Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Did you guys spot the deliberate mistake in the Hearts statement on the post-split fixture list?

From the statement:

"The club cannot understate how much the first-team continues to appreciate the support they receive from the fans, as they bid to go undefeated since returning home in November."

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

understate, verb: Describe or represent (something) as being smaller or less good or important than it really is.

The club are saying it's impossible for the team to be less appreciative of your efforts. The team thinks you suck. Don't take my word for it, that's Ann Budge telling you!

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Did you guys spot the deliberate mistake in the Hearts statement on the post-split fixture list?

From the statement:

"The club cannot understate how much the first-team continues to appreciate the support they receive from the fans, as they bid to go undefeated since returning home in November."

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

understate, verb: Describe or represent (something) as being smaller or less good or important than it really is.

The club are saying it's impossible for the team to be less appreciative of your efforts. The team thinks you suck. Don't take my word for it, that's Ann Budge telling you!

It was deliberate, but it wasn't a mistake.

10 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It was deliberate, but it wasn't a mistake.

I think we might have to ease them in gently to this one. They're already being multi-scunnered by the fixture list - midweek Derby, losing out on home matches in preference to a lottery for seats at Ibrox, and a Friday night out in Aberdeen. Telling them the brutal truth that their team doesn't even like them on the same day might send a few over the edge...

Edited by Aim Here

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Only a Hertz thread could hit the intellectual heights of Derridan deconstruction.

Beautiful. 

More like it's only the Jambos who are pretentious enough to pass off 'knowing what the words they use actually mean' as postmodern French philosophy!

I'd heard a rumour yesterday that we were interested in Steven MacLean. I'm severely hoping it's someone pulling my leg as it's not exactly the type of signing that will get people rushing out to renew their season ticket.

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd heard a rumour yesterday that we were interested in Steven MacLean. I'm severely hoping it's someone pulling my leg as it's not exactly the type of signing that will get people rushing out to renew their season ticket.

Theres a Saints fan whos been in a few Saints online places saying you've offered Murray Davidson a contract. 

25 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Really? He's 36 in August and hasn't scored since December. I'm not even sure if he'll be able to play on the hybrid pitch you guys are installing!

22 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I think we had Steven MacLean on trial when Csaba was manager, but Vlad wouldn't sign him due to injury concerns - I like MacLean a lot as a player, but he's getting on a bit, is he not?

Murray Davidson? Not so much.

Davidson is a far better player than Maclean is now. Admittedly I'm not sure where he fits into the Hearts team, but if you get him at his best I think you'll grow to love him.

23 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Davidson is a far better player than Maclean is now. Admittedly I'm not sure where he fits into the Hearts team, but if you get him at his best I think you'll grow to love him.

I like the idea of signing midfield players full stop, as ours is pretty rank, and I like the idea of signing players who know the league.

I've got the impression that Davidson can be great on his day, but that he's inconsistent and maybe a wee bit injury prone? Is he also not past his peak?