Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Hearts are silly c***s who can’t look after their pocket money after they were given a reprieve, no sympathy .

Ironic then that we were slaughtered for putting measures in to ride this storm out yet we are being put down because other teams are too good for that but can't go a few extra weeks without prize money.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They did this last month, as they always do at this time of the season.

The remaining money to pay teams bottom of their divisions is minimal. 

So what then is the money they are dangling in front of the wee teams in return for their obedience?

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Ironic then that we were slaughtered for putting measures in to ride this storm out yet we are being put down because other teams are too good for that but can't go a few extra weeks without prize money.

You were criticised for Budge coming and trying to use the media to get people to accept 50% wage cuts.

Incidentally, the teams desperate for money are those in League Two, some of whom are admitting theyll barely see out the month without the prize money in full, and some of whom have players with contracts expiring soon that they have no idea what to do with. Mocking part time sides is an absolutely shite look.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

So what then is the money they are dangling in front of the wee teams in return for their obedience?

The final piece which bring everyone from an equal amount to their final position amount.

It's only you and some deranged Falkirk fans who seem convinced the SPFL are hoarding a huge mountain of gold coins as some form of "blackmail".

This is how it always works, theyve just forwarded April cash to March, as teams in League Two, who rely almost entirely on matchday income, have no money coming in at all over March/April/May.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You were criticised for Budge coming and trying to use the media to get people to accept 50% wage cuts.

Incidentally, the teams desperate for money are those in League Two, some of whom are admitting theyll barely see out the month without the prize money in full, and some of whom have players with contracts expiring soon that they have no idea what to do with. Mocking part time sides is an absolutely shite look.

Who's mocking part time teams? Didn't Livingston release a statement yesterday saying they were voting for it because they wanted their money?

Budge has already said there are ways we can help the teams lower down without calling the season, but the SPFL won't entertain it and the communication has been a one way street with the league not listening to feedback.

Edited by Tony Wonder

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Who's mocking part time teams? Didn't Livingston release a statement yesterday saying they were voting for it become they wanted their money?

Budge has already said there are ways we can help the teams lower down without calling the season, but the SPFL won't entertain it and the communication has been a one way street with the league not listening to feedback.

Don't worry they can put an asterisx next to Hearts name in the championship so everyone will know why they got relegted.

Edited by Romeo

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Who's mocking part time teams? Didn't Livingston release a statement yesterday saying they were voting for it become they wanted their money?

Livingston said a week or so ago theyd had a record profit and were fine, I think you've misread their point.

Budge wanted to kill off half the lower league team sides, forgive me if I smell absolute bollcoks off any statement she makes regarding helping them. She would happily support a reconstruction plan that sees Hearts stay in the top flight and the entirety of League One/Two disbanded.

The SPFL board is made of club chairman who have had 3 meetings in the past 3 weeks with all 42 clubs before this proposal was put forward. That's a fact that's in the media. They havent just dreamed it up, it's clearly what most people thought was best, in a situation where there is no right answer.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Livingston said a week or so ago theyd had a record profit and were fine, I think you've misread their point.

Budge wanted to kill off half the lower league team sides, forgive me if I smell absolute bollcoks off any statement she makes regarding helping them. She would happily support a reconstruction plan that sees Hearts stay in the top flight and the entirety of League One/Two disbanded.

The SPFL board is made of club chairman who have had 3 meetings in the past 3 weeks with all 42 clubs before this proposal was put forward. That's a fact that's in the media. They havent just dreamed it up, it's clearly what most people thought was best, in a situation where there is no right answer.

Really? Link?

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The meetings haven't had much input from chairman according to Budge. She said due to the lack of face to face meetings it's been almost one way communication.  It might well be bollocks, but I'm sure she'll be shot down quickly for it if true. 

Even Hibs have said there needs to be more dialogue.

Edited by Tony Wonder

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The final piece which bring everyone from an equal amount to their final position amount.

It's only you and some deranged Falkirk fans who seem convinced the SPFL are hoarding a huge mountain of gold coins as some form of "blackmail".

This is how it always works, theyve just forwarded April cash to March, as teams in League Two, who rely almost entirely on matchday income, have no money coming in at all over March/April/May.

What proportion? I got the impression from some Chairmen interviews that it was actually a crucial amount. Crucial enough to sway a vote

I'm not sure mate but expanding the top league by 2 teams is really really unfair on Dundee, less unfair on Hearts and Partick Thistle and not possible anyway in case you were wondering.
Fair play to some St Mirren fans on here. Justifying weaselling out of a relegation battle with 24 points to play while simultaneously attempting to occupy the moral high ground. Some caper likes.  
I'd rather we finished the season and relegate you lot that way, as long as it is with the current squads (sporting integrity and all that).

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Really? Link?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

She has previous for it. She would absolutely, 100%, see part time sides killed off if it helped Hearts, so let's not paint her stance here as anything other than looking out for Hearts and using those sides as a guilt trip for others.

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

What proportion? I got the impression from some Chairmen interviews that it was actually a crucial amount. Crucial enough to sway a vote

I can only go off Skyline Drifter, but the amount currently paid to clubs in March (instead of April), is pretty much the amount the team in bottom will be receiving if they finish there.

That means every club will be waiting on different amounts.

You cannot void the season and then use that season to decide how much money clubs are getting, so they need to settle on final positions before they can do that fairly.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

The meetings haven't had much input from chairman according to Budge. She said due to the lack of face to face meetings it's been almost one way communication.  It might well be bollocks, but I'm sure she'll be shot down quickly for it if true. 

Even Hibs have said there needs to be more dialogue.

I dont think there is any chance of that vote passing today, as Dempster has said there is no point in jumping to immediate solutions without thinking things through properly.

There will be more dialogue, there will be more chat about reconstruction (which is a unicorn, imo) etc................but if that goes on for another couple of weeks, lots of clubs will be even more skint and financial imperative will force them to whatever gives them some dough - and I suspect that option will be close to the same one which relegates Hearts and Partick Thistle.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

She has previous for it. She would absolutely, 100%, see part time sides killed off if it helped Hearts, so let's not paint her stance here as anything other than looking out for Hearts and using those sides as a guilt trip for others.

I can only go off Skyline Drifter, but the amount currently paid to clubs in March (instead of April), is pretty much the amount the team in bottom will be receiving if they finish there.

That means every club will be waiting on different amounts.

You cannot void the season and then use that season to decide how much money clubs are getting, so they need to settle on final positions before they can do that fairly.

That's insane. So for instance, Motherwell who would be due £2.1m for 3rd place are currently capped at the £1.1m due to last place Hearts?  Ayr Utd, who would be due £325k for 4th place are currently capped at the £175k due to last place Partick? Yup. I can see how that kind of arm twisting could deliver an obedient vote.  

Edited by Pet Jeden

29 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That's insane. So for instance, Motherwell who would be due £2.1m for 3rd place are currently capped at the £1.1m due to last place Hearts?  Ayr Utd, who would be due £325k for 4th place are currently capped at the £175k due to last place Partick? Yup. I can see how that kind of arm twisting could deliver an obedient vote.  

Its always how it works. Team get their minimum amount in April, and then the rest once their position is confirmed in May.

It's been like this for a fucking decade, and now all of a sudden it's some form of blackmail? 

They cannot give out prize money based on position and then effectively void the season.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its always how it works. So what? Team get their minimum amount in April, and then the rest once their position is confirmed in May.

It's been like this for a fucking decade, and now all of a sudden it's some form of blackmail?  Yes

They cannot give out prize money based on position and then effectively void the season. Why not?

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You cant say it's unfair to relegate Hearts after 30 games because they can still finish 8th, and not say it's unfair to give Hearts 12th placed prize money when they can still finish 8th.

Unless, of course, you dont actually care about what's "fair" and are just desperately working out a system that sees your club saved and would get the backing of cash starved clubs at the bottom of the pile (for example: Rangers "dont give Celtic the title and get your money now" sales pitch)