Heart of Midlothian 2014-

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Stats, eh ?

Call me old-fashioned, but I would rather our limited budget to be carefully spent on players that have actually been watched 2 or 3 times in person by Levein, Murray or one or two of the in-house coaching staff. Otherwise it's just like buying a "tip" at Musselburgh races - with the same hit or miss results.

As I say that's the closest thing I found to a "base" 

I couldn't actually find any source saying that he'd been signed unseen on stats alone.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen but we should at least consider the possibility that this is a tale that grew in the telling.

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

As I say that's the closest thing I found to a "base" 

I couldn't actually find any source saying that he'd been signed unseen on stats alone.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen but we should at least consider the possibility that this is a tale that grew in the telling.

The only thing I can think of that is worse than buying based on stats alone, would be buying unseen AND not on the stats ! e.g. just based on a tip from somebody that you once played with 30 years ago and a 5 minute youtube compilation of their best bits.

I'd be surprised if HMFC staff have been flying all round the world looking at players these last few years. 

59 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

1_OPNQUkeBXrlu1ChPPDTa5w.jpeg

Can't say I'm too convinced with Levein's signing "strategy" so far. But, on the plus side, how's the squad looking out at the East Lothian farm ?  Heard a rumour that not too much is happening while Lennon mulls over a job offer at the Celtic club shop.

26 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Can't say I'm too convinced with Levein's signing "strategy" so far. But, on the plus side, how's the squad looking out at the East Lothian farm ?  Heard a rumour that not too much is happening while Lennon mulls over a job offer at the Celtic club shop.

:lol: 

We are obviously waiting for the world cup to end to make sure any of the stars we are scouting dont get injured before it ends.

37 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

83F9007C-3244-4353-B974-67B26BAD1229.png.aa78fc0b875c34150d53d5d4ecb3b4e0.png

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

So Jon McLaughlin is off to Sunderland, that leaves Hearts with 1 goalie?  40 players and only 1 of them are a goalie lol

He was no longer at Hearts, you'd think with your obsession with our squad numbers you'd have realised that before now.  Plus we have two goalies, albeit one is young. Lol, though.

Edited by Tony Wonder

29 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Scottish manager making the classic mistake of filling his squad with players from the Scottish league. Probably. 

Think McLaughlin should be up to it, though - if not, then come home, John. :wub:

Normally it's a disaster but if he adds guys like McLaughlin and McGeouch they will easily be good enough for league one. Ozturk too.

46 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Tragic rather than endearing.

Acchh,  it would be a bit boring if we all just stuck to our own team's board. And he's got a point. The squad is so stuffed full of punts, I can see  the likes of MacDonald stalling.