tbf. 

Coming from Perth i am sure you are quite familiar with that level of boredom. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

:lol: Do you watch St Johnstone?

Go on random, show them that goal you like, the one against Hearts, the one that proves we play mind numbing "Hearts like" agricultural fitba.