Heart of Midlothian 2014-

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

This is a good laugh, could compare this with McCall leaving Ayr to go Partick.

Bit bemused as Neilson had everything he needed at Dundee United for going back into the premiership but instead has jumped ship to go to a squad which is on the whole shite.

Can see Shankland leaving Dundee United now cause Neilson was a big pull factor on him going to Tannadice and Dundee United could be struggling to stay in the premiership if he goes

All we need now is for the courts to rule hearts stay in the premiership and Dundee United go back down to the championship. That would be the ultimate peak banter.

This is in a different league, literally and metaphorically. 

Hearts are trying to block the Dabs' promotion in court and have just pinched their manager.

A comparable scenario would be us sacking McCall and then appointing McGlynn.

Not sure why it should be seen as a surprising move for Neilson to make. 

I think United are a bit of a basket case heading in a worrying direction given recent comments and seeing their wages to turnover ratio.

I appreciate the irony of this comment given where we find ourselves, but the basic ingredients are there for a halfway competent manager to come in and have us challenging for Europe again within a couple of seasons. Whether Neilson proves to be that man we shall see. 

Happy enough with this, I knew he'd be back one day. Didnt expect it to be this soon, even though it has been almost 4 full years since he left.

But leaving United was a weird one for me, seemed to got them playing good stuff and had good players up there as well.  But oh well whatever happens happens.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Hearts players and staff taking wage cuts but Budge can find money to get RN released from Dun Utd!! 

Many people have already made this point, but thank you for your contribution. 

United were certainly going to win the league. But they were making heavy weather of it despite the big lead, and all this with an absolutely terrific striker for this level and the lack of any real challenge. Weren't very good to watch either. Puzzling appointment from Hearts. Reminds me of Falkirk appointing McKinnon in that if you want to bring in a manager who is in post somewhere else and with a requirement for compensation then it should be somebody half decent, rather than totally average. 

21 minutes ago, Navallion said:

But leaving United was a weird one for me, seemed to got them playing good stuff

From what I can see on here and Twitter, he had them playing fairly turgid stuff, and promotion was more a case of the squad managing it despite his tactics.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

From what I can see on here and Twitter, he had them playing fairly turgid stuff, and promotion was more a case of the squad managing it despite his tactics.

Probably sounds about right actually, he never played anything that special with us.

Top marks lads. Punch them in the puss and then give them a right kick in the knackers on the way down - hopefully literally down.
FWIW - probably a lone non Gorgie voice - but I’m right behind your legal challenge. I’d certainly want my club to challenge this very harsh outcome. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

United were certainly going to win the league. But they were making heavy weather of it despite the big lead, and all this with an absolutely terrific striker for this level and the lack of any real challenge. Weren't very good to watch either. Puzzling appointment from Hearts. Reminds me of Falkirk appointing McKinnon in that if you want to bring in a manager who is in post somewhere else and with a requirement for compensation then it should be somebody half decent, rather than totally average. 

In the two seasons he's had in charge from the start in this division, he's won the title by 21 points & 14 points, with a record points total in one of those seasons. In the top flight with Hearts he finished 3rd then left the following season when they were 2nd.

That was three and a half years ago and they've managed about five months of not being utter shite since.

I'm struggling to see what better manager than Neilson they could possibly have attracted. They were being linked with Neil McCann FFS.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

In the two seasons he's had in charge from the start in this division, he's won the title by 21 points & 14 points, with a record points total in one of those seasons. In the top flight with Hearts he finished 3rd then left the following season when they were 2nd.

That was three and a half years ago and they've managed about five months of not being utter shite since.

I'm struggling to see what better manager than Neilson they could possibly have attracted. They were being linked with Neil McCann FFS.

This is true. Despite all that, the fans of every club he's been at tend to dislike if not hate him due to the way he has his teams playing. Bizarre.

24 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Good point about McCann. I'd genuinely worry about getting out the division with him in charge. And there were rumours this week. We've been through enough recently. 

Weir as SD and McCann as manager was the (horrifying) rumour. Seems as though the former might still be happening.

Guest JTS98
8 minutes ago, Hey! Ho! Jambo! said:

Mr Excitement checks back in at Tynecastle for another dose of swashbuckling football.

:(

Probably not.

Aye. Winning the league by 21 points, being promoted by March, scoring more than 2.5 goals a game was dull as f**k.