Heart of Midlothian 2014-

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

'It was talked about in the summer as well – he’s a player I know very well but he’s a Hearts player so that’s where we are at with that one. I like good players and Craig is a good player but there is a process going on that we have been working on since the summer.  We’ll not talk about who those players are because there is a lot of them. Is Craig one of them? Maybe. But at the moment he is a Hearts player and there will be loads of interest in him I am sure.' - James McPake

Mon lads, tout him down South or something eh?

James McPake clueless and doing an awful job. There's a surprise.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, by all means get rid of them/take them out the first team, but I think there would be better ways to do it, like discussing with the player why you're doing it beforehand, than just dumping them without acknowledgement. 

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, there are ways of doing things. Berra in particular probably deserved better.

Berra has stated that he was told that he was surplus to requirements face to face by Stendel. Not sure what else people expect here? Take him out for a steak dinner beforehand? 

3 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Didn't take this board as being full of folk who lap up Daily Record pish tbh* :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

*May not be true

Considering the original source was the Irish Independent it's not surprising that Whelan gets to give a very one-sided portrayal of events...

It feels like I've been thrown under a bus

He says he was playing well, citing 5 out of 8 MOTM awards at Tynecastle.

Came to Hearts as McCarthy stated he'd need first team football at a decent level to keep his place in the Irish national team for their upcoming playoff matches. 

This is probably the kicker for the whole wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

Reading the article and trying to read between the lines it seems Stendel is the one been thrown under the bus.

"There are a lot of players at Hearts who have not been fit, I have tried my best with the quality that is around us and if that wasn’t good enough, it was certainly not my fault."

"When the new manager came in, the first person he spoke to was me. He was already having a bit of a go," he says.

"My reaction was, you have just walked in the door, you’ve not seen anything."

"In training, I think he did things to show the other players, especially the younger players, that he was the boss, he was nit-picking with things I was doing in training."

Whelan did start in the new manager’s first game, at home to St Johnstone.

"We conceded a late set-piece and lost the game 1-0, but I think I did OK. And then he dropped me for the next game, Celtic at home," he recalls.

"I wasn’t going around the place grumpy or banging down his door. I kept my head down and trained hard, I did all that was asked of me, I was professional.

"If you ask any Hearts fan who had seen our games, I’d like to think they’d say I was willing, trying.

"I played eight home games and got five man-of-the match awards.

"Results weren’t great and form had dipped, some of the lads their heads dropped, but I don’t think I played badly.

"We played Celtic at home, we were 2-0 down at half-time when he brought me on. After the game he had a pop at me. We were 2-0 down when I came on and we lost 2-0, how can that be my fault?" Whelan asked his boss.

Within days, Stendel had a pop at Whelan in the media. He said the experienced players such as Whelan "cannot handle the situation at the moment."

Asked if Whelan had leadership qualities, he said: "A real leader in the centre of the pitch? Sorry. Maybe I missed it." Ouch.

On Christmas Day, eve of their derby with Hibs, Whelan was hit with a real blow.

"At 9.10pm on Christmas night there was a message in the players' group chat, that they only wanted 18 players in the squad for the next day. And I wasn't in it, that was the first I knew," he says..

"So they played Hibs on St Stephen’s Day and I wasn't involved. I had the kids up there with me, I was more than happy to go and be part of the game.

"Things were being said about me, that I didn’t fancy it, I was laying down the tools. No way was that the case on my part.

"I don’t think he was watching the games if the manager felt like that.

"My form was good for the last few months but the manager came in and wanted to show his power, show the other players that he’s the boss, he’s the main man."

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Mulraney to Atlanta? Hope it doesn't get too cold out there. He won't like that.

Headphones will keep his ears warm.

I can't believe we look like getting a six-figure fee for him. Even Vlad in his halcyon days wouldn't pay for Mulraney.

Berra has stated that he was told that he was surplus to requirements face to face by Stendel. Not sure what else people expect here? Take him out for a steak dinner beforehand? 

Handling arrivals and departures is really a job for our currently nonexistent sporting director

Given the fury about Stendel’s handling of the current situation we should ensure that the next Sporting director is above criticism from the tabloids. And by that I mean White, Male, British preferably Scottish, ideally from greater Glasgow and has history with at least one of the old firm.

20 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Headphones will keep his ears warm.

I can't believe we look like getting a six-figure fee for him. Even Vlad in his halcyon days wouldn't pay for Mulraney.

He can just ask to be subbed off again like he did with us. 

"My form was good for the last few months."

Absolutely delusional stuff from Whelan.

Well he was hardly likely to say “I’ve had a shit few months, my legs are just about gone, and potential new employers should think twice before hiring me and I’m clearly not the right person for Ireland in the playoffs” was he

51 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

St. Stephens Day. He deserved to be emptied for calling it that alone.

Tbf, out of all the shit in the interview to pick on I wouldn't have that as one 😄

He's Irish, talking to an Irish paper.  Why wouldn't he call it that? 

Maybe mentioned, but Mulraney and Wighton the latest to be dumped into the reserves and told they can leave.

Edited by RandomGuy.

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe mentioned, but Mulraney and Wighton the latest to be dumped into the reserves and told they can leave.

That was done at the same time as Berra.

Mulraney is apparently close to going to Atlanta and it seems like Dundee will move for Wighton.