Heart of Midlothian 2014-

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I didn't realise Hearts fans had a problem with Gordon - what does it stem from? Just him signing for Celtic?

Some do some don't.  Obviously signing for Celtic was a big factor but most people understood it as he had been out of the game for a while and got a decent opportunity.   When he came back and played against us though a lot of people didn't like the way he acted.  Getting involved in a lot of gamesmanship and noising a lot of people up.  Probably just trying to show them that it didn't matter that they we're playing Heats and he was committed to Celtic.  To us it seemed like he was one of them now.

I'd imagine most(including me) would take him back in a heartbeat and all would be forgiven.

35 minutes ago, Eric said:

Some do some don't.  Obviously signing for Celtic was a big factor but most people understood it as he had been out of the game for a while and got a decent opportunity.   When he came back and played against us though a lot of people didn't like the way he acted.  Getting involved in a lot of gamesmanship and noising a lot of people up.  Probably just trying to show them that it didn't matter that they we're playing Heats and he was committed to Celtic.  To us it seemed like he was one of them now.

I'd imagine most(including me) would take him back in a heartbeat and all would be forgiven.

Pretty much, I'm just salty.  He went way over the top with celebrations etc when back at Tynecastle.  Not expecting him not to celebrate, but seemed like he was trying to make a point despite him getting a not bad reception initially.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Pretty much, I'm just salty.  He went way over the top with celebrations etc when back at Tynecastle.  Not expecting him not to celebrate, but seemed like he was trying to make a point despite him getting a not bad reception initially.

Yeah he kind of went the opposite way of players who don't celebrate against their old teams.  

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I didn't realise Hearts fans had a problem with Gordon - what does it stem from? Just him signing for Celtic?

Think he went a bit native and his celebrations were a bit OTT on more than one occasion. Wouldn’t be thrilled if he returned.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Yeah he kind of went the opposite way of players who don't celebrate against their old teams.  

Kris Boyd used to do that against us when he scored against us too, and folk used to give him pelters for it, but I don't think it was even remembered in the slightest when he came back.

As for Craig Gordon, I've always found him weirdly respectful of the Dundee support. Claps us every time he plays against us at the start of a game and at full time.

Shocked to hear he's done a bit of a Novo.

Gordon used to get called Shania when he was in the youth team because he looked like Shania Twain, he absolutely despised it and didn't take it as banter at all.  I will refer to him as that if he joins us as my way of acknowledging he's a bit of a dick.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The fact that he was linked with us  in the press -  just before Celtic "swooped" probably played a part. But his Celtic celebrations were not, for me,  in the Pressley chest-thumping category. And when they did their cringey ritual pre-match huddle, we could hardly expect him to stand back and say " Nah. you're alright guys - I'll just do some keepy-uppies instead".

We desperately need a real keeper. But, more desperately, we need to stop signing players with legs, knees and hamstrings held together with Sellotape.

Edited by Pet Jeden