Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Taking Berra away and replacing him with Hendry is frankly fucking hilarious.

A year and a half ago, Berra was class, but now he's about finished - we replaced him with Dikamona, and there was improvement. 

I genuinely have no idea whether Hendry is any good or not. 

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Budge admitted being too loyal to Levein - Levein has been too loyal with too many people - this decisiveness is refreshing, and I like it - if it backfires, at Stendel's tried to shake things up - the stagnation was killing us anyway.

That we gave him a new contract last spring, after he already looked done, was mental.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

A year and a half ago, Berra was class, but now he's about finished - we replaced him with Dikamona, and there was improvement. 

I genuinely have no idea whether Hendry is any good or not. 

Tbh he is probably a decent enough player for this league but he doesn't seem to have that ruthless/competitive streak and has played very few games for his age. 

We could try and punt him on loan  to another team who are playing well and play under less of a crowd and pressure (ie: Motherwell) but he's too old to be nurtured so would rather he be put somewhere he is going to be tested properly mentally and physically. Hearts would probably be a decent option for that (for us) but I think he would cave personally.

Hendry used to like to go walkies, his positioning was a bit.. erratic. That wee cheeky smile and the wee curl in his hair whilst effortlessly strolling past players with grace and debonair tho :wub:
Oh-eh-oh, Jack Hendry's on Tinder, 
Oh-oh-oh, he's messaging yer sister, 
Oh-eh-oh, he's gonna get his end awaaaay. 
Sign him. 

I’d sign him just for that chant tbh.

7 hours ago, MENTALFATHER79 said:

Berra runs like he is carrying a fridge all season and still 18 months contract to run just wow.

What was your opinion on his contract length when you signed him? 

58 minutes ago, JamboMikey said:

f**k him. He's been shite for about a year and been picking up a good wage. He can away to Edinburgh City and slice balls into old Marjorie's living room.

Berra was always going to struggle toward the end of his career, but this type of comment belongs on twitter with the other brain donors.

Berra was never quick, so the fact he has slowed down isnt exactly a surprise, and the length of his contract is not his fault - Hearts signed up to it too.

This is a guy who loves your club and is being told by the new boss to train with the kids and find a new club - embarrassing for a guy like Berra.

Playing careers end, but in this case it could and should have been dealt with a bit more sensitively.

Whelan officially away.  Can't say I'm bothered, was clearly a decent player when he could be arsed but when we were right in the shite he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else and showed no leadership at all.  Sounded like a but of a fanny off the park as well.  Should free up a decent wage.

Regarding Berra, I'm gutted if this is the end at Hearts for him but football wise it's the right decision.  I still think from a defensive point of view he's alright and more in need of a rest than binned, but he clearly isn't going to fit into Stendel's style and keeping such an influential figure on the bench and unhappy is probably more dangerous than getting rid.

It's not the end of his career though, he'll get another year or two somewhere though he will likely have to drop down a level.  All the best to him, he's been a great servant for us. We wil definitely need another centre half in though, you would imagine we'll have someone in mind if we are making moves like this.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Are you expecting someone to buy him off you?
Paying him off, the alternative, wont exactly be a cheap one.

Berra or Whelan? Tbh, I doubt either will get f**k all. Just allowed to sign for another club freely. Puts them in a position they can negotiate better wages / signing on fee as the club doesn’t need to pay us a transfer fee. Whelan I’m more confident will get nothing as he’s more likely to want away and have potential suitors. Berra, I guess, is more likely to get a small payout if anything as he’s less likely to be keen on leaving.

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Berra or Whelan? Tbh, I doubt either will get f**k all. Just allowed to sign for another club freely. Puts them in a position they can negotiate better wages / signing on fee as the club doesn’t need to pay us a transfer fee. Whelan I’m more confident will get nothing as he’s more likely to want away and have potential suitors. Berra, I guess, is more likely to get a small payout if anything as he’s less likely to be keen on leaving.

Whelan will get nowt, he wants back down South and we are releasing him to do so.