Heart of Midlothian 2014-

It's not just the issue with the senior players which may be a concern for you guys. Results, plus his decision to feck off for a few days before the derby, plus his almost instant decision that Daly and Fox were shit but he could put his faith in Andy Kirk, all of whom he had known for a couple of hours, are baffling, as is his apparent insistence of playing a certain way, even if he doesn't have the players for it.

I think you have the German Alan Stubbs.

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

It's not just the issue with the senior players which may be a concern for you guys. Results, plus his decision to feck off for a few days before the derby, plus his almost instant decision that Daly and Fox were shit but he could put his faith in Andy Kirk, all of whom he had known for a couple of hours, are baffling, as is his apparent insistence of playing a certain way, even if he doesn't have the players for it.

If he kept Daly and Fox on he's instantly labelled Levein's puppet.  I genuinely don't think people outside of Hearts actually realise how much of a shitshow Levein left behind.  Kirk wouldn't have been promoted if he'd been able to bring his own assistants right away.

The club is a mess, and he's doing things that fans have been asking for, for at least a year.  And if he didn't ask the players to play his style, how can he see who's fit for purpose beyond January?  

Will be astonished if this guy lasts until the end of the season, can see Hearts punting him in March and making a (second) panic appointment to save them from the drop, his interviews, general persona and early somewhat erratic decisions smack of a guy clearly out of his depth and, in general who really hasn't a clue what he is doing, not to say his judgement on Berra isn't correct, I remember saying after our win at Tynecastle just before Christmas the guy looked done but the whole thing has been handled symbolically, including by Berra himself by running crying to the papers.

A wee hunch I have but I could see Budge trying to tempt someone like Jim Jeffries for a six week rescue mission towards the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The St Mirren Alan Stubbs or the Hibs Alan Stubbs? Hearts might not be too upset with a glorious cup run from the Championship next year...

Lets not forget the Hibs Stubbs could not get out the Championship despite by far the 2nd biggest budget , Stubbs was the worse Saints manager since Tommy Craig which is quite an achievement 

Edited by DougJamie

27 minutes ago, Hendo said:

You're making an assumption that he hasn't put in any research or spoken to any mutal contacts before he took the job.

59 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Will be astonished if this guy lasts until the end of the season, can see Hearts punting him in March and making a (second) panic appointment to save them from the drop, his interviews, general persona and early somewhat erratic decisions smack of a guy clearly out of his depth and, in general who really hasn't a clue what he is doing, not to say his judgement on Berra isn't correct, I remember saying after our win at Tynecastle just before Christmas the guy looked done but the whole thing has been handled symbolically, including by Berra himself by running crying to the papers.

A wee hunch I have but I could see Budge trying to tempt someone like Jim Jeffries for a six week rescue mission towards the end of the season. 

:lol:

Hearts were probably right to move on high earners like Whelan and Berra but they seem like an absolute clown car outfit at the moment. I did mention months ago that I'd heard from someone at the club that the atmosphere was toxic and I'm guessing things haven't improved much.
That being said, if Stendel starts picking up wins then the fans won't care about who he pisses off.
Its OK moving people on but the club still need to pay the wages due in full

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Lets not forget the Hibs Stubbs could not get out the Championship despite by far the 2nd biggest budget , Stubbs was the worse Saints manager since Tommy Craig which is quite an achievement 

Fuckin let it go man................

27 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Didn't take this board as being full of folk who lap up Daily Record pish tbh* :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

*May not be true

Sorry - lost all track of the actual subject matter. Too busy mocking Mixu’s pompous English. There’s something happening with some Hearts players? Must pay more attention.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Thanks for your opinion, Hendo, but:

1) There really is nothing baffling about the results, given that our results have been terrible for a year now. Stendel has had 5 games, all of which were within 19 days of joining the club and even then, there has been some evidence of improvement from game 1 to game 5. We had some good spells of play against Celtic and created more chances than the opposition against Hamilton, Hibs and Aberdeen. Our downfall has been the same as it has been all season: a lack of quality in front of goal and a tendency for certain players to make calamitous individual errors at the back. The best performance came after the "senior players" had been dropped, by the way.

Much like nobody sensible wanted Steve Clarke sacked after his first 5 games as Scotland manager, not many Hearts fans blame Stendel for the results in his short spell so far.

2) Regarding his Christmas absence, there was a suggestion that he was visiting a terminally ill relative in Germany. I don't know if that's true, but I'm not sure why you would automatically assume there was some frivolous reason for it nonetheless.

3) Daly and Fox were Levein's assistants and Stendel wants his own assistants, as per his agreement to join the club. To achieve that, Daly and Fox have to move aside. Once Stendel has got his own staff, Kirk will very likely go back to being U20s manager. There is absolutely nothing baffling about this.

I agree that the situation with Whelan and Berra could have been handled better, and perhaps it will backfire. We don't know how the rest of the squad will react to this, but we had a similar episode in 2014 when Locke, Hamill, Stevenson and MacDonald were "brutally sacked" and some of them mouthed off in the press about it. The results that followed suggest this didn't have too much of a negative effect on the rest of the squad. If we get some new players in and win some games then this will be quickly forgotten about.

There also seems to be an assumption from some that Whelan was some respected, influential figure at the club. Given that he lives in England, trained part-time, ducked media duties, put in half-arsed performances, is big pals with Jon Daly (who apparently was not popular among the squad) and heavily implied in that interview that his teammates were shite, I'm not so sure.

8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Mulraney and Wighton training with the reserves as well.  I think it's pretty obvious Stendel doesn't want to work with a bloated squad that aren't in his plans.  Can't keep everyone happy.

'It was talked about in the summer as well – he’s a player I know very well but he’s a Hearts player so that’s where we are at with that one. I like good players and Craig is a good player but there is a process going on that we have been working on since the summer.  We’ll not talk about who those players are because there is a lot of them. Is Craig one of them? Maybe. But at the moment he is a Hearts player and there will be loads of interest in him I am sure.' - James McPake

Mon lads, tout him down South or something eh?