Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 hours ago, paranoid android said:

For what it's worth, which is fuckall, I was telt we may be interested in this gadge: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valmir_Sulejmani

German third-tier striker. :rolleyes:

Not from any great source.

It would make sense as he came through the Hannover youth system when Stendel was U19 manager. Scored 6 in 8 this season, including a double in the cup against Eintracht Frankfurt, before getting injured (yes, I know). He's back in training now, though, and linked to a few German clubs, including Hannover.

The tweet below suggests he's not moving anywhere, though.

Was told the Berra rumour a while ago, but took it with a pinch of salt - the same guy said Naismith would be on his way too.
Bold moves by Stendel, but this has to happen if we want to get players in.
If we can move on Mulraney, Wighton, Keena, Wighton, Berra, Whelan, etc, it's progress - decisive stuff from Stendel. 

Is Wighton so bad you want to get rid of him twice?

Getting that kind of money for Mulroney is spectacular. Would imagine it would be used for paying off contracts and freeing up the wage bill. 
Hearts are like a football manager season gone wild where you just can’t resist signing people on name value. At what point does Naismith become just a waste of time with how little he plays for the salary he’s on? 

On 07/01/2020 at 12:05, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He's  played three seasons in the English Premiership and four in the English Championship and then come back and captained Hearts. 

If he carries on playing at a lower level then it won't be because he needs the money 

No definitely not but by his comments it didn't sound like he was ready to hang up his boots. 

On 07/01/2020 at 17:12, McGarci said:

I dont agree about how the club has made with berra, he feel the team, and I really think he can still  do a good job for the team.

his experience could be extremelly important in this situation

when the things go bad, can be worse

Obviously haven't been watching much of Hearts recently.  

On 07/01/2020 at 21:03, Aim Here said:

One of these three is pretty much inevitable. Which, in your opinion, is going to happen?

1. Some team is willing to pay the hefty going rate for a 33-year old SPFL Premiership captain, for someone who obviously can't cut it anymore
  2. Berra is willing to take a pay cut
  3. Hearts are going to somehow subsidize Berra's exit, one way or another, either paying him off or paying his new team somehow (loan deal where they pay a portion of his wages, or whatever)

The last looks a bit like 'paying him off' to me.

Option 2 is the most likely.  

On 08/01/2020 at 14:19, Hendo said:

If I was a Hearts fan I'd be very very worried. Managers who come in and alienate the senior players rarely do well. 

When Jack Ross changed our squad around three years ago, he let ten players go, brought ten in, changed the captain by installing one of the new players as captain, but his man management was such that nobody ran to the papers moaning, indeed he galvanized the club and got everyone pulling in the same direction.

Looks like Hearts went for the wrong man. Again.

Would any papers even care about a St Mirren player to interview them???

I can't imagine Jim White calling up Jim Goodwin(or whoever your captain was then) and asking him to come on talksport and give his views on why he was axed at St Mirren.

31 minutes ago, Eric said:

Option 2 is the most likely.  

The most likely option is that Christophe Berra would voluntarily forego the last big paycheque of his working life in order to, uh, oblige the boss who made him 'hurt and angry' by demoting him in a humiliating fashion? Interesting take on human nature.

5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The most likely option is that Christophe Berra would voluntarily forego the last big paycheque of his working life in order to, uh, oblige the boss who made him 'hurt and angry' by demoting him in a humiliating fashion? Interesting take on human nature.

Option 2 means he will get to play football.

54 minutes ago, Eric said:

Would any papers even care about a St Mirren player to interview them???

I can't imagine Jim White calling up Jim Goodwin(or whoever your captain was then) and asking him to come on talksport and give his views on why he was axed at St Mirren.

It was Andy Webster, who was in a similar position to Berra just now, club captain, impressive career but legs gone. 

We gave him a coaching position and he's still at the club.

It's important to treat people right.

36 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Yes!!  He's a Hearts man and while he might be disappointing in the way Stendel has treated him he won't hold that against the club and try to hinder them by sitting about and picking up a wage for nothing.   He is also well off from his time in England and won't be short of a bob or two.   If he wants to play football it will probably be the only option available to him.