Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Will Walker ever play? He's been injured and has been involved in 2 out of our last 3 games.  Might even have got on on Sunday if we weren't forced into changes.

I wouldn't be massively surprised to see him go out on loan somewhere before Friday tbh.

I might actually get dragged back into going to a game for the first time this season now that we're starting to get our club back. Hopefully Budge follows Levein and MacPhee on the way out the door in the summer.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

I wouldn't be massively surprised to see him go out on loan somewhere before Friday tbh.

Neither would I, but he was going through our squad like we had dozens of players who aren't anywhere near playing.

Edited by Tony Wonder

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I might actually get dragged back into going to a game for the first time this season now that we're starting to get our club back. Hopefully Budge follows Levein and MacPhee on the way out the door in the summer.

Convenient timing.

5 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

The hearts wage bill must be absolutely bulging. 

If we manage to empty Berra as well as Whelan and the rest then it'll be healthier than it was before the transfer window.

Plus we'll have made a small profit on selling Mulraney and bringing in Boyce :lol: 

5 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

The hearts wage bill must be absolutely bulging. Assume you are still paying Levein or he took a big payoff? Berra on a wedge and not used. Will Walker ever play? He must be on a wedge.  Washington must be on a heap. Have Whelan and Maclean been paid off?  The squad is enormous 

I struggle to believe Aberdeen can be paying more in wages than that

3ng6yo.jpg

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Convenient timing.

I had a season ticket for about 15 years and went every week even when we were getting relegated. That was a more enjoyable experience than what Levein and Budge had turned us into in the past couple of years.

59 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I had a season ticket for about 15 years and went every week even when we were getting relegated. That was a more enjoyable experience than what Levein and Budge had turned us into in the past couple of years.

PM your address and I'll send you your prize in the post.

Top top supporting.

12 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Folk on jambos kickback saying that Berra has knocked back a move to Salford. 

Jeez.

Daily Express and Evening News are reporting it too, and it's apparently because he's reluctant to move down south again. It's no surprise to me, even if some folks here don't quite get it. Hell, Salford were probably only in for Berra because all the cheaper options turned them down too.

He's overpaid, got a family to support, and on the last big wage of his playing career and isn't worth what Hearts are paying him. A free transfer won't cut it, he's got a transfer value that's well into negative figures. Hearts will have to pay someone to get rid of the alberratross, despite the protestations of some folks earlier in this thread. Danny Stendel merely saying 'Chris, yir a fucken liability and you shud git yerself the absolute f**k away from the team' doesn't actually mean he's going.

Edited by Aim Here

12 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

PM your address and I'll send you your prize in the post.

Top top supporting.

Shame I'm a part-time supporter who's only in it for the big games now. 4U0m6pP.png

On 28/01/2020 at 13:14, lennyzer0 said:

Whelan's contract was simply cancelled - no payments made, and his wage will have offset some of the incomings.  Walker is on a standard SPL level salary. MacLean will not be on a huge wage.

No idea about the rest but yeah, imagine the likes of Washington are on a few grand a week.

Both of these guys will be on vastly more than any player at clubs outside of Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic.

40 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Both of these guys will be on vastly more than any player at clubs outside of Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic.

Hearts also have vastly more income than those clubs.

22 minutes ago, Darren said:

Hearts also have vastly more income than those clubs.

I don't disagree with that, was just the suggestion that Walker was on a "standard SPL salary" and that MacLean "will not be on a huge wage". Both are senior players at Hearts and will be amongst the best paid in the league outside of Rangers or Celtic.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Well I've no idea what other clubs pay, but Hearts, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and Hibs is a fair proportion of the SPL.

Plus Hearts have a bigger income than the clubs you didn't mention, which means that 'bulging' is very much a comparative term.

I doubt that’s literally true in McLean’s case

We were willing to pay him more as a 35 year old backup striker than St Johnstone were but that doesn’t even mean we’re paying him more than the highest earner at St Johnstone never mind the others.