Heart of Midlothian 2014-

5 hours ago, Seventeen23 said:

Hopefully the players can work a bit of magic on Sunday, no confidence in CL to motivate them. 2 strong centre midfielders (likely Damour and Whelan) and wee Meshino to start and we have a slim chance. On what min will Uche collect his regular booking? 

It's wee Beaton the *** this weekend, so by my maths you add on 10 minutes to the baseline 20 because "HERTZ UR OOR WEE BROTHERS, KNOW", but then take away 25 because Uche is black.

6 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

It's wee Beaton the *** this weekend, so by my maths you add on 10 minutes to the baseline 20 because "HERTZ UR OOR WEE BROTHERS, KNOW", but then take away 25 because Uche is black.

Beaton has never seen us as brothers.

Edited by MacDonald Jardine
Auto correct

I don't suppose Jambos want the opinion of a Celtic fan but my view is your manager is selling you short. The squad of players Hearts have should be producing more than they currently are. Levein is a dinosaur, football wise. My auld man is a Jambo and I remember chatting to him about Hearts tactics 20 years ago when Hearts had Mark De Vries. He was like, 'every away game is 4-5-1 with the De Vries up front on his ain'. Same tactics Levein has been using with Uche. Guy's a fucking clown. Can't wait for him to get sacked. It'll give me a laugh but it'll also be good for Hearts. Unless they find another Cathro.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Levein not originally take charge on a temporary basis to steady the ship after Cathro until you found a new manager and let Levein move back upstairs to do the job he was brought in to do?

Or have I totally misinterpreted something? 

Because, if so, it makes the Levein situation even more mond boggling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Levein not originally take charge on a temporary basis to steady the ship after Cathro until you found a new manager and let Levein move back upstairs to do the job he was brought in to do?

I could be wrong but I think he’s temporary for a short spell then after looking for a replacement it was decided he was the best man for the job. Sadly, that’s not the case any more.

On 21/09/2019 at 04:03, The Chief said:

I don't suppose Jambos want the opinion of a Celtic fan but my view is your manager is selling you short. The squad of players Hearts have should be producing more than they currently are. Levein is a dinosaur, football wise. My auld man is a Jambo and I remember chatting to him about Hearts tactics 20 years ago when Hearts had Mark De Vries. He was like, 'every away game is 4-5-1 with the De Vries up front on his ain'. Same tactics Levein has been using with Uche. Guy's a fucking clown. Can't wait for him to get sacked. It'll give me a laugh but it'll also be good for Hearts. Unless they find another Cathro.

If your old man supports Hearts, why did you choose Celtic?

On 24/09/2019 at 20:09, Jacky1990 said:

No Levein was never temporary manager, Jon Daly was.  Then he moved back to first team coach when we appointed Levein.

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

No Levein was never temporary manager, Jon Daly was.  Then he moved back to first team coach when we appointed Levein.

Ah, fair enough. Always had in my head he was meant to be temporary but just decided to give the job to himself.

A Hearts man that let his son drift towards Celtic? Surely a case for Social Services involvement there?

Yes, underachieving is the majority view at Tynecastle (despite this week’s very welcome mini revival)

I tell you what btw, whether you like Sean Clare or not, booing your own players on as a substitute in a game is the sign of a p***k.

Small steps Tony, small steps

Just be thankful the team didn’t get booed off for being 2-1 down at half time

That’s progress of a sort

According to Levein Clare's confidence is shot.

I've always thought there was a pler in there somewhere with him but it might just be that he's not good enough. I never notice him looking for the ball in space between the lines. He had some poor touches in the derby. 

Hounding individuals is rarely helpful though, particularly young players. 

12 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

According to Levein Clare's confidence is shot.

I've always thought there was a pler in there somewhere with him but it might just be that he's not good enough. I never notice him looking for the ball in space between the lines. He had some poor touches in the derby. 

Hounding individuals is rarely helpful though, particularly young players. 

I think that's what really annoys people about him

If he was just shit then people would still grumble about him but there'd be a stoic acceptance about the grumbling.

But because he' s so close to being a good player (but isn't) he's frustrating. Every so often we're teased by a little glimpse of a what appears to be class player but then he reverts to being ineffectual. Watching Michael Stewart as a player was similarly irritating although at least Michael Stewart picked up some spectacularly stupid bookings which was entertaining.