Heart of Midlothian 2014-

38 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Well ok you would have to redistribute for the 43rd and 44th team in the system. How much percentage wise does the 42nd team get just now?  

It would also reduce the risk of those sides being relegated if the expansion is permanent. 

FWIW I don't think it will be agreed.

I think it's about 50-50, but if it does happen I think it will require the top 3/4 in the Prem to give up a wee bit.

19 minutes ago, flood said:

You think that rangers would vote yes to help teams that voted against their instructions to do anything to avoid awarding titles?

Only needs one other team in top league to vote against. And it wont happen

It's not us that you have to worry about, I can't see us going against it.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's not us that you have to worry about, I can't see us going against it.

The Old Firm are the most likely to vote against reconstruction, since they're the most likely to benefit from the status quo, as far as TV income is concerned. Hearts and Rangers were natural allies on the season ending vote, but league reconstruction is likely a minor financial loss to Rangers. It does depend on the specifics of what the Budge Commission comes up with, though.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The Old Firm are the most likely to vote against reconstruction, since they're the most likely to benefit from the status quo, as far as TV income is concerned. Hearts and Rangers were natural allies on the season ending vote, but league reconstruction is likely a minor financial loss to Rangers. It does depend on the specifics of what the Budge Commission comes up with, though.

I'd say that it's the perpetual safe teams who might have an issue with it

17 hours ago, DC92 said:

If Budge's track record is anything to go by she'll make an arse of these proposals anyway.

Didnt take her long. Proposal already fucked as she pushes for temporary reconstruction, meaning shes expecting 11 top flight club to vote for a season that includes 3 automatic relegation spots.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Didnt take her long. Proposal already fucked as she pushes for temporary reconstruction, meaning shes expecting 11 top flight club to vote for a season that includes 3 automatic relegation spots.

And just how funny would it have been if Hearts were one of them though.

Random, but with your new stand, is there much of the original Archibald Leitch design left at Tyncastle or is it a complete revamp? I've not paid much attention or visited since it was redeveloped.

Random, but with your new stand, is there much of the original Archibald Leitch design left at Tyncastle or is it a complete revamp? I've not paid much attention or visited since it was redeveloped.

Complete replacement but you may be able to see a few bits of it in the museum when it reopens

52 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

In keeping with the theme of competence and taste that pervades Hearts' new main stand, this:

Hearts in 50 objects: No.32 '“ Main Stand plaque | Edinburgh News

...became this:

[Image: 6E1E1A30-5E6B-49A9-8640-EF45350A40C1.jpe...02395.jpeg]

Just now, SEETHING said:

In keeping with the theme of competence and taste that pervades Hearts' new main stand, this:

Hearts in 50 objects: No.32 '“ Main Stand plaque | Edinburgh News

...became this:

[Image: 6E1E1A30-5E6B-49A9-8640-EF45350A40C1.jpe...02395.jpeg]

Oft. That is horrendous. The new plaque with Budge's name on it looks cheap as hell. And the work round it looks like a homer.

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Oft. That is horrendous. The new plaque with Budge's name on it looks cheap as hell. And the work round it looks like a homer.

tbf we probably had to save a wee bit of money on the plaque because we had had some unexpected costs on the stand project. Like seats.

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think it's about 50-50, but if it does happen I think it will require the top 3/4 in the Prem to give up a wee bit.

That's probably how it would be pitched in terms of prize money for an increase of 2 sides. I think the thing that will put middle sized clubs off more is that after 26 games, if you're sitting in 7th you miss the cut and the payoff from playing the bigger sides. Then there's the question as to what you have left to play for. Only If you had 4 European places guaranteed through the league then 7th could enter a playoff but I'm not sure how popular that would be. 4 European league places is the season after next I think anyway. 

I'm not sure what to read into Hamilton being involved in the steering group. I did wonder if that's because they were favourable. I think it will be Killie, Motherwell and St. Johnstone with the most to lose. 

Also those plaques and the stonework is so shit. Cheeky wee sub contract for Timpsons? Why is Ann the only one with her name spelled out? Why the comma and why the comma and no full stop? Why didn't they save the original stonework? It doesn't matter but the inability to get even the smallest things right under this regime is so tiresome. 

On 11/04/2020 at 21:20, LincolnHearts said:

That post is reekin' :lol:

edit : The poster (Hardcore Jambo) has been fishing with a fair amount of success.

Post count = 107.  JKB is a strange site. 

He's as much a Hearts fan as I am a trapeze artist. 

I see they got banned. From an outsider's POV they were a good laugh.