Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Holy f**k balls

I cannot believe that there are still morons out there that think that the leagues could've been finished or that the season could've been called null and void.

How thick do you have to be to think like this? Every single day must feel like a thousand when you are that dumb.

Says you. Opinions are objective that is why you have a forum. 
Subjective. The word you are looking for is "subjective". Not "objective".

As in, it's my opinion you're a deluded fool. This was never about integrity and always about self interest. For every club involved.

No they wouldnt have taken money.
The biggest issue with playing this season was the government's decision to ban training. Full contact training wasnt allowed until Monday last week.
The 20/21 has to end on a certain date for the Euros, whether you agree with that or not, that's just a fact that cannot be changed. The games have to be televised at the end as part of the TV deal. Again, you might not agree with that, but it's a fact. Not playing the play offs this listen has caused refunds to go to TV companies, theres no point repeating that two seasons in a row for no reason.
If you accept that 20/21 top flight season must be complete and played to a finish, then you accept it must start on August 1st, as otherwise it wont fit in.
If you accept that, then you accept the 19/20 season must be finished in July. As government guidelines didnt allow it earlier, and next season didnt allow it later. If you include play offs, that one top flight side having to play 10 games in under 27 days.
The clubs made a decision to take a small hit from the 19/20 TV deal, to maintain the far superior 20/21 deal.
It makes sense, and if Hearts were 11th when the league stopped youd be arguing the exact same point. Nobody voted to relegate Hearts, they voted for what's best for themselves, so stop taking everything to personally.

So we start training this week and have the first game today, play Wed & Sat and that’s 8 games in July.
I think we could have paused and resumed without too much disruption, you don’t. Let’s neither of us waste any more time banging our heads against each other on this, please.
You are right though, if Hearts had finished 11th I wouldn’t be arsed either way tbh but I would still think that we could have paused and resumed.

20 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

So we start training this week and have the first game today, play Wed & Sat and that’s 8 games in July.
I think we could have paused and resumed without too much disruption

One week training and then straight into a full game..you really believe that was a plausible way to play the rest of the season...1 weeks training after 3 months out...keeping taking the meds maybe they will start working soon. 🙄

Edited by Well Well

3 hours ago, Kernow Hearts said:

Also as an aside, there will be no Hearts fans at Starks Park next season. We won't we coming anywhere near your small time club. 

You really think there will be no Hearts Away support? 😳

Even if you’re right, that’s fine. It would reduce match day income for the home clubs, yes, but it would also enhance the home advantage to some degree for whoever you’re playing. In a tight 27 game league a few  points dropped because of that might make all the difference to how long your stay with all of us other diddies is.

1 hour ago, Kernow Hearts said:

Thank you for the endorsement. For most Hearts fans looking from the outside in there appears to be a few confusing decisions made. I am sure were your club in the same position you would be unhappy also. Apologies for appearing paranoid on the surface is is the way I see it. I may of course be proved wrong in the long run. 

Just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean nearly 40 clubs aren’t out to get you.     MWAAHAAHAAHAA........

One week training and then straight into a full game..you really believe that was a plausible way to play the rest of the season...1 weeks training after 3 months out...keeping taking the meds maybe they will start working soon. [emoji849]

Sorry for expecting professional footballers to have kept a good level fitness without playing or training with their team mates for 3 months. How ludicrous to expect a professional athlete to exercise on their own during a 3 month period.
Fortunately I don’t take any prescribed medication so I can laugh off this “joke”, wouldn’t be a great look if I did though. Think before you say stuff mate okay?

So you don’t think there’s any difference between a group of guys being “fit” and being “ match fit” ? All those years where teams have been playing all those  pre-season friendlies and closed-door matches to work on sharpening up their teamwork and understanding, all wasted.......  If only they had known, eh? 

36 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

And what about the play offs? Or, since that doesnt affect Hearts, have you decided that it doesnt matter?

So you don’t think there’s any difference between a group of guys being “fit” and being “ match fit” ? All those years where teams have been playing all those  pre-season friendlies and closed-door matches to work on sharpening up their teamwork and understanding, all wasted.......  If only they had known, eh? 

You’ll need to show me where I said that tbf.
Of course there’s a difference between fitness and match sharpness. It’s almost like this 3 month lay off wasn’t planned at all?! It obviously wouldn’t be ideal, that doesn’t make it impossible.

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Sorry for expecting professional footballers to have kept a good level fitness without playing or training with their team mates for 3 months. How ludicrous to expect a professional athlete to exercise on their own during a 3 month period.

😆😆 completely and utterly mad