Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Why would he be shot? He's not been injured and he's only 28.  He never played much last season,  which isn't ideal but he wasn't deemed good enough for the Premier League, that doesn't mean he's not good enough for our league.  He played plenty in the season they got promoted and the Cardiff fans all speak well of him.  It doesn't seem like a wild punt tbh.

Because 12 months of not being selected (no matter how good the team) can destroy confidence and sharpness. Once-good players can and do go backwards, permanently. I would prefer us to be paying what it takes to get whoever Levein thinks (and has seen) to be the best up-and-coming Damour type player that we can afford from the bottom half of the SPFL or Championship or the English Leagues 1/2. Just because there is no transfer fee doesn't make him free. Wages/agents/sign-on fees will surely be £600k+

For what's it's worth, Steven Naismith never played a single minute for Norwich for about 9 months before he signed on at Tynecastle. I'm sure the wee white Scottish guy never got this much abuse from Pet, though. I wonder why that is. 

sipping kylie jenner GIF

1 hour ago, Dele said:

For what's it's worth, Steven Naismith never played a single minute for Norwich for about 9 months before he signed on at Tynecastle. I'm sure the wee white Scottish guy never got this much abuse from Pet, though. I wonder why that is. 

sipping kylie jenner GIF

Prior to Norwich, Naismith had been playing for a decade at Killie, Rangers, Everton and Scotland. He had come back from serious injuries. Levein would have personally seen him play dozens of times. Not nearly as big a gamble.

7 hours ago, The Tackle said:

Is pant wetting the new go to setting for Hearts fans?

A growing number just feel that our manager has us punching below our weight. 

I’ll keep wearing my Tena pants. But, if you are entirely relaxed about the situation, you might want to ask your GP to review your Mogadon dosage.

Edited by Pet Jeden

52 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Not nearly as big a gamble.

8 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Because 12 months of not being selected (no matter how good the team) can destroy confidence and sharpness. Once-good players can and do go backwards, permanently. 

How was Naismith not as big a gamble? As you say yourself he had had big injuries and not played. Surely not playing is more likely to affect a player with a bad history as opposed to one who's never been badly injured? Also Damour has done a full pre season and played in the friendlies, I severely doubt he's lost all his ability at 28 after one season of not playing.

14 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Damour only has to be an improvement on the likes of Bozanic - even then, it's hard to dislike Bozanic, as he's a grafter.

If Damour is better than Haring, which is what some folk are saying, then we have a decent player.

Who has watched these players that we bring in from Australia or Slovakia or even Bristol City or Cardiff reserves? These signings just smack of punts to me. Based on what - youtube clips and recommendations from agents? 

Damour looked okay today. But that’s all. It’s early days, but I didn’t think thank fck we’ve given him a 4 year contract. Lets hope he gets match fit, settles in after his move, stays motivated. And gets coached well.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Who has watched these players that we bring in from Australia or Slovakia or even Bristol City or Cardiff reserves? These signings just smack of punts to me. Based on what - youtube clips and recommendations from agents? 

Damour looked okay today. But that’s all. It’s early days, but I didn’t think thank fck we’ve given him a 4 year contract. Lets hope he gets match fit, settles in after his move, stays motivated. And gets coached well.

Don't get me started on Levein's punts, Pete - mind you, the suggestion that Levein tried to sign Damour two years ago makes the signing a bit less of a punt in this case, which is unusual for a Levein signing,

Good to hear that Damour did ok today - couldn't make the game, but just watched brief highlights - lucky to get a point by the looks of it.  

More boos and pressure on Levein, which is a good thing as he's clearly lost his moo. 

22 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Damour only has to be an improvement on the likes of Bozanic - even then, it's hard to dislike Bozanic, as he's a grafter.

If Damour is better than Haring, which is what some folk are saying, then we have a decent player.

Highly rated on the Cardiff forums, his highlights reel (always to be trusted) looks impressive. He has played a decent amount of Championship football. I'm sure he has played against good players in the reserves last season. I certainly wouldn't say that this signing was a punt. 

59 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Women's team seems decent.

Full time: Hearts 24-0 Raith Rovers

Now to find a womens football forum to take the pish out of some Raith Rovers ladies fans.

This is what you've reduced me to Levein.