Heart of Midlothian 2014-

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You can't be serious surely? Macca is the fucking boy but football wise he's part of the reason Saints find themselves where they are.

I'd heard about it last night and now a few folk on another forum saying it was on the back of today's Express so sadly I am serious.  Always thought he was decent, but he's clearly declining rapidly and is 36, Hearts seem to be doing everything possible to dampen any enthusiasm whatsoever from the fans.

32 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I like the idea of signing midfield players full stop, as ours is pretty rank, and I like the idea of signing players who know the league.

I've got the impression that Davidson can be great on his day, but that he's inconsistent and maybe a wee bit injury prone? Is he also not past his peak?

I wouldn't say he's inconsistent - he'll end up getting our player of the year because he's the only player who's played at an acceptable level all season and I can't remember too many blips in form over the last few years He picks up a lot of niggily injuries but he's only had one serious one in his time with us. He recovers remarkably quickly when he does get injured.

He's an all action combative midfielder who usually chips in with about 5 goals a season. Quite a few fans that I'd class as ITK are saying it's looking likely to happen (if he passes the medical) so you'll get yourselves an excellent player if you can pull it off.

Edited by Kyle

If Murray does go, he’ll go with our best wishes and not before time. He really shouldn’t have been at saints for so long as it is. However he’d be due a testimonial next season and we’ve stuck by him through everything, so in a way I’d be a bit surprised if he does move. Can’t begrudge him a larger wage and I think he stays in Edinburgh so maybe it’s a good move for him.

24 minutes ago, Widge said:

If Murray does go, he’ll go with our best wishes and not before time. He really shouldn’t have been at saints for so long as it is. However he’d be due a testimonial next season and we’ve stuck by him through everything, so in a way I’d be a bit surprised if he does move. Can’t begrudge him a larger wage and I think he stays in Edinburgh so maybe it’s a good move for him.

Davidson stays in Perth, literally two minutes from me. 

Davidson stays in Perth, literally two minutes from me. 

Does he? Fair enough. I always thought he was edinburgh based since he’s from here. Probably explains why he wants to leave tbh.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Does he? Fair enough. I always thought he was edinburgh based since he’s from here. Probably explains why he wants to leave tbh.

Yeah, lives next to seven acres, often see him walking to McDiarmid past my house. 

51 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd heard about it last night and now a few folk on another forum saying it was on the back of today's Express so sadly I am serious.  Always thought he was decent, but he's clearly declining rapidly and is 36, Hearts seem to be doing everything possible to dampen any enthusiasm whatsoever from the fans.

By the end of the month he'll be exactly twice as old as Euan Henderson. He's not much younger than Austin McPhee .

This rumour makes most sense if we assume that he's principally looking for a coaching apprenticeship while providing cover for the regular forwards.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Murray Davidson is a machine. If you have a ball player next to  him you win matches.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Davidson will pick up injuries because of the way he plays, he's a ball winner and flies into tackles. Not the greatest technically but vital to our team. He's not injury prone imo.

Joaquim Adão's goes back to Sion at the end of the season

And despite a stupendous display against Aberdeen Michael Smith might not be the future  when it comes to "combative" midfielders

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Ffs Widge any chance to put the boot in! Perth is glorious in this sunshine.

I will however be out in Edinburgh again on Saturday, Perth is shite for days/nights out  :lol:

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Joaquim Adão's goes back to Sion at the end of the season

And despite a stupendous display against Aberdeen Michael Smith might not be the future  when it comes to "combative" midfielders

Would like to think we can keep Adao.  Hearts and him are keen for him to stay, obviously it'll come down to money but even a loan extension would be good.

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Would like to think we can keep Adao.  Hearts and him are keen for him to stay, obviously it'll come down to money but even a loan extension would be good.

Birama Ndoye seemed to have taken Adao's place at the back of Sion's midfield but he then got injured so as a short term solution Sion have brought defensive midfielder and former Sion captain Xavier Kouassi back from New England till the end of the Swiss season but they do have an option to take him for next season

So if they keep Kouassi, and Ndoye returns to fitness, and Adao wants to stay in Edinburgh Sion will probably be cool with it

But pencilling in Davidson as a plan B is still probably a good idea

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

There's no way Hearts will take MacLean – though I'd be chuffed if they did as I expect he'll be offered an expensive new deal at Saints. And that's probably the real truth: his agent's fed an ambitious story to the papers to raise the bidding without realising only the Express would swallow it.

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

https://twitter.com/bbckennymac/status/984420063557115904

Poaching b*****ds. 

In truth, I wouldn't grudge either Maclean or Davidson a decent pay day at Hearts. They've been fantastic servants for us over the years, although I'm not sure Maclean will offer much on the pitch now.

I can't believe that. It's bizarre. Though, yes, absolutely deserves a pay-day.

Edited by Mr Heliums

Fair fucks to MacLean, a wage rise at 35 isn't bad. He's not scored in about six months and isn't that huge an influence on the pitch anymore, so it must surely be more of a coaching move. 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair fucks to MacLean, a wage rise at 35 isn't bad. He's not scored in about six months and isn't that huge an influence on the pitch anymore, so it must surely be more of a coaching move. 

Yeah, that would be one explanation. But has he been much involved with coaching at Perth? 

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

Yeah, that would be one explanation. But has he been much involved with coaching at Perth? 

Absolutely no idea 

I can see what Levein thinks is trying to do. When he signed for hearts, he had Sandy Jardine, Alec MacDonald and Willie Johnston to help him, wee Robbo, Bowman and Mackay. The game has changed so much in 30 year though, this signing just sounds so shite, why are we paying 1million on a new pitch to let old huddies run around for 45minutes a fortnight? No wonder a lot of fans are disallusioned if this new Hearts involves rebuilding a whole team every year. Most folk want players to be loyal and try to achieve something- but all we get are second rate mercenaries, stepping stone chat and has beens getting one last pay day before riding off into the sunset.

Still, at least I managed to get a lego bus so basically, f**k yez all. 8)