Heart of Midlothian 2014-

This isn't about saying we've got the xth biggest budget so we'll finish in xth position in the table. Of course having a bigger budget doesn't equate with success, but it does give you a better chance of success and, therefore, sets higher expectations. When HIbs and Aberdeen were finishing in the lower half of the SPL, their fans were, quite rightly, pissed off - they should be doing better. If Queen of the South had done the same it would have been seen as a success because they'd be outperforming teams with bigger resources. It's about how we should do, not how we will do.

We should be doing better than 4th, so I certainly wouldn't be snapping anyone's hand off for it.

I said I'd take a play-off place - I didn't say which one.

I'd obviously be happier with 1st place, but we can't always get what we want, can we?

You're usually a lot calmer than this - take it easy, man. 8)

I said I'd take a play-off place - I didn't say which one.

I'd obviously be happier with 1st place, but we can't always get what we want, can we?

You're usually a lot calmer than this - take it easy, man. 8)

"I'd bite anyone's hand off for a play-off place" means you'd bite their hand off for 4th place surely? I'm not sure what you mean with the last comment.

Hearts should be aiming to win the league and second place would still represent a decent season for them. However, 2nd place but losing to 3rd wouldn't.

Good chance that hibs will finish 3rd too. Mind you they'll probably lose to 4th :lol:

Edited by Morph2

Have they?

For all they moan about Petrie and their board, every new manager that comes in gets to buy players and I don't see any indications that they won't do it again this time, indeed after letting nearly the whole team go they obviously will spend money on new players that are Butchers choice.

For all they moan about Petrie and their board, every new manager that comes in gets to buy players and I don't see any indications that they won't do it again this time, indeed after letting nearly the whole team go they obviously will spend money on new players that are Butchers choice.

Tbf hibs managers never get to actually build a team with their players.

It seems to be that hibs manager comes in, gets lumped with old managers players. Eventually gets to bring in some of his own players then gets emptied. And repeat.

For all the times they ripped into us for our amount of managers, they've had some turnover in the manager department anaw

The difference is we need a couple of CM's, a Goalkeeper and a CB. Hibernian need an entire team. Going by the rumours and people we've reportedly spoken to our team could look like:

Gordon

Paterson McGregor Wilson McHattie

Holt Gomis Buaben

Walker Carrick Nicholson

A team close to that quality and I won't be worrying about making the play-offs and that's no disrespect to other teams. That's a midrange Prem team.

Given the style of football Hamilton played and their finish in this league, we won't be requiring the big bruising hammer throwers most fans seem to think we will. It's no harder or more physical than the SPFL Premiership.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Still don't think we should sign Gordon, unless it was like an alan combe type contract.

He's far too risky injury wise. I wish we had managed to keep MacDonald tbf.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we will sign him. Nor do I want McGregor at Hearts. Basically just threw a team together from the rumoured targets.

Whats your opinions of callum tapping hes rumoured to be coming to us ive seen him play when he was younger and wasn't surprised he ended up down south but he hasn't seemed to kick on from there ?

I've always felt he's been a passenger in games.

He's not physical enough to hold his own in the middle of the park, he hasn't got the touches like Holt to beat a player and he hasn't got the physical strength of say jamie hamill to hold off a player and pass the ball on.

I couldn't even tell you what type of midfielder he is, he just doesn't seem to do much at all.

Not to belittle the championship but he might actually be able to do alright for himself down there and refine his game.

He started of just as raw as any of the other players at the start of the season but didn't seem to progress at all. Whether that's down to not getting as much game time or he just isn't as good i'm not sure.

Despite him not being a stand out i've always liked him and wanted him to do well so hopefully he can turn it around this season, or do really shite if he goes to you :lol:

Whats your opinions of callum tapping hes rumoured to be coming to us ive seen him play when he was younger and wasn't surprised he ended up down south but he hasn't seemed to kick on from there ?

I'm a big fan of Tapping, and would like to have seen him kept on - would maybe benefit from improving the physical side of his game, but good player, imo.

Will be a good addition for Falkirk. Came into the Hearts side, bossed 3 games on the bounce and a Scotland u21 game inbetween and came away with three MotM's in 4 games IIRC.

He was inexplicably dropped for no reason whatsoever afterward and lost confidence. Barely got a chance after that.

IMO, he'll be a good player and if he does indeed join Falkirk will move on to bigger things soon after.

Good passer of the ball when he's confident, reads the game well and is the CM that will always find a space for a player to pass to him. Decent on the attack as well.

My only criticisms of him would be his strength and tackling.

Don't let Hearts' misuse of him fool you, we stuck him in the Colin Cameron RM role last season when he did get a game and struggled to make an impact.

"I'd bite anyone's hand off for a play-off place" means you'd bite their hand off for 4th place surely? I'm not sure what you mean with the last comment.

I posted "I'd happy bite anyone's hand off for a play-off play right now."

Right now - based on the fact that no-one really knows who we're going to sign, and how those signings will work out.

I've predicted that Rangers will win this league - that entails that a play-off place is the next best thing.

If we sign good enough players, and they work out, then we'll have a good chance of gaining promotion.

We aim for first, but we'll have to take the best we can manage, whatever that is.

Again, we played Raith and QOS last season, and they both gave a right good game - that's what I'm expecting every week this coming season.

edit: I wouldn't actually bite anyone's hand off - let's not take things quite so literally.

Edited by paranoid android

Will be a good addition for Falkirk. Came into the Hearts side, bossed 3 games on the bounce and a Scotland u21 game inbetween and came away with three MotM's in 4 games IIRC.

He was inexplicably dropped for no reason whatsoever afterward and lost confidence. Barely got a chance after that.

IMO, he'll be a good player and if he does indeed join Falkirk will move on to bigger things soon after.

Good passer of the ball when he's confident, reads the game well and is the CM that will always find a space for a player to pass to him. Decent on the attack as well.

My only criticisms of him would be his strength and tackling.

Don't let Hearts' misuse of him fool you, we stuck him in the Colin Cameron RM role last season when he did get a game and struggled to make an impact.

Maybe i'm being a glass half empty about him but just didn't see that at all from him.

From someone who had come from spurs set up aswell i was expecting much more. Hardly expecting us to get a gareth bale but thats 3 players we've had that i can remember of the top of my head we've had from down south who haven't really been anything we don't already have, or better.

I always thought it was bizarre bringing on Tapping when we were in the lead to see out the game, but bringing of someone like hamill or robinson.

Hopefully he comes good eventually, more game time in the championship will no doubt bring the best out in him.

Maybe i'm being a glass half empty about him but just didn't see that at all from him.

From someone who had come from spurs set up aswell i was expecting much more. Hardly expecting us to get a gareth bale but thats 3 players we've had that i can remember of the top of my head we've had from down south who haven't really been anything we don't already have, or better.

I always thought it was bizarre bringing on Tapping when we were in the lead to see out the game, but bringing of someone like hamill or robinson.

Hopefully he comes good eventually, more game time in the championship will no doubt bring the best out in him.

I always remember Tapping's performance against Aberdeen when McGhee headed a late winner - after going down to ten men, Tapping pretty much filled two positions, and bossed them both with an outstanding performance that day. There's a player in there, imo.

Locke hung him out to dry last season. The laddie was class when he broke through but was dropped for no reason then Locke took over and he never stood a chance. Lockes mate was there and that was that.

Locke hung him out to dry last season. The laddie was class when he broke through but was dropped for no reason then Locke took over and he never stood a chance. Lockes mate was there and that was that.

I never felt Tapping really had a chance to show his ability, his first game was in the league cup semi where he was Holt and Robinson in midfield, two players that allowed him to play his natural role of pushing forward and passing it off the other two. Then McGlynn panicked after the a couple results, thought Tapping had done well and kept him as a midfield partner to Hamill (please note to anyone who signs Hamill, dont play him in midfield.) He was expected to be a ball winner and defensive so it denied him what he is best at, which is the ball at his feet. Thus after praise from the fans, the fans then thought he was offering little. Locke kept it the same for the rest of the season then dropped him.

This season when Holt was originally dropped out as he had a problem of the ball flying over his head rather than played in the middle, Locke put Tapping in and expected a midfield three of Tapping, Robinson and Hamill to just grind it out in midfield and show no creativity.

I think he would suit Falkirk, I think they will use him better and allow him to make forward runs and move the ball around (think he would have been able to do that at Hearts now but can understand the clear out.)

Did anyone see the article on Pinilla in the Scotsman?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/ex-hearts-man-pinilla-has-world-cup-in-sights-1-3429379

Great bit about his shagging exploits, singing karaoke in the nude and Mr Romanov visiting him and getting up to some 'shenanigans' :lol:

Vlad and Pinigol double teaming chilean hookers. NAP.

ruiner.png

he was accused of breaking up the Posh and Becks of Chilean society.

He was basically our rebecca loos :lol:

Christ how have i gone and done this back colour thing :lol:

Edited by Morph2