Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

I wouldn't like to gamble on Lafferty repeating his goalscoring record from his last spell, but I'd take him if we're signing another striker as well.

More importantly, it seems as though Atlanta United are actually going to pay us a six figure sum for Mulraney and Wighton might be away to Dundee.

I don't think we need two with Uche, Washington and Naismith, especially as we need other players too.  I'd take Lafferty if his head was screwed on but he acted like a dick to force his move and came back winding fans and players up during a game, stuck in my throat a bit considering we pretty much saved his career.  If we only sign one I'd much prefer Boyce.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't think we need two with Uche, Washington and Naismith, especially as we need other players too.  I'd take Lafferty if his head was screwed on but he acted like a dick to force his move and came back winding fans and players up during a game, stuck in my throat a bit considering we pretty much saved his career.  If we only sign one I'd much prefer Boyce.

I agree with this, after a goalscorer, CB, CM, winger and goalkeeper are the next priorities.

That said, getting a goalscorer is so crucial, it might not be the worst idea to hedge our bets if there's room for two. We'd probably get away with our current defence (+ Souttar) as long as we can actually score goals.

Would take a gamble on Lafferty but, as said, would rather Boyce if it’s one or the other.
Mulraney I’d rather keep but if we’re getting cash money for him then take it! Wighton can return to Dundee and as a sign of goodwill we won’t even take Jack Hamilton back - don’t say we’re not good to you, Dundee!

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Shocked to read that Hearts fans are happy about a scumbag bigot, that downed tools as soon as an even bigger bigoted club came calling, returning. 

Shocked that you are interested in dragging every chat down to this level.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Would take a gamble on Lafferty but, as said, would rather Boyce if it’s one or the other.
Mulraney I’d rather keep but if we’re getting cash money for him then take it! Wighton can return to Dundee and as a sign of goodwill we won’t even take Jack Hamilton back - don’t say we’re not good to you, Dundee!

Lafferty would be an improvement on our current striking options, imo.

Wouldn't be heartbroken to see Mulraney and Wighton leave - massive bonus if we get cash for Jake.

Still no announcement on Whelan yet - that has to be in the post. 

Good to see Stendel making moves. 

Lafferty would be an improvement on our current striking options, imo.
Wouldn't be heartbroken to see Mulraney and Wighton leave - massive bonus if we get cash for Jake.
Still no announcement on Whelan yet - that has to be in the post. 
Good to see Stendel making moves. 

We’ve not seen a great deal of Washington, presume he’d play with Naismith (when fit) and Uche as a plan b. Strengthens us imo.
I assume we’re waiting on Whelan agreeing a deal with another club and it’ll be a “Whelan has joined x”.

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

More importantly, it seems as though Atlanta United are actually going to pay us a six figure sum for Mulraney.

Ann's shiny new stand being blown to smithereens à la an Iraqi compound by the Americans when they realise they've been sold a pup.image.png.cd3acccc56de08d9322a46fc857e373f.png.5fd6738324ce472e12984468a71be4ef.png

Edited by HibsFan

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Muzza's still hurting after 10-0 IMO. The only explanation for his very frequent and very angry postings about Heart of Midlothian FC.

12 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

We’ve not seen a great deal of Washington, presume he’d play with Naismith (when fit) and Uche as a plan b. Strengthens us imo.
I assume we’re waiting on Whelan agreeing a deal with another club and it’ll be a “Whelan has joined x”.

I like Washington, tbf. 

Apart from being from Northern Ireland is there any reason to think Lafferty actually is a bigot?

It seems a common trope and I can only assume that I’ve missed some gossip about him kicking a nun or something.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Linked with Jack Hendry. Hahahaha, no.

Ooft!

At least that signing would let you know nice and early that you'd be headed to the Championship.

Sadly, like the Lafferty stuff, it just stinks of agents knowing Hearts want players.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ooft!

At least that signing would let you know nice and early that you'd be headed to the Championship.

Sadly, like the Lafferty stuff, it just stinks of agents knowing Hearts want players.

We already have better centre halves than him.  Including Berra who's toiling.

We already have better centre halves than him.  Including Berra who's toiling.

Brendan Rogers paid Dundee over a million for him so there must be something there

But

Neil Lennon froze him out of the Celtic team completely

Which doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s a lost cause

But it does mean he probably hates Neil Lennon

Which should clearly be a point in his favour

Jack Hendry was a cracking CH for us in the Prem. Confident on the ball, willing to take it forward into midfield, a danger at set-pieces and very comfortable playing from the back.

This reputation he now has at Celtic is a misnomer, he was hung out to dry a bit. Expected to be Celtic's new hero at the back when he was a CH that had played less than 40 first team league games in his whole career. He clearly lost all confidence and has just flopped big style - He certainly wasn't ready for that kind of jump. He needed a whole season, perhaps two of regular first team football before that was on the cards career wise. That doesn't make him a terrible player - Get his confidence back up and you'll have a very good CH.

Edited by Ludo*1

Jack Hendry was a cracking CH for us in the Prem. Confident on the ball, willing to take it forward into midfield, a danger at set-pieces and very comfortable playing from the back.
This reputation he now has at Celtic is a misnomer, he was hung out to dry a bit. Expected to be Celtic's new hero at the back when he was a CH that had played less than 40 first team league games in his whole career. He clearly lost all confidence and has just flopped big style - He certainly wasn't ready for that kind of jump. He needed a whole season, perhaps two of regular first team football before that was on the cards career wise. That doesn't make him a terrible player - Get his confidence back up and you'll have a very good CH.
We can't be offering players the chance to rebuild their careers or confidence at this point.  We are in a relegation battle, and Halkett and Souttar are miles better than Hendry.
Both of these are true IMO. A potentially good CB with shattered confidence, but Hearts (at the moment) would be an awful place to try and build that up again.