Heart of Midlothian 2014-

6 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yes, but enough about tree house tam, what's your opinion on Ian Cathro?

Jamamas the grass' wee pal feeling a bit down? It's the weekend, go share a pint(preferably Tennents) or whatever you wee welts do nowadays.

Edit, preferably not in Dundee today though.

Edited by tree house tam

9 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I like old football photos and I found a nice picture for you lads on twitter. The team crossing Gorgie Road for a quick pint and a woodbine at half time. Or whatever they used to do back then.

IMG_20180622_231715.jpg.7f6431ff795fcfce8298c5f6a302b3b3.jpg

By The Tivoli / Murieston Lane. They’ve already jogged past the Tynie Arms by that point so unless heading up to Diggers or Ardmillan Hotel (if it existed) then maybe they were heading up to train at Harrison Park ?

Only recognise Alex Young ( front right )

18 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Is this some sort of  Moneyball' experiment that Levein is going for?

I'm struggling to see what the f**k else he thinks he's doing. Doing it for the bantz?  Good laugh and all that...

I'm almost certain this is it. They said they were starting to use stats to scout players last summer and Levein has made reference to e.g. Garuccio's crossing percentages.

I believe Grzelak was signed on the basis of having a high dribbling percentage, which says it all about Levein and Murray's ability to interpret stats in a remotely useful way.

47 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I'm almost certain this is it. They said they were starting to use stats to scout players last summer and Levein has made reference to e.g. Garuccio's crossing percentages.

I believe Grzelak was signed on the basis of having a high dribbling percentage, which says it all about Levein and Murray's ability to interpret stats in a remotely useful way.

Presumably got dribbling and drooling mixed up. Easily done, I suppose.

The jammy wearers have finally taken over Kickback completely. Most people seem delighted with the summer transfer window. Absolute madness.

Think I might wait to actually see how we play before passing judgement.

That’s sensible but where’s the fun in that

I’m going to be insanely optimistic about the ones with an even number of vowels in their surnames but write off the others as shit before I see them play

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

Please tell me that is just a baseless rumour.

49 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That’s sensible but where’s the fun in that

I’m going to be insanely optimistic about the ones with an even number of vowels in their surnames but write off the others as shit before I see them play

Players with A's in their name are unlikely to excel in my opinion.

On 23/06/2018 at 09:15, Pet Jeden said:

By The Tivoli / Murieston Lane. They’ve already jogged past the Tynie Arms by that point so unless heading up to Diggers or Ardmillan Hotel (if it existed) then maybe they were heading up to train at Harrison Park ?

Only recognise Alex Young ( front right )

Cant really see on this phone but I'm pretty sure that next to Alex Young is Dave Bowman's Dad, Andy. Over his right shoulder is Ian Crawford , scored 2 in the '56 final, and 2 to the left in the middle is Jimmy Murray, first Scotsman to ever score at a world cup. 

Crackin pic.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Cant really see on this phone but I'm pretty sure that next to Alex Young is Dave Bowman's Dad, Andy. Over his right shoulder is Ian Crawford , scored 2 in the '56 final, and 2 to the left in the middle is Jimmy Murray, first Scotsman to ever score at a world cup. 

Crackin pic.

Can recognise Bowman now - father/son so similar. Is that Willie Bauld second last ?

On 23/06/2018 at 13:53, Pet Jeden said:

Please tell me that is just a baseless rumour.

As far as I can see the closest thing to a "base" for this story is 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/four-things-hearts-fans-should-know-about-rafal-grzelak-1-4482668

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Stats, eh ?

Call me old-fashioned, but I would rather our limited budget to be carefully spent on players that have actually been watched 2 or 3 times in person by Levein, Murray or one or two of the in-house coaching staff. Otherwise it's just like buying a "tip" at Musselburgh races - with the same hit or miss results.