Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Potentially, this could be a phenomenal signing for Hearts. I watched the youtube clips of him and he looks the real deal. He's only signed a 6 month deal which means if he's any good one of the ugly sisters will pick him up. I just wish Aberdeen would scout further afield then just league 1 and 2 of England. We really need to improve our scouting network.

21 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Potentially, this could be a phenomenal signing for Hearts. I watched the youtube clips of him and he looks the real deal. He's only signed a 6 month deal which means if he's any good one of the ugly sisters will pick him up. I just wish Aberdeen would scout further afield then just league 1 and 2 of England. We really need to improve our scouting network.

The Edinburgh Evening News are saying we can extend it if he impresses so I'm hoping it's our option.  I imagine the 6 months would be him being a bit wary of committing longer than the end of the season in case we go down.

3 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Aberdeen's signing policy has you sitting one point off third, whereas Hearts are five points adrift at the bottom. I wouldn't be too critical of it.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Aberdeen's signing policy has you sitting one point off third, whereas Hearts are five points adrift at the bottom. I wouldn't be too critical of it.

In all honesty, I believe Hearts have a good set of players and should really be challenging for 3rd or 4th however the injuries you have sustained over the past 2 years have been your downfall. Levein made (on paper) some good signings in Halkett, Naismith, Meshino, Walker, Washington etc but unfortunately for him and Hearts the large majority of them were hit with long term injuries. Aberdeen also suffered from an injury catalogue that effected last season big time and has also not helped this season either. 

The difference is you now have Stendel at your helm who will allow you to operate in a different market as opposed to just league 1 and 2 which you will already have knowledge of. Aberdeen have been too reliant (IMO) on focusing on Scottish and English based players. I'm hopeful the link up with Atlanta Utd will help in that regard however if Jon Gallagher (lots of energy but ultimately not good enough) is to go by I can't say I'm overly excited. And lets be real, most South American players of any quality will be snapped up by much bigger sides or we'll have great difficulty obtaining a work permit for them.

Hearts appear to have just made a fantastic signing in Donis Avdijaj and this could be the start of many more.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not really bothered about Hearts wanting more from us, but any idea who McPake is throwing shade at? 

Screenshot_20200121-230152_Chrome.jpg

Its a puzzler...

Spoiler

craig_levein_1545072c.jpg

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a puzzler...

Hide contents

craig_levein_1545072c.jpg

Is he still being allowed to deal with things like this? Thought he was just a glorified admin assistant since Stendel came in.

7 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Looks like the wee fucking dweeb is off to Arbroath. Chance of a fresh start and no-one flushing his heid down the pan.

They train in the park across from my house, and Dick Campbell abso-fucking-lutely murders his players when hes there.

Wighton will be in tears halfway through the first session.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They train in the park across from my house, and Dick Campbell abso-fucking-lutely murders his players when hes there.

Wighton will be in tears halfway through the first session.

He should be all right - apparently Wighton's brilliant in training.