Heart of Midlothian 2014-

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What kind of midfielder is Jason Holt?

We're linked with him and I genuinely have a total blank when I try and remember him.

If you think of Ross Callachan as the perpetual 6/10 type player, then Holt is the 6.2/10

44 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I liked him - wee guy who makes passes - would be a great signing for Saints, imo. 

JJ.gif&key=7b7a4a11f45878f083f7e14667469

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

If you think of Ross Callachan as the perpetual 6/10 type player, then Holt is the 6.2/10

sob.png&key=fe6a2203130ba4604518f6ee4e96

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

sob.png&key=fe6a2203130ba4604518f6ee4e96

It's not really a knock on him, I quite liked him. But, always thought he was a "luxury" player. Not in terms of a Le Tissier who does absolutely **** all for 89 minutes then batters it in from 30 yards, more because he just does lots of little things at a slightly above average level without any of them in any way standing out.

Just now, JamieThomas said:

It's not really a knock on him, I quite liked him. But, always thought he was a "luxury" player. Not in terms of a Le Tissier who does absolutely **** all for 89 minutes then batters it in from 30 yards, more because he just does lots of little things at a slightly above average level without any of them in any way standing out.

I won't lie, a completely unfussy c**t in midfield who simply plods away recycling possession sounds perfect about now.

Our midfield options swing from Murray Davidson, who actively runs towards opposing players rather than the space, to Liam Craig, who can barely move, to Ross Callachan, whos main strength is how he charges about the park, despite the fact the majority of the running about is chasing his own touch, to two young lads who are unfairly being shoved into the shite.

I wouldn't even class Callachan as a 6/10 tbh, he was unreal once last season, and spent the rest of time looking like Paul Paton, if Paton could run.

What kind of midfielder is Jason Holt?
We're linked with him and I genuinely have a total blank when I try and remember him.

Had a cracking breakthrough season as a 20 year old in 2012-13

Injury meant he missed most of our 2013-14 relegation season which probably enhanced his reputation. It was tempting at the time to believe that Holt could have made the difference.

He was available for our championship season but by then his contemporaries had progressed past him and we now had Gomis and Buaben so he never really established himself and was loaned out to Sheffield United for the rest of that season.

He didn’t come up with us and instead stayed in the Championship with Rangers

So you should probably ask them for a more up to date reference

9 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

just does lots of little things at a slightly above average level without any of them in any way standing out.

This is quite possibly exactly how you'd describe St Johnstone. Word for word. 

Levein complaining in his press conference that managers are never given any time and that it's ridiculous there's so much pressure at the start of the season.  He's not that stupid to think the pressure on him comes purely from the league cup and Ross County game is he?  

It's not like this is his third season and we've had two 6th placed finishes with the majority of football being of the eye bleeding variety.  He'd be as well just saying fans should shut up and give us their money, at least he'd be being straight rather than pretending the stick he gets is a knee jerk reaction.

11 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Talk of Harry Cochrane heading to QoS on loan you think this could happen?

Quite possibly.  I would rather he stayed and played but he probably needs a run of 10-15 games to be sharp enough to perform and we are well stacked in there so it'll be hard for him to get that kind of run.  If he goes I hope it's only til January .

If he does go I hope it's a move like this, a move to anything below the championship would be a waste for everyone.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Talk of Harry Cochrane heading to QoS on loan you think this could happen?

Certainly shown he has ability. Great breakthrough season, used wisely. Then missed most the season through injuries. Needs games to get going again.

On 23/08/2019 at 16:31, JamieThomas said:

Hope so. Needs to get himself game time at this point, and should stand out mightily in the Championship.

Was at Queens game at Ayr .

I take it you rate him as a player is he a attacking midfield player seems a bit lightweight for the rough and tumble of the Championship .

Any chance of Zanatta or Kenna on loan as well .