Heart of Midlothian 2014-

When you look at our squad, it's definitely accurate to say that we need around ten decent new players in the summer - whether Levein is capable of getting that right is debatable -  a good way to start would be to avoid taking risks on pig-in-a-poke signings that may or may not click.
The noises Levein's been making lately are hints that he's been making a decent fist of it with dross that he was left by Neilson and Cathro - even those who still back him must realise that those self same players were signed on his watch as Director of Football.
Stating the obvious, I know, but...

According to Transfermarkt 8 players have their contracts/loans up at the end of the season

Hughes
Buaben
McLaughlin
Randall
Milinkovic

Adao
Mitchell
Naismith

I should imagine that they’re not all going to be gone by August but the idea of between 7 and 10 arrivals is hardly remarkable in this context

54 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

According to Transfermarkt 8 players have their contracts/loans up at the end of the season

Hughes
Buaben
McLaughlin
Randall
Milinkovic

Adao
Mitchell
Naismith

I should imagine that they’re not all going to be gone by August but the idea of between 7 and 10 arrivals is hardly remarkable in this context

Indeed - we might also be able to move on the likes of Liam Smith, Sammon, Todorov, and the great Ally Roy from the guys who are out om loan - Malaury Martin might be harder to shift given that, come the summer, he'll still have two sweet years left on his mostly likely lucrative contract. 

I'd like to see any of Adao, Mitchell, Naismith, and Milinkovic stay longer, but that might be unlikely .

Important that there's scope to bring in a number of new faces, but they have to be the right guys this time.

15 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Which is one of the reasons I’d rather we gave managers too much time than not enough

We certainly gave Cathro too much time.

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

This guy Keena we have from you is the business.

I didn't realise he was a hearts player - good finishes yesterday. I didn't realise Jamie Hamill played for Stranraer either and he was cut up for arse paper for your third goal.

Warnock

Indeed - we might also be able to move on the likes of Liam Smith, Sammon, Todorov, and the great Ally Roy from the guys who are out om loan - Malaury Martin might be harder to shift given that, come the summer, he'll still have two sweet years left on his mostly likely lucrative contract. 
I'd like to see any of Adao, Mitchell, Naismith, and Milinkovic stay longer, but that might be unlikely .
Important that there's scope to bring in a number of new faces, but they have to be the right guys this time.

I also had a look on transfermarkt to check what turnover at our contemporaries is like for comparison

Aberdeen appear to have had 47 arrivals in the last three seasons, about 8 per transfer window

And Aberdeen were doing well so not actually in need of an overhaul

I an age where players typically spend about 3 years at a club the corollary is that clubs have to replace about a third of the squad every season

29 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Marcus Godinho is officially a full Canada international, he just came on as a sub in our friendly against New Zealand

Must've missed it on news, when did the population Canada get whittled down to 12 people?

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Must've missed it on news, when did the population Canada get whittled down to 12 people?

Harsh, Godinho looks strong on the ball in this game, hasn't seem too much of the ball yet but so far decent looking

9 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Canada would absolutely fucking body Scotland, I'm no sure I'd be picking on them for giving wee Godinho a game.

warnock.png

Godinho did well in this game, he came on just before half time and was very solid defensively and strong on the ball although his passing wasn't amazing.  High winds and Canada being Canada meant that there weren't that many chances in the second half but we were much better than NZ so a 1-0 win for us was probably a fair result. 

11 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Early days for Godinho, but he's earned a wee run in the team - delighted to see him get cap for his country. 

Anybody playing Right Back immediately after Callum Paterson's departure was going to struggle to impress Hearts Supporters

But Godinho's been fine

Anybody playing Right Back immediately after Callum Paterson's departure was going to struggle to impress Hearts Supporters
But Godinho's been fine

I think we’ve done okay at right back post Paterson. Struna was okay I thought, nothing special. Liam Smith looks like a championship player but would want to see more of him before being set. Michael Smith has been decent. Godinho looks like he could be a fine player. There’s bound to be a couple of mercenaries I’m forgetting. If only we could say the same about left back!

On 26/03/2018 at 12:17, NJ2 said:

I think we’ve done okay at right back post Paterson. Struna was okay I thought, nothing special. Liam Smith looks like a championship player but would want to see more of him before being set. Michael Smith has been decent. Godinho looks like he could be a fine player. There’s bound to be a couple of mercenaries I’m forgetting. If only we could say the same about left back!

Generous remarks because we are devoid of ideas and horrific to watch. Levein out.