Heart of Midlothian 2014-

The appointment of Neilson as manager of Hearts doesn't surprise me, from memory I always thought he did ok there before. It's more the timing given the ongoing shambles with the SPFL - does this not confirm to external parties that Hearts 'accept' relegation? Even if Budge I actually just after compensation it seems a strange way to try and approach it..

That added to the invariably bad press about players wages, Stendel not taking money etc. but finding compensation for Neilson along with signing Craig Gordon (who won't be on peanuts) and it looks a bit strange. If Hearts can fire cash about like that it's no wonder they're wanting the millions from the SPFL...

FWIW I reckon Neilson can do a good job for Hearts, wasn't that impressed when I seen Dundee Utd last season but to be fair that was only when they played our mob.

32 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

FWIW I reckon Neilson can do a good job for Hearts, wasn't that impressed when I seen Dundee Utd last season but to be fair that was only when they played our mob.

Without a doubt he'll get us back up, but the Premiership is a lot stronger to what it was back then and we certainly wont be top three again up there the football wasnt great but we were winning games 5-1, 4-1, 5-0 etc first time around so let's see. Saying that the championship teams seems not too bad either so who knows.

5 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Saying that the championship teams seems not too bad either so who knows.

It's absolutely shit. The standard is terribly poor. United were gash and cantered the league. Dundee were horrifically disjointed and were going to end up in the play off final. 

Don't get your hopes up for good football, just enjoy the baw hitting the back of the net. 

39 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

But finding compensation for Neilson along with signing Craig Gordon (who won't be on peanuts) and it looks a bit strange. If Hearts can fire cash about like that it's no wonder they're wanting the millions from the SPFL...

No idea what the details are on the compensation but I doubt they've just sent £100,000+ to Dundee United's account this morning.

Hearts are no longer paying the salaries of Craig Levein, Austin MacPhee, Steven MacLean, Oliver Bozanic, Clevid Dikamona and Marcel Langer, plus three loan players and a host of younger players so there will be money in the pot for wages.

18 minutes ago, Darren said:

No idea what the details are on the compensation but I doubt they've just sent £100,000+ to Dundee United's account this morning.

Hearts are no longer paying the salaries of Craig Levein, Austin MacPhee, Steven MacLean, Oliver Bozanic, Clevid Dikamona and Marcel Langer, plus three loan players and a host of younger players so there will be money in the pot for wages.

And Avdijaj who was on a decent wedge.  It also wouldn't surprise me if any contract for Gordon wouldn't actually start until we resume training.  

Edited by Tony Wonder

And Avdijaj who was on a decent wedge.  It also wouldn't surprise me if any contract for Gordon wouldn't actually start until we resume training.  

Nonetheless it’s clearly irresponsible of Hearts to make preparations for next season without stopping to consider the feelings of curtain twitchers in the provinces

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Nonetheless it’s clearly irresponsible of Hearts to make preparations for next season without stopping to consider the feelings of curtain twitchers in the provinces

Yeah. I mean, it's not as if what's happening at tynecastle is of the slightest interest or import to anyone else in Scottish football at this particular moment in time.

😳

35 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Yeah. I mean, it's not as if what's happening at tynecastle is of the slightest interest or import to anyone else in Scottish football at this particular moment in time.

😳

You comment has been noted and is being given an appropriate level of consideration

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's absolutely shit. The standard is terribly poor. United were gash and cantered the league. Dundee were horrifically disjointed and were going to end up in the play off final. 

Don't get your hopes up for good football, just enjoy the baw hitting the back of the net. 

It was strange last time around because it was difficult to tell whether the standard was really low or Hearts were simply that good. 

This was compounded by losing to Celtic early in both cup competitions which didn't tell us very much about where we really stood. It would have been nice to have seen the 2015 Hearts side properly tested against Aberdeen or Dundee

15 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Hearts players and staff taking wage cuts but Budge can find money to get RN released from Dun Utd!! 

Or they could have gone and picked up a less qualified manager for free, got stuck in the dafty leagues for years and have to completely pay off a large % of their staff.

I appreciate that there is probably other more appropriate places to discuss the present reconstruction saga but I have put my comments here to specifically get feedback from Hearts Fans. I am sympathetic to Hearts plight and feel it would be very unfair for you to be relegated. That being said I have serious reservations regarding the temp fix of a 14 team league for  2 seasons ( I think this is Anne Budge's proposal ) . This would mean at end of 22/23 season 3 teams would be automatically relegated from The Premier League to enable the top division to return to a 12. If my team ( St. Johnstone ) finished 3rd bottom and were automatically relegated I would be very unhappy ! . Relegating 3 teams from 14 is in my opinion very unfair and a better solution needs to be found . So basically what I am saying is we need to find 2 solutions, 1) plan to stop Hearts being relegated. 2) plan to revert to 12 fairly. 

My preference would be to go to a Top League of 18 ( play home & away ) but I no this has virtually no chance of ever happening despite many people I know all also favouring this idea. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I’d have put good money on The Caley swatting aside Dundee or Ayr with little problem over 2 legs and getting to the play off final.

2 hours ago, Callander Saint said:

I appreciate that there is probably other more appropriate places to discuss the present reconstruction saga but I have put my comments here to specifically get feedback from Hearts Fans. I am sympathetic to Hearts plight and feel it would be very unfair for you to be relegated. That being said I have serious reservations regarding the temp fix of a 14 team league for  2 seasons ( I think this is Anne Budge's proposal ) . This would mean at end of 22/23 season 3 teams would be automatically relegated from The Premier League to enable the top division to return to a 12. If my team ( St. Johnstone ) finished 3rd bottom and were automatically relegated I would be very unhappy ! . Relegating 3 teams from 14 is in my opinion very unfair and a better solution needs to be found . So basically what I am saying is we need to find 2 solutions, 1) plan to stop Hearts being relegated. 2) plan to revert to 12 fairly. 

My preference would be to go to a Top League of 18 ( play home & away ) but I no this has virtually no chance of ever happening despite many people I know all also favouring this idea. 

Your a bit late in coming to the party apparently reconstruction is over. We may be eating into your budget, nothing personal just collateral damage.