Heart of Midlothian 2014-

25 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Did you hear the fans turning on Uche in the Dundee United game, btw? :lol:

Wasn’t there mate but I’d imagine so given he was murder that game. I’m not too worried about that though, confident he’ll get plenty goals this season and hopefully doesn't get injured along the way

9 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Wasn’t there mate but I’d imagine so given he was murder that game. I’m not too worried about that though, confident he’ll get plenty goals this season and hopefully doesn't get injured along the way

I just watched it on the telly - he gave the ball away two or three times within a few minutes, and the crowd were on his back -I've always thought he needs more players closer to him, but I also think he need to be coached to get his head up and link up - he's a handful for defenders on his day. 

4 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I just watched it on the telly - he gave the ball away two or three times within a few minutes, and the crowd were on his back -I've always thought he needs more players closer to him, but I also think he need to be coached to get his head up and link up - he's a handful for defenders on his day. 

Definitely, a partnership with Washington could be beneficial. I would of liked to of thought Vanecek and Ikpeazu would of been a good one but not much topic now :unsure:

Ultimately we want him to have sufficiently good understanding with his team mates that he doesn’t even need his head up but that kind of thing doesn’t happen overnight.

It’s still preseason so we have license to be optimistic which means I’m going to assume that Uche and Washington will forge a bromance that gives them a telepathic understanding of each other and they’ll go on to be a legendary strike partnership.

This was the result of the Evening News's poll on the 21st century XI:
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-21st-century-xi-the-best-line-up-as-chosen-by-readers-revealed-1-4967250
Niemi 
Paterson - Pressley - Berra - Fyssas
Flogel - Hartley - Cameron -Skacel 
Jankauskas - De Vries
Touch choice between Niemmi and Gordon - Pressley can f**k off - doubt we'll see players of the calibre of Fyssas, Skacel or Jankauskas in a Hearts jersey again.
Delighted to see Flogel named, as I liked him very much.
Harsh on big Neil McFarlane and, of course...Michael Smith. 

Shocking, no Michael Ngoo or David Obua?

On 20/07/2019 at 09:15, paranoid android said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-21st-century-xi-the-best-line-up-as-chosen-by-readers-revealed-1-4967250

Niemi 

Jankauskas - De Vries

Touch choice between Niemmi and Gordon - Pressley can f**k off - doubt we'll see players of the calibre of Fyssas, Skacel or Jankauskas in a Hearts jersey again.

Glad someone else picked up on the team's most glaring omission.

AGzZS0B.jpg

On 20/07/2019 at 17:11, paranoid android said:

Did you hear the fans turning on Uche in the Dundee United game, btw? :lol:

Fans need to realise what we have with Uche and relax.  On his day he's unplayable, but every so often he'll chuck in a performance where he looks like he's never played the game before.  Obviously we all hope that improves the more he plays, but if he was as good as he can be consistently he wouldn't be at Hearts.

He also hasn't done a full pre season so is clearly needing to get up to speed.  I'm confident he'll have a decent season.

On 20/07/2019 at 15:15, paranoid android said:

Niemi 

Jankauskas - De Vries

Okay, I’ll bite. Kofff.

Slightly less controversially (?), I thought Flogel was professional but just okay and Jankauskas rarely tried a leg.

Okay, I’ll bite. Kofff.
Slightly less controversially (?), I thought Flogel was professional but just okay and Jankauskas rarely tried a leg.

Flogel was good and absolute gent. Jankauskas clearly had ability but more often than not couldn’t be fucked. Pinigol is the right answer.

5 hours ago, Navallion said:

Have to say I've been impressed with the way the deadwood is being punted this summer. Of course we've still got the Waitrose Robbie Muirhead on the books, but maybe we could punt Dundee £50k and a young lad on loan to take him back.

Expect so. A little surprised though. Didn’t get a look in, finally got a look in now told he can leave. He had an impact but another one I’m not upset to see leaving. Rather see Cochrane getting more game time.

4 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay, I’ll bite. Kofff.

I thought Jankauskas was great in pretty much all of his first season but a lazy fucker the following year.

There's surely some kind of jail time for labelling Thomas Flogel as "okay".  The boy was probably the most technically abled player I've seen in a Hearts jersey.  Brilliant in about 5 positions with one of the best first touches I've ever seen.

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Fans need to realise what we have with Uche and relax.  On his day he's unplayable, but every so often he'll chuck in a performance where he looks like he's never played the game before.  Obviously we all hope that improves the more he plays, but if he was as good as he can be consistently he wouldn't be at Hearts.

He also hasn't done a full pre season so is clearly needing to get up to speed.  I'm confident he'll have a decent season.

He's a carthorse and just being on the pitch encourages us to hoof it. Sadly Levein needs his giant physical striker, it's all he's known since about 2001.

25 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There's surely some kind of jail time for labelling Thomas Flogel as "okay".  The boy was probably the most technically abled player I've seen in a Hearts jersey.  Brilliant in about 5 positions with one of the best first touches I've ever seen.

Great player. One of JJs best signings.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Guilty M'Lud. Just never saw it. Don't understand why some people revered him. I mean, he was never bad ..... just bland. He could play different positions? Meh. So could plenty of Hearts players. Can you remind me of a few of his best bits*? I can't actually remember any.

* Not an invitation for a knob joke.