Heart of Midlothian 2014-

48 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I presume you mean "restarted". You can't declare it null and void and then restart it.

Sorry. Yes what I meant was null and void 19/20 then start season 20/21 from fresh. Reconstruction was on the table but unfortunately clubs voted in self interest and rejected it. 

1 hour ago, Kernow Hearts said:

Yes but could have been declared null and void. It didn't have to be declared. The money could have paid out to the clubs and then if they wanted to they could have voted for reconstruction. What the SPFL and the member clubs are trying to do is put Hearts and Partick out of business by limiting their trading. This is just as much a business issue as a footballing one. 

Null and void would have been irreversible. As said earlier, the points money would not have been paid. We may not have had places in next season's European competitions. And it would have meant those who were top of their leagues on merit would have been denied promotion and league titles.. 

The decisions made were pragmatic and made for many reasons in an attempt to get the fairest possible solution to an impossible situation. The playoffs were cancelled, denying three clubs in each senior lower league the chance of promotion.  Hearts and Partick are not the only clubs losing out here, but there was no perfect solution. 

The nonsense being spouted about this all being geared towards awarding Celtic the title and trying to put Hearts and Partick out of business is exactly that - nonsense, pure and simple. If it had been Hamilton or St Mirren in your position you  wouldn't be remotely bothered. The vote against reconstruction, and Dundee's part in it, has already been independently investigated and no wrongdoing found. 

If you must keep posting about this then please stick to the truth and the facts. All this bluster and exaggeration isn't helping and has long since become tedious. 

Sorry. Yes what I meant was null and void 19/20 then start season 20/21 from fresh. Reconstruction was on the table but unfortunately clubs voted in self interest and rejected it. 

Just like what your club is doing. Self preservation for Hearts, the hypocrisy is palpable.

37 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

The SPFL could have awarded monies based on “final” positions then worry about any under/over payments once the resumes season had finished. 

We couldnt "resume" the 19/20 season at all. Why do Hearts fans have such a struggle understanding this?

You cant give clubs more money than others based a on a season that technically didnt exist, so null and void would mean every club gets an even split of money (by division).

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you choose to null and void, then you cannot hand out prize money based on final position, and UEFA made it clear you couldnt put clubs into Europe.

Youd then have contractual issues. Sponsors suggested theyd ask for the 19/20 deal to be carried into 20/21 rather than the increased deal they had agreed upon. Sky told the EPL that null and void would see them do them same, which would be a massive blow for Scottish football if they done similar up here. Players would be denied bonuses theyd earned, leading to breach of contract arguments and more than likely legal between players and clubs. 

You'll no doubt argue that would all be worth it to save Hearts, but you've to remember how biased you are. The other 39 clubs voted in the exact same way Hearts did, for whatever is in their best interests.

The SPFL have already admitted that there was money available in the form of loans which clubs could have accessed. Instead they tied the voting to the paying out of money running a sham vote at the same time. If the SPFL couldn't afford to null and void then they should have paused and then restarted to a finish. If they are prepared to pause and restart the Scottish Cup why is the League any different, or is this just another attempt to secure the Celtic treble?

2 minutes ago, Kernow Hearts said:

The SPFL have already admitted that there was money available in the form of loans which clubs could have accessed. Instead they tied the voting to the paying out of money running a sham vote at the same time. If the SPFL couldn't afford to null and void then they should have paused and then restarted to a finish. If they are prepared to pause and restart the Scottish Cup why is the League any different, or is this just another attempt to secure the Celtic treble?

3 games will finish the Scottish Cup on two match days.

8 rounds of league games is a bit harder to fit in before the 3rd of August, imho.

We couldnt "resume" the 19/20 season at all. Why do Hearts fans have such a struggle understanding this?
You cant give clubs more money than others based a on a season that technically didnt exist, so null and void would mean every club gets an even split of money (by division).

Why couldn’t we have paused the season and resume it now? Again, I appreciate it wouldn’t have been ideal but none of this is.
I’m not advocating making the season null & void. As I understand it, the season was called early so clubs could get money. Pause the season, hand out the money, pick it back up when possible and deal with any under/over payments at the end of this season, or even next.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Just like what your club is doing. Self preservation for Hearts, the hypocrisy is palpable.

This is sporting integrity. Yes self preservation but we have a point to make. Yes Hearts were poor over 3 quarters of the season and were the worst in the league. However, the season was not complete and Hearts were 4 points adrift. Partick only 1 point adrift in their league. It was a game of musical chairs and Hearts were in the wrong position. Hearts offered reconstruction but many clubs like Raith and Ross County acted in self interest and rejected it. See what happens in the next step. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

3 games will finish the Scottish Cup on two match days.

8 rounds of league games is a bit harder to fit in before the 3rd of August, imho.

Yes but surely you must see the irony? You can't commence one and declare the other, irrespective of time lines that is farcical. 

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Why couldn’t we have paused the season and resume it now? Again, I appreciate it wouldn’t have been ideal but none of this is.
I’m not advocating making the season null & void. As I understand it, the season was called early so clubs could get money. Pause the season, hand out the money, pick it back up when possible and deal with any under/over payments at the end of this season, or even next.

Stopped so Celtic could get the title. I agree with you though.  The SPFL thought at the time UEFA would be playing Champions League qualifiers in July hence why they declared it to  give them their title. 

Edited by Kernow Hearts

4 minutes ago, Kernow Hearts said:

Yes but surely you must see the irony? You can't commence one and declare the other, irrespective of time lines that is farcical. 

Yes you can, and yes they have. 

3 minutes ago, Kernow Hearts said:

Paused so Celtic could get the title. I agree with you though. 

What little credibility you had left has just vanished. This is not a pro- Cellic conspiracy, nor is it an anti-Hertz conspiracy. 

Grow up, ffs. 

2 hours ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

I hope you chancers get a points reduction for all your antics

Women should be nowhere near the top of a football club she has embarrassed your team across Scotland and beyond

Word has it that we will be charging you 30pound per ticket at starks park when the season starts to recoup some of that wasted money

Hiya 1970s man, Hiya pal!

If you had said "that woman" some may have scorned you for how you had worded it but generally would have had a fair point.  Instead you have made a blanket statement suggesting no woman could possibly be able to run a football club. 

What is wrong with you? 

17 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Because the new Sky contract had to start on the 1st August, and the government has just allowed full contact training to resume.

So in July you're expecting clubs to have their first contact training session, play 8 league games and then 2 play off games.

Hearts could end up playing 10 games in 25 days with 2 days training beforehand. And then go straight into 20/21, which is going to be a struggle to complete anyway due to the Euros now being wedged in next Summer.

You see how stupid that is?

30 minutes ago, Kernow Hearts said:

If they are prepared to pause and restart the Scottish Cup why is the League any different, or is this just another attempt to secure the Celtic treble?

Because the 19/20 Scottish Cup doesnt affect the 20/21 Scottish Cup. While the league, obviously, affects the next season.

This is basic stuff.

2 hours ago, Kernow Hearts said:

Also as an aside, there will be no Hearts fans at Starks Park next season. We won't we coming anywhere near your small time club. 

Hopefully Dundee fans follow suit. 🤝

16 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Yes you can, and yes they have. 

What little credibility you had left has just vanished. This is not a pro- Cellic conspiracy, nor is it an anti-Hertz conspiracy. 

Grow up, ffs. 

Thank you for the endorsement. For most Hearts fans looking from the outside in there appears to be a few confusing decisions made. I am sure were your club in the same position you would be unhappy also. Apologies for appearing paranoid on the surface is is the way I see it. I may of course be proved wrong in the long run. 

28 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Pause it?? No one knew how long this would last might be years might kill us all was the thinking months ago 

Basically hearts were shit all season so just swallow it. Running to courts joke you signed up to the rules