Heart of Midlothian 2014-

On a scale of 16-90 he's quite low to be honest. And actually comes across as a half decent professional really.
I also saw some Hearts fan on twitter wanting Lafferty and Cummings. That is possibly a thicker strike force than Riordan and O’Connor.
Aye because Leigh Griffiths is a member of Mensa right enough.

New Glenn Whelan song to the tune of Dancing on the Ceiling:

man what in the world is happening with that ball

I don't have a clue

let's get Levein out

what is happening here

jambos are on the beer

Berra just smashed the lights

We're trying to have a party

but the tactics are shite

chorus

Oohhh what a feeling

when we're watching Glenn Whelan

Ooohhh what a feeling

when we're watching Glenn Whelan

EB8ytBDXUAACXXG?format=jpg&name=small

With our FIVE proud Irish soldiers to Celtic's measly one, coupled with Hibs' alarming embrace of the Brits this transfer window, is it fair to say that Heart of Midlothian are now the one true club of the Éireannaigh? Not for me to say*

Spoiler

*Yes, yes we are

6 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

With our FIVE proud Irish soldiers to Celtic's measly one, coupled with Hibs' alarming embrace of the Brits this transfer window, is it fair to say that Heart of Midlothian are now the one true club of the Éireannaigh? Not for me to say*

Harp of Midlothian, thank you.

We clearly now have the third strongest squad in the country when everyone is fit, and even a semi-competent manager would see us achieve that.

Unfortunately, Levein's prehistoric ways will still have us 5th/6th again come next May. Not even sure I'll go to a single match this season, unless we can fluke another cup run to a final.

EB8ytBDXUAACXXG?format=jpg%26name=small&key=8f32b114b080ec9f2d4b6df50fcde049e4c6933a1ec8aec1e6f0f7fb92ff8fae

Spoiler

*Yes, yes we are

Do the northerners Smith, Burns and Washington take our total number of Irishmen to 8? or do they cancel out 3 of that five.

30 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do the northerners Smith, Burns and Washington take our total number of Irishmen to 8? or do they cancel out 3 of that five.

That all depends if we're allowed to crack jokes about soup

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What is it with clubs in Scotland signing players that are finished?

If players are any good, you either get them on the way up or the way down. Celtic almost cornered the market in over the hill wage thieves at one point - Graveson, Keane(s), Ljunberg et al. I'm still mentally scarred by Brian McClair 2nd time round....

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What is it with clubs in Scotland signing players that are finished?

He's no finished, he's only .....

Played over 40 games for Villa last year, so will have no issues fitness wise. 

1 minute ago, Swello said:

If players are any good, you either get them on the way up or the way down. Celtic almost cornered the market in over the hill wage thieves at one point - Graveson, Keane(s), Ljunberg et al. I'm still mentally scarred by Brian McClair 2nd time round....

I just don't get it,did McCormack even get a game last season?
Naismith has done well and Bryson at Aberdeen hasn't started yet for me these type of players have experience but are injured more than they play.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I just don't get it,did McCormack even get a game last season?
Naismith has done well and Bryson at Aberdeen hasn't started yet for me these type of players have experience but are injured more than they play.

As has been pointed out, Whelan hasn't had any notable injuries in his career and played 38 games last season for Aston Villa.

He's a completely different character to McCormack, who is an unfit waster now.