Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Sorry to hear this evening’s news, although it’s going to the first of many similar announcements.

Really sad news for anyone effected. Hopefully it isn’t the start of the end for my, or anyone else’s, club.

Oaft.

You know, if this sort of statement had been put out 6 months ago, I'd have been pishing myself laughing.

First reaction was to shake my head.

This is a canary in the coalmine moment. One of our countries biggest clubs, which gets fan funding too, releasing this.

It's obviously not good, but if we are looking at 5 months without income and can't even put ST's on sale as a) we don't know how to price them given we don't know what league we'll be in and b) people aren't on a position to buy, then it's not overly surprising.  We'll be nowhere near the first to do this.

How would offering contract termination be beneficial for Hearts? They’d still need to pay up the contract of anyone who took it surely.

Folk either agreeing to walk away, unlikely, or a settlement fee which is less than we would be paying - again this could be a smaller amount each month than the persons wage, until they found something else.

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Folk either agreeing to walk away, unlikely, or a settlement fee which is less than we would be paying - again this could be a smaller amount each month than the persons wage, until they found something else.

And it's not exactly a seller's market either. No one will be re-signing players until there's clarity.

4 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Stupid clubs that don’t learn their lessons.

Hardly a time to be sticking the boot in. As much as I and many other Hibs fans would love to point and laugh at Hearts pain,  this isn't an occasion to do so. They won't be the only ones.

Shite news lads.. 

Edited by Bohemian

Other clubs will probably have to do likewise, and it's obviously a unique situation.

We wouldn't be in this deep, though,  if we hadn't overspent on the stand, and players that aren't worth it.

Still, as long as there's enough in Mrs Budge's biscuit tin to take legal action against the Sottish Fitba' beaks, eh? 

Hardly a time to be sticking the boot in. As much as I and many other Hibs fans would love to point and laugh at Hearts pain,  this isn't an occasion to do so. They won't be the only ones.
Shite news lads.. 

There is absolutely no way a club and fan base of their size should be in this position so quickly, especially so soon after recent experiences.

Zero sympathy here.

Different for your Elgin’s and Cowdenbeaths of the world

Surprised that it isn't possible to organise a loan of a few million quid. We've obviously demonstrated that the fans are capable of raising such funds over a relatively short space of time.

Is this perhaps a tactical ploy considering the position we are in...?

3 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Is this perhaps a tactical ploy considering the position we are in...?

Seems to me like an admission you're going down. Even if the season played out to the end, what sort of an effect would this have on Hearts' players when football resumes?