Heart of Midlothian 2014-

What do you propose should have happened to Brechin? 
If you read the rest of my post I said I was in favour of no teams suffering relegation and 2 up from league 2, league 1 and the Championship so I have no wish for brechin to suffer.

3 of the 4 bottom placed teams are relegated and it's inconsistent for 1 of the 4 to be immune. That was the point I was trying to make. I have no burning desire to see Brechin relegated.

I'd have chucked Kelty and Brora up but then you could argue Bonnyrigg were hard done by as if they won their game in hand and beat kelty (at home I think) and they could have been top of the lowland league.

So many knock on effects I just think 2 up with no relegation was the best way.

I’m amazed that people are still questioning why Brechin weren’t relegated.
That's not how I intended my point to come across but reading back I understand that's how it may have read.

My point (that I made very clumsily) was supposed to be that it's inconsistent to have 3 relegated and 1 not. Some teams suffering far worse than others for the same feat - being bottom when the leagues were called.

I don't think ANYONE should be relegated.

If I was a Hearts, Thistle or Stranraer fan i'd be fuming.

8 minutes ago, Deadly said:

3 of the 4 bottom placed teams are relegated and it's inconsistent for 1 of the 4 to be immune. 

There are only 3 automatic relegation spots.

3 minutes ago, Deadly said:

That's not how I intended my point to come across but reading back I understand that's how it may have read.

My point (that I made very clumsily) was supposed to be that it's inconsistent to have 3 relegated and 1 not. Some teams suffering far worse than others for the same feat - being bottom when the leagues were called.

Brechin's circumstances are akin to the teams that were sitting 2nd bottom in the Premiership, Championship, & League One, not the teams sitting bottom of those leagues.

There are only 3 automatic relegation spots.
Yeah that's a very fair point and makes sense.

My point still remains that the other three have been very hard done by and I'd have liked my club (rovers) to have voted for a change that didn't relegate them.

9 minutes ago, Deadly said:

If you read the rest of my post I said I was in favour of no teams suffering relegation and 2 up from league 2, league 1 and the Championship so I have no wish for brechin to suffer.

3 of the 4 bottom placed teams are relegated and it's inconsistent for 1 of the 4 to be immune. That was the point I was trying to make. I have no burning desire to see Brechin relegated.

I'd have chucked Kelty and Brora up but then you could argue Bonnyrigg were hard done by as if they won their game in hand and beat kelty (at home I think) and they could have been top of the lowland league.

So many knock on effects I just think 2 up with no relegation was the best way.

Brechin were never in an automatic relegation place though so their bottom place is different to e.g. Partick Thistle. 

It's easier to look at Brechin and compare them to e.g. Queen of the South as their seasons were due to end the similarly. 

Brechin's circumstances are akin to the teams that were sitting 2nd bottom in the Premiership, Championship, & League One, not the teams sitting bottom of those leagues.
Agreed.

The brechin reference probably wasn't even necessary to make the points I was trying to make.

27 minutes ago, Deadly said:

Yeah that's a very fair point and makes sense.

My point still remains that the other three have been very hard done by and I'd have liked my club (rovers) to have voted for a change that didn't relegate them.

Our club voted like the majority of clubs,in self interest

Rovers voting for change would not have stopped Hearts from being relegated.In all probability if the season had been played out they,d still been relegated 😉

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Deadly said:

The whole things a shambles.

I'm a rovers fan and I'm really disappointed we didn't support a restructure that saw no team worse off in terms of league status. If Rovers were in Hearts position we would all be foaming at the mouth.

I may be wrong but was one of the options that Hearts backed not going to see them stay on the top league with a few league one clubs effectively relegated to the bottom league of 3?

There were absolute weapons like Neil McCann saying "but they're closer to the top league" to justify it. Yes Neil, but for teams like Forfar, Peterhead etc it's more likely they will be in more danger of relegation than back to back promotions to the top flight.

The only option (IMO) on the table should have been 2 up from each league and no relegation. I still find it astonishing that Brechin have been bullet proof in all of this.

* Edit to add... I don't mean Brechin should be relegated. I mean why do 3 of the 4 bottom placed teams suffer and 1 doesn't. I think there should have been no relegation*

I have to be honest though, despite me totally agreeing that Hearts and Thistle have been done over, I think Anne Budge has been an embarrassment throughout. Do hearts fans not look at her and think she's mismanaged the footballing side of the club so badly that she's got to take a look in the mirror?

That's a side issue though, and no fair minded person can think what's happening is fair and anyone who says that they would be ok with it if their team was in Hearts or Thistles shoes, their pants are well and truly on fire.

Rovers fans giving it "let's boycott Tyncastle" must surely realise that if Hearts reciprocated it would be us who are hit harder financially!?!

I still reckon the SPFL / SFA will manufacture reconstruction somehow.

That would be because they're not in a relegation spot. 

1 hour ago, Deadly said:

If you don't play any fitba', how can you relegate from the playoff spot?

How can you relegate from the playoff spot if you don't play any fitba'?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7v2ogiwwqfXYM-EjjxxG

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Fraid not

Sure something like “not the right time” was mentioned in his statement

I have my suspicions that comradeship with Falkirk wasn't high in his calculations.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Why was 14-10-10-10 against your interests?

Because Ann Budge only wanted reconstruction for a  very short period, basically to save her club and then she wanted it back to 12-10-10-10. This would result in 3 teams being relegated in one season from the Championship with 4th bottom going into the playoffs. Potentially 4 teams relegated in one season. Why would you vote for that.

9 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Because Ann Budge only wanted reconstruction for a  very short period, basically to save her club and then she wanted it back to 12-10-10-10. This would result in 3 teams being relegated in one season from the Championship with 4th bottom going into the playoffs. Potentially 4 teams relegated in one season. Why would you vote for that.

Good point. I hadn't thought about the effects down the leagues of going back to 12-10-10-10, although I thought she was talking about over 5 years, so it could have been staggered, or 14-10-10-10 continued with. No wonder the League 2 clubs were shitting themselves.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Good point. I hadn't thought about the effects down the leagues of going back to 12-10-10-10, although I thought she was talking about over 5 years, so it could have been staggered, or 14-10-10-10 continued with. No wonder the League 2 clubs were shitting themselves.

League one would have been hit even harder. With 3 coming down and 1 up you would have to relegate 5 clubs if my maths is good with the potential of a 6th through playoffs.