Heart of Midlothian 2014-

The team is absolutly other with naismith playing, I only hope he is fit.... four years later we will see. but I think was the only way for signing him (fighting with salaires offered in england and USA)

something like that make me feel really good....
-----------------zlamal-------------

smith---souttar---berra---white---

-------haring----------xx---------

walker--------naismith----washington

-----------------uche-----------

more halkett, brozanic, mulraney and the wee jambos.... Will levein make work the team?

The team is absolutly other with naismith playing, I only hope he is fit.... four years later we will see. but I think was the only way for signing him (fighting with salaires offered in england and USA)

something like that make me feel really good....
-----------------zlamal-------------
smith---souttar---berra---white---
-------haring----------xx---------
walker--------naismith----washington
-----------------uche-----------

more halkett, brozanic, mulraney and the wee jambos.... Will levein make work the team?

Hickey > White.
Clare > xx.
Glenn Whelan signing a 1 year deal apparently.  Getting on obviously but played 38 games for Villa last season so you think he'd be a good signing for a season.

Get that so far to f**k.

20 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Glenn Whelan signing a 1 year deal apparently.  Getting on obviously but played 38 games for Villa last season so you think he'd be a good signing for a season.

Also played his way back in to the Ireland squad too. He’s a bit of a pound stretcher Scott Brown but signing a guy who played a load of games for a team in who got promoted from the championship would be seen as something of a coup for most teams in Scotland. Would provide decent protection and mentoring for Cochrane too if he gets more game time.

Also played his way back in to the Ireland squad too. He’s a bit of a pound stretcher Scott Brown but signing a guy who played a load of games for a team in who got promoted from the championship would be seen as something of a coup for most teams in Scotland. Would provide decent protection and mentoring for Cochrane too if he gets more game time.
Scott Brown is a pound stretcher Scott Brown.

41 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Hickey > White.
Clare > xx.

Get that so far to f**k.

Why? Whelan would be a very good signing.  70 games in two seasons for Villa, about 300 PL appearances, 85 caps.  What level are you expecting us to shop at?

Why? Whelan would be a very good signing.  70 games in two seasons for Villa, about 300 PL appearances, 85 caps.  What level are you expecting us to shop at?

Same reason I wouldn’t have wanted Charlie Adam. Horrible footballer, dangerously slow.
I’d rather we signed Mulumbu.

18 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Same reason I wouldn’t have wanted Charlie Adam. Horrible footballer, dangerously slow.

Maybe that's what we need in the team. We looked pretty good in the second half of 17/18 with Adao in the team. Hatchet men ain't pretty, but seriously effective when they work out.

This is where I laugh at peoples stereotypes of Levein and his big physical team. I mean, apart from Uche and possibly Haring (athletically physical, not hatchet) who is of that mould? I'll not count centre halves as being big and physical is kinda part of the bargain.

18 hours ago, NJ2 said:

He doesn't have to be quick if he can read the game, which he can.  He's had a very good career despite having limitations, he'd be a great role model for the younger guys imo.  McCarthy was talking about being really impressed with his work ethic even at his age 

Maybe that's what we need in the team. We looked pretty good in the second half of 17/18 with Adao in the team. Hatchet men ain't pretty, but seriously effective when they work out.
This is where I laugh at peoples stereotypes of Levein and his big physical team. I mean, apart from Uche and possibly Haring (athletically physical, not hatchet) who is of that mould? I'll not count centre halves as being big and physical is kinda part of the bargain.

Adao wasn’t old and slow though. Could press the game, win it back in dangerous areas and protect the back 4 not getting caught wrong side of the ball, or get back in quickly when he was. I can’t see Whelan offering the same effectiveness, happy to be wrong though.
On the big physical side, we might have a few taller players and Uche hold off a small army but we’re not particularly physical. Only Naismith would I consider as having anything near a dirty side to his game - it’s difficult to be physical if you’re not happy to get involved with the dirtier side of the game. I’d love a couple of right horrible b*****ds in our team.

30 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Adao wasn’t old and slow though. Could press the game, win it back in dangerous areas and protect the back 4 not getting caught wrong side of the ball, or get back in quickly when he was. I can’t see Whelan offering the same effectiveness, happy to be wrong though.
On the big physical side, we might have a few taller players and Uche hold off a small army but we’re not particularly physical. Only Naismith would I consider as having anything near a dirty side to his game - it’s difficult to be physical if you’re not happy to get involved with the dirtier side of the game. I’d love a couple of right horrible b*****ds in our team.

Whelan played as many games last season in the league as our whole team did. I'd like to think we could get at least 1 good season out of him. Be another very good experienced head in the team too. Could be a role model for young Harry.

Whelan played as many games last season in the league as our whole team did. I'd like to think we could get at least 1 good season out of him. Be another very good experienced head in the team too. Could be a role model for young Harry.

Joey Barton played a lot of games for Burnley before bombing at Rangers...
Aye, no doubt vastly experienced and hopefully a good mentor for Harry and Andy Irving.

Whelan and Naisy can chat 90s nostalgia while getting the daily ralgex rub down.  Makes sense. 

You’ll post something funny yet mate. Keep plugging away and you’ll get there [emoji106]

Guest JTS98

I'm naively excited about the game tomorrow.

10pm kick-off for me, so I'll need to wish the day away all day to get there, but I can't wait.

See no real reason for the pessimism most of my mates seem to have.

Try to contain you enthusiasm people but  ...

Hearts in talks with former Aston Villa and Stoke midfielder Glenn Whelan

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-in-talks-with-former-aston-villa-and-stoke-midfielder-glenn-whelan-1-4976002

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)