Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 minute ago, StraightOuttaEOS said:

You seriously don’t think a host of clubs in Scotland wouldn’t take Berra? He’d walk into half the SPL teams, kidding yourself on saying other wise.

Defo not Hibs or Aberdeen. Maybe a Livi or Hamilton. But as said, big drop in wages there for Berra. 

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

You might get Pet Jeden on your hook with this but what's that worth? 

Not sure what reaction is expected of me there. Any clues appreciated.

But fwiw, (strictly between you and me Falcor) I'm not convinced AberdeenHibee is from Aberdeen. Or a Hibee.

17 hours ago, JamboMikey said:

f**k him. He's been shite for about a year and been picking up a good wage. He can away to Edinburgh City and slice balls into old Marjorie's living room.

City are doing quite well thanks. If he's that done can he be persuaded to link up with Hartley at Cove, cheers!

Regardless of whether it's right or wrong, completely ostracising two experienced, respected, players and seemingly not discussing it with them, isnt shining your manager in a great light here.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Regardless of whether it's right or wrong, completely ostracising two experienced, respected, players and seemingly not discussing it with them, isnt shining your manager in a great light here.

They'd probably have a point too if they weren't so garbage, blamed everyone else without accepting their parts and didn't hide in not doing their media duties within the club (Whelan).

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I feel sorry for Berra - it would surely have been better to arrange a loan in january and then announce he was leaving - but Whelan can f**k right off. Absolutely garbage for months, obviously downed tools ages ago, had no influence on the team at all - and there's not many Hearts fans would disagree.

Oddly, he wouldnt talk to the media while at Tynecastle but rushes to speak to the press when hisweeholiday up North gets cut short.

Obviously just a bit red-faced because, like severalothers before him, he discovered he couldn't hack it at the pace the game is played in Scotland.

Still, delighted to see Stendel trimming all the dead wood - excactly what's needed so that we can climb back to the heady heights of genuine challengers to Hibs and Livingston for seventh place.

17 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

They'd probably have a point too if they weren't so garbage, blamed everyone else without accepting their parts and didn't hide in not doing their media duties within the club (Whelan).

Well yes, by all means get rid of them/take them out the first team, but I think there would be better ways to do it, like discussing with the player why you're doing it beforehand, than just dumping them without acknowledgement. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, by all means get rid of them/take them out the first team, but I think there would be better ways to do it, like discussing with the player why you're doing it beforehand, than just dumping them without acknowledgement. 

Yes, there are ways of doing things. Berra in particular probably deserved better.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It worked out just swell with Hamill, Stevenson and McDonald tbf.

Would you rather be shot in the head or drowned? Stendel was direct in telling them to get to f**k, he was transparent in telling them to get to f**k, and it wasn't like it should have come as a surprise that they should get to f**k. Berra is only still here because we can't pay him off, which is on Levein for extending his deal on the first place.

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

It worked out just swell with Hamill, Stevenson and McDonald tbf.

Would you rather be shot in the head or drowned? Stendel was direct in telling them to get to f**k, he was transparent in telling them to get to f**k, and it wasn't like it should have come as a surprise that they should get to f**k. Berra is only still here because we can't pay him off, which is on Levein for extending his deal on the first place.

You can still get rid of them quickly without excluding them from training, not talking to them, offering a contract termination via email etc.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You can still get rid of them quickly without excluding them from training, not talking to them, offering a contract termination via email etc.

So now a passive email is better than being told to your face? How do you know he already hasn't? He's been told he's free to find another club. He's still getting paid until they work something out. It's not like he's been tarred and feathered.

He doesn't match Stendel's type of football at all. He can't pass the ball, he can't run;  opposing teams would literally leave him when he had it because they knew he would kick it nowhere or into his own goals. If anything he would probably get in the way of his training, so I don't see there being anything wrong with being told to train with the reserves and keep himself ticking over until Kelty Hearts come calling when he could easily have been told to f**k off entirely.

Edited by the jambo-rocker
Spelling

I see Whelan has found his voice after 5 months.  Pah-rick.  He could've tried training in Edinburgh more than 2 days a week, maybe Hearts deserved better than that.  Obviously that was agreed with Levein but I believe Stendel asked him to move up here on a more permanent basis and he refused.   Also, why is his side of the story automatically believed? 

As for handling it better regarding Berra, he was told he was surplus to requirements, it's not the end of the world.  The reserves part does seem shite, but a genuine question, what benefit is there to having a visibly unhappy senior player in training when he's not even going to be involved?  As said before, Mulraney and Wighton have also been asked to train with them, we are clearly trying to work with a smaller squad of guys who'll be involved.