Jambo Stu

Heart of Midlothian 2014-

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Did Burns play left back for Livi?

9 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I think Burns struggled at LB for Livi

Was LWB when he played, generally to be more attacking than defensive. Didn't necessarily struggle, just difficult to break into our team tbh. FWIW I think he looked half decent whenever I saw him.

Just now, LiviLion said:

Was LWB when he played, generally to be more attacking than defensive. Didn't necessarily struggle, just difficult to break into our team tbh. FWIW I think he looked half decent whenever I saw him.

Did Burns not get skinned for a couple of goals in his last game? 

I'd probably go with this for the next week or two until our next major injury:

Doyle

Godinho Souttar Berra Dikamona

Clare Haring Djoum

Naismith

Keena Uche

Garuccio is too hit or miss and seems out of favour. Probably had a falling out with Levein. Did Burns play left back for Livi? Big Dika has never let us down, so I'd stick him in at left back for now. Not sure when Brandon will be fit again.
genuine question here, and ive not seen much of hearts this season, but are you just shoe horning your 11 "best" players into a formation? i thought Clare played in that #10 role, djoum seemed to make a difference coming off the left wing and naismith is at his best being a dick and hastling the oppositions CB pairing?

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Did Burns not get skinned for a couple of goals in his last game? 

Yep, but I'd put that mainly down to him not being much of a defender and Aberdeen exploiting that and sending every attack down that side. I think if he's played as more of an attacker, with some defensive cover behind him, he'd do well enough (for someone in the bottom half anyway).

As much as I think Garuccio is very mediocre, it has to be him at left-back if we're using a back four.

7 hours ago, ah-dee said:

genuine question here, and ive not seen much of hearts this season, but are you just shoe horning your 11 "best" players into a formation? i thought Clare played in that #10 role, djoum seemed to make a difference coming off the left wing and naismith is at his best being a dick and hastling the oppositions CB pairing?

It's Levein who does the shoehorning, but Naisy has been used well 'behind the striker', and Djoum is always better more centrally. Clare has played on the right and more centrally.

Edited by Elixir

No danger I'd play Dikamona left back, Garuccio for me.  Played 3 on the bounce where we won and kept clean sheets then he's not even been on the bench since, bizarre.  he's not perfect but far better defensively than Mulraney.

I've genuinely never known a run of injuries like this btw, it's not just the odd niggle here and there, it's all 2 months minimum.  Every time we get someone back we lose someone else.  Who do you think will get injured when Haring comes back?

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

No danger I'd play Dikamona left back, Garuccio for me.  Played 3 on the bounce where we won and kept clean sheets then he's not even been on the bench since, bizarre.  he's not perfect but far better defensively than Mulraney.

I've genuinely never known a run of injuries like this btw, it's not just the odd niggle here and there, it's all 2 months minimum.  Every time we get someone back we lose someone else.  Who do you think will get injured when Haring comes back?

The devil is stroking his chin right now and mulling that over

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hopefully a couple of forwards then you can recall Mr Sammon back

Godinho Souttar Berra Garrucio.
Round pegs, round holes.
Can go with a back 3 of Dikamona, Souttar & Berra then have any combination of Godinho, Morrison, Mulraney, Garrucio, Burns as wing backs but I’d rather go with the back 4 mention and go from there.

Mulraney's issue is he can't defend.  He might get away with that if the other side of his play made him a potent threat from wing back, but it isn't.  

1 hour ago, wellinwigan said:

Hopefully a couple of forwards then you can recall Mr Sammon back

We were down to Haring and Morrison up front this season and still never called him back so thankfully it looks like that ship has sailed.

We were down to Haring and Morrison up front this season and still never called him back so thankfully it looks like that ship has sailed.

I think the ship sunk rather than sailed but it’s all the same outcome

We've apparently opened pre-contract talks with Craig Halkett according to a journalist for the Express.  Would be a very good addition.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

We've apparently opened pre-contract talks with Craig Halkett according to a journalist for the Express.  Would be a very good addition.

I can see Rangers signing him and not playing him.

Aye, would be very pleased if we signed him.
I can see Rangers signing him and not playing him.

Couldn’t blame him if he signed for them as he’d get more money but hopefully he doesn’t want to go back there having been released last time

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Good to hear this - goes against Levein's usual policy of taking punts on players from other leagues - this would be a sensible and decent signing if we can get him. 

Hi lads

My mate and I have been working on a podcast the last few weeks and have have 3 episodes now live. 

Our latest one includes an interview with Striker Lee Miller, he briefly talks about his time at Hearts if you want to give it a listen. 

I’ll post the link below, we are on iTunes and soundcloud just now, let me know what you think, or if you have time pop a wee review onto iTunes 

Thanks for listening. 

Andy

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947

Edited by andylivi1