Heart of Midlothian 2014-

21 hours ago, Hendo said:

That might be true, I think the issue here isn't the decisions that have been made but how they've been done. Sounds like it's quite a toxic environment there just now. If players then are not motivated, this can have a massive impact. Player for player, even if Hearts don't sign anyone, their squad should easily avoid relegation, but Stendels apparent lack of willingness to communicate and relate to his players should be worrying.

Perhaps, for a template of how to be a good man manager, you should look across the city or towards Paisley.

Biggest load of shite I'e read on here in a long time and that saying something

As an interested observer, I'd be quite keen for Stendel to be another Terry Butcher, or John Hughes at Raith, but I personally doubt it. 

The only move he has made thus far which seemed strange to me was the 'trust' comment, saying that Andy Kirk was the only one he could trust, ergo suggesting there is something untrustworthy about everyone else there. Even if that were a fair assessment (made very quickly indeed it has to be said) you don't say stuff like that in a press conference. It's unfair, unnecessary and, frankly, gives the media more fuel to chase Budge and anyone else at the club with; 'do you agree with your manager Daniel Stendel that the previous coaching staff were all untrustworthy and dishonest human beings?' is the question you know they are keen to ask. 

No need to add that to the bill.

That being said, i'm quite confident this was more likely to be a 'second-language' thing than anything else. 'He's the only one I feel I can work with going forward' is more likely his real meaning. I doubt he would claim to have known the others as men. 

Impossible to judge the guy the now, but I hope he has an absolute honker on Saturday. After that, who cares. Just look after Souttar and Naismith for the national team, please. And get Halkett playing well again, too. 

1 hour ago, Darren said:

That's yer Naismith club captain confirmation.

If he stays fit then it's the right call.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/naismith-named-club-captain

Head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of quality and leadership.  But you're right, he really needs to stay fit.  No point being a good influence for one in every four games.

26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looks like a cracking talent but a nutter.  A Pinilla for the 20's.

My body is ready for the really cool and normal hot takes quickly switching from "Gruppenführer Stendel executes Berra's family" to "Milquetoast Kraut loses control of players (and the Reichstag)"

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looks like a cracking talent but a nutter.  A Pinilla for the 20's.

We've seen how Levein's 'getting the right type in' policy has gone so I'm looking forward to the mad b*****ds era.